• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conceptually I feel that MGSV could have been really cool if they actually managed to tie those concepts together instead of releasing an unfinished mess.

EVERYTHING about MGSV on paper sounds like the greatest Metal Gear ever, both in terms of gameplay and plot. But yeah, it flubs its execution hard.

The reveal in this mission would have been 10x better if you had to play though the level from real Big Bosses perspective.

Instead its just the same mission again.

When I started MGSV at launch, I tweeted something like "this opening is pretty cool, but I'd never want to play it again." That could have backfired spoiler-wise, but boy did that still ever backfire. What a lose-lose situation.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
When I started MGSV at launch, I tweeted something like "this opening is pretty cool, but I'd never want to play it again." That could have backfired spoiler-wise, but boy did that still ever backfire. What a lose-lose situation.

Even worse was for me when PS4 was crashing at one point of game (I think it was enter birthdate or something) so this first part of game I saw alot until I fixed -.-

That would've required additional game development. Can't have that.

I would love to know how this game ended development.

Did Konami just take what KojiPro had finished in March or whenever Kojima was given his termination and call it a day? Anything not finished was cut and what was finished was stitched together into the game we have.

Did Konami just take what KojiPro had finished in March or whenever Kojima was given his termination and call it a day? Anything not finished was cut and what was finished was stitched together into the game we have.
The Final Hours of Metal Gear Solid V by Geoff Keighley would be quite interesting.

oti

Banned
As someone who hasn't played MGS V yet and who's been avoiding spoilers since its launch, some of the posts here read like entirely possible plot points or just ludicrous nonsense. Or both. No wait, definitely both.

tuxfool

Banned
They should do an epilogue episode where they listen to The Truth tapes. There's some legit compelling and important stuff in those.

Yeah, no. Those are slow and drawn out. Frankly they're just boring. Unless you're hungry to find out what has happened it doesn't matter.

Doop

They should do an epilogue episode where they listen to The Truth tapes. There's some legit compelling and important stuff in those.

Wouldn't that be the same as just listening to them on youtube, but afterwards Dan and Drew say a few words? They stay pretty quiet during those tapes.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, no. Those are slow and drawn out. Frankly they're just boring. Unless you're hungry to find out what has happened it doesn't matter.

I thought they were alright, but they're essentially just replacements for what could have been cutscenes.

This is making me remember just how disappointing the end of this game was; really unfortunate.

Edit: Haha, what the hell. How does Drew find these things.

BigBoss

According to people close to the project, MGSV was content complete a year before release.

tuxfool

Banned
I thought they were alright, but they're essentially just replacements for what could have been cutscenes.

This is making me remember just how disappointing the end of this game was; really unfortunate.

Yup. Even talking heads would add a bit more dynamism to what they're talking about in those tapes.

Edit: Haha, what the hell. How does Drew find these things.

It's still astounding that the Most Important Thing Ever for establishing why the Metal Gear world is the way it is for all the non-prequel games is relegated to a bunch of bonus audio tapes after you've played a million hours of Metal Gear Gaiden: Some Asshole's 1984 Seychelles Vacation: A Spinoff of MGS5: Peace Walker on the PSP

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear...?!

hqdefault.jpg

Is the general consensus among MGS fans that V doesn't mean 5?

Kojima himself tweeted that at some point.

It's still astounding that the Most Important Thing Ever for establishing why the Metal Gear world is the way it is for all the non-prequel games is relegated to a bunch of bonus audio tapes after you've played a million hours of Metal Gear Gaiden: Some Asshole's 1984 Seychelles Vacation: A Spinoff of MGS5: Peace Walker on the PSP

Well when the moment that Big Boss "turns evil" happens at the secret end of the PSP sequel to the third game where you can only see it after chasing some guy over and over again for 7 missions after "beating the game", this doesn't seem that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom