• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintyice

I always feel bad about having all my shit delivered to work where the mailroom has to deal with it, so two weeks ago I ordered something to my house instead and the package got lost.

so much for that

I used work to pack and fedex it back so oh well... The whole thing was packed so poorly. It was 4 foam corners in a thin cardboard box. The base and stand were just wrapped in bubble wrap and put in front of the screen. I'm pretty sure it got banged around in shipping. It looked fine when I took it out of the box but plugged in it looked like this:

9Nta6Nwl.jpg

I thinks YMMV with shipping companies. UPS and FedEx do their job great to my house, and when I worked in a shipping center for my college they never lost a package.

I thinks YMMV with shipping companies. UPS and FedEx do their job great to my house, and when I worked in a shipping center for my college they never lost a package.

my last apartment was fine for the most part. had minor issues with them trying to deliver at stupid hours (yo, the front office is closed at 9pm). but this neighborhood, despite being a pretty decent neighborhood... everybody who services the neighborhood is shit. cable companies, deliveries, garbage collectors. I can't figure it out

but generally I think delivery companies are less likely to want to piss off big companies so I don't mind the extra hassle of having it shipped to work for a bit of peace of mind

but generally I think delivery companies are less likely to want to piss off big companies so I don't mind the extra hassle of having it shipped to work for a bit of peace of mind

For sure, beat part about being a college with a service contract was that leverage, because their competitors were always ready in the wings if they fucked up.

LiK

that appears in the first half hour of the game

who caaaaaaarrreeessssss

not every single detail of a game is a spoiler just because you didn't already know it.

Did you read my comment? I didn't listen until AFTER I played through the first two hours cuz I don't want certain things to be spoiled for myself. And yes, it's a spoiler to me. 30 minutes or 30 hours doesn't make a difference to me. Please kindly fuck off.

I think seeing the different ways that east and west view that stuff kind of shows that if you aren't into the lore all that much it all just seems like random and fan service, but if you follow it more closely you realize there are reasons for it. Brad and Jason both kind of called it a remix or fan service and both really aren't into the story of the series where Vinny and Austin seemed really interested in it and why it linked to the old games because they're more into that stuff.

I'm going into it completely blind and so far it's been fine. I'm not looking up stuff unless I get stuck. Im enjoying the surprises and I care about the lore. It doesn't seem like fan service to me so far.

Did you read my comment? I didn't listen until AFTER I played through the first two hours cuz I don't want certain things to be spoiled for myself. And yes, it's a spoiler to me. Please kindly fuck off.

for someone who called me dickish yesterday and put me on ignore you sure have a temper on you. Someone tell him to chill out, brah

Curufinwe

I ran out of GB videos to watch last night so I watched some of Game Informer's Dark Souls 3 Chronicles series. Dan Tack makes it look so easy.

Since dark souls is the hot topic of the hour: I'm playing DS2 and I just got to Drangleic Castle.

How much would one say I have left?

I feel like you've got somewhere around 10 hours left? Although that game is kind of a blur for me so I might be wrong.

Did you read my comment? I didn't listen until AFTER I played through the first two hours cuz I don't want certain things to be spoiled for myself. And yes, it's a spoiler to me. 30 minutes or 30 hours doesn't make a difference to me. Please kindly fuck off.
I don't think it's that serious that you need to get upset about it.

I some how managed to never play a Ratchet and Clank game despite always thinking they looked fun. This QL has me interested...such a nice looking game.

Would I be able to just hop in and play without knowing anything? There isn't some deep lore that I need to know about, right?

Wunder

I some how managed to never play a Ratchet and Clank game despite always thinking they looked fun. This QL has me interested...such a nice looking game.

Would I be able to just hop in and play without knowing anything? There isn't some deep lore that I need to know about, right?

Yeah, I jumped in on the PS3 Future series and that was a blast. You might miss a call back or two but these games are just fun romps with a good mix of platforming and combat.

Curufinwe

Play the other 12 games first.

Zaph

2015's Best Story winner SOMA is 40% off on Steam right now and you should absolutely play it if you have not already.

This is tied game of the year, easily one of this generation's finest, and quite possibly one of the best games ever made.

And it has yet to make a profit. Please buy it.

Zaph

That's a shame. Was the game's sales hurt by streaming and such?

I'm not entirely sure. I think it flew under the radar a bit as another one of 'those' horror games, which it absolutely is not (something even I had to be convinced of in this thread), and the initial price put it outside of the take a punt range (even though it was worth every penny and then some). Also, it's budget and dev cycle was significant, at least relative to indie games, which will take time to recoup.

It's almost been a year since the last Bunch of Dad's podcast and we were told there would be more episodes with a bigger cast of rotating people. :(

Going through and cleaning up some of my podcasts subscriptions.

Tubobutts

Hey I just remembered something, did Dan ever eat that hat? I don't remember why he was supposed to eat a hat but I'm pretty sure he was supposed to and that he didn't. I think it was on the powerbombcast.

swimbuff

Bought Dark Souls 3 due to all the GB coverage but man this game is not something you want to play after a stressful day at work. Since the work situation isn't gonna change for a while, I guess I won't be able to come back to the game anytime soon. A shame, since I'm a fan of these games.

Is Ratchet & Clank a game you could play to unwind? I kinda missed out on the series so I don't know what to expect.

TraBuch

Banned
I haven't upgraded my GPU in like five years. It'll be funny if I could run Dark Souls 3 better than the GB guys with their fancy new shit.

Strax

Am I remembering it wrong or didn't the old R&C games have alot of platforming in them? Because the quick look didn't have any of that.

yami4ct

I haven't upgraded my GPU in like five years. It'll be funny if I could run Dark Souls 3 better than the GB guys with their fancy new shit.

From the sounds of it (Not sure if it's been confirmed), it isn't new shit that's having trouble. The 900 series seems to be running fine from my experience and what I've seen posted. It's the 700 series, which is like 3 years old, that's hitting odd bugs.

Strax

Hey I just remembered something, did Dan ever eat that hat? I don't remember why he was supposed to eat a hat but I'm pretty sure he was supposed to and that he didn't. I think it was on the powerbombcast.

Yeah he didn't eat the hat and it was a bet on the Powerbombcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom