• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
nobody answered my question about pitfalls. seriously, if DS3 has less bullshit bottomless pit deaths than DS1, I might actually pick the damn thing up

There's nothing like Sen's Fortress at all. There are a definitely a couple of areas where you could fall off during a fight, but I don't feel like any of the enemies have the kind of knock back necessary to do it.

none of the dark games have even as close to dangerous pitfalls that Demon's had. there's that whole stage where you're basically fighting skeletons on the side of a mountain with like practically zero walking room that remains some of the most stressful gaming i've ever done.

I could really go for either a remake of Demon's or a Demon's 2 right now just so that the world might be mended

none of the dark games have even as close to dangerous pitfalls that Demon's had. there's that whole stage where you're basically fighting skeletons on the side of a mountain with like practically zero walking room that remains some of the most stressful gaming i've ever done.

I could really go for either a remake of Demon's or a Demon's 2 right now just so that the world might be mended

Those skeletons weren't that bad. Anor Londo arrow bridge is an likely always will be the worst variant of that.

Megasoum

Banned
Most of my knowledge of the Normands comes from this...

asterixco09.jpg

Those skeletons weren't that bad. Anor Londo arrow bridge is an likely always will be the worst variant of that.

I dunno, I just remember the dark games being so much easier that Demon's which i attribute to the structure of demon's and also to demon's being the first of the souls games and having to learn how to play that style of game as I went along. Dark 1 had a couple of difficulty spikes but never was out and out frustrating and Dark 2 ended up being almost a baby souls game in the end.

oh i kinda remember that now. I didn't find that hard at all.

it's not even a difficulty thing, and that's the annoying part. it's mostly down to luck and timing whether you get hit and how much it staggers you and where you're standing. in a game series generally praised for "fair difficulty" it's not "fair"

it's not even a difficulty thing, and that's the annoying part. it's mostly down to luck and timing whether you get hit and how much it staggers you and where you're standing. in a game series generally praised for "fair difficulty" it's not "fair"

well i guess I what i meant was that it wasn't something that stood out for me as hard or annoying. It was no Tomb of the Giants, which also wasn't hard but could be damn annoying at times. And it especially wasn't Blighttown with it's fucking toxic darts. Or that one time i was cursed and was super annoyed for a couple of hours.

It just seemed like a gentle spring breeze in comparison to those things

Amen to this. one of the few times in my life I've actually thrown a controller.
Well then I've got some good news and some bad news. There's nothing close to that bad in this one. However there is a section that I would consider a callback to this. If you play smart though it's pretty manageable.

oh i kinda remember that now. I didn't find that hard at all.
Tanky builds tend to struggle less in that section since greatshields can take the hits without draining all your stamina, but if you've gone Dex or just don't have the Strength to use one, because of your level it can be difficult.

I've also seen a knight just fall off at the top too. I'm not saying that was the case for you, but that section is notorious halting people's progress. I quit my first time through right after that section and mostly blame it on the arrows.

I save scummed to beat The Bed of Chaos I got tired of running to the boss door. That's one thing that has changed for the better. Now most bosses have an easy access route to them.

I save scummed to beat The Bed of Chaos I got tired of running to the boss door. That's one thing that has changed for the better. Now most bosses have an easy access route to them.

... I kind of wish that had occurred to me. fuck that fight, fuck the hike to the boss door, fuck that jump/fall you're supposed to make

Horizon at least seemed somewhat formed and fleshed out when it was shown. Thought Holiday this year was long enough. Sea of Thieves I feel like we got nothing of when it was first shown.

how do you even save scum in a souls game? like turn off/Alt F4 the game before it saves that you have died?

the bed of chaos took me a handful of tries but to be fair i had seen Vinny play it first so i knew what to do when I got there.

pizzacat

Banned
I don't think I can ever play dark souls because after having played demons souls a long time ago and now bloodborne I don't understand the shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom