• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert's Campaign To Get Married At Vegas Taco Bell (He Won)

tumblr_inline_mrr7fna2am1qz4rgp.gif

God damn it Dan.

Kaizer

Banned
I love the people that have been commenting (not just here) that she "clearly doesn't really want to do it." The funny thing is, I sent the link to her as a joke. I didn't expect the response to be "Let's do it!". She initially wanted to do a quick and easy courthouse thing because she doesn't care about the big frilly traditional wedding. When we saw this, we saw an opportunity to avoid the traditional rigamarole and also have a really funny story to tell.

Wishing you the best Dan, if anyone can win this thing, it's you!

KaYotiX

Banned
Who cares where you get married, as long as both are all in and love eachother then fuck the haters.

My wife and i got married in a courthouse, we didn't want a huge wedding and took that $$ and used it to buy a house.

It seems like nowadays people have a huge wedding just because that's what your "supposed" to do.

You go Dan!!

JoseDFrog

Banned
I love the people that have been commenting (not just here) that she "clearly doesn't really want to do it." The funny thing is, I sent the link to her as a joke. I didn't expect the response to be "Let's do it!". She initially wanted to do a quick and easy courthouse thing because she doesn't care about the big frilly traditional wedding. When we saw this, we saw an opportunity to avoid the traditional rigamarole and also have a really funny story to tell.
I'll vote for you if you livestream the wedding and make it premium content.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I like that Dan chipped in to silence everyone freaking out about getting married at a TB. Hell yeah, make it memorable. There's no point in a generic wedding if both parties aren't interested in it. You're going to be married, the actual wedding is a tiny slice of your entire life together.

Good luck, Dan, hope you win!

hamchan

Honestly this sounds pretty awesome. Gives a unique story different from all those other boring weddings and saves on costs too.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Don't let these basement-dwellers get you down. You and your wife-to-be are awesome people.

You got yourself a fine lady who is just as weird as you are. Go for broke.

Dartastic

I love it. I love it so much and I will vote and make sure everyone I know votes.

Chavelo

Listen, just make sure to livestream this shit out and that you get some sort of wrestling match for the reception, pls

If there's one thing I can definitively say nearly 14 years after getting married, it's that I wish my wife and I had gone with our gut instead of doing all the traditional stuff because that's what family wanted.

You do you.

I think you really did find your soulmate.

TheXbox

Seems pretty fucking wack for a borderline-diabetic to get married in a Taco Bell.

All power to him, though. This would be the apex of Ryckert's shenanigans.

cilonen

You've got my vote. Although if this falls through have you considered a drive through chapel ?

kiguel182

What about NuDan?! What about him?

You go Dan!

Congrats on the engagement and I hope you guys have a great wedding.

But like he's totally going to win this unless unless another internet personality enters.

They might as well halt all voting and give it to them now.

I hope his favorite gas station sushi will be catered there.

Good luck! If there's voting, I'll remember to. Also, please tell Alex if there could be a special Friday with live yakuza? Loving the series!

Have you seen the state of West at the minute?
Yep, no personality other than Jeff there at the moment. I love Brad, Drew, and Jason but they're so subdued, and this probably isn't the best word, uptight. Dan moving to Gbeast made Gbeast worth watching on a regular basis for the first time. He and Vinny are great together.

Will definitely vote for Dan and Bianca to make this happen.

I guess it depends on how seriously you take things like this, the only thing I'd say to him is think about 20, 30 years from now, is this a story he is going to want to tell to friends, children, grandchildren? If the answer is yes, go for it.

Personally, I don't think I could go through with something like this, mostly because my girlfriend would probably kill me. I think it's hilarious.

D i Z

The Ryckerts are going to end up on an episode of The Dollop at some point. Might as well start getting the footnotes in order now.

As someone who was married in Las Vegas, if I could go back and have it in a Taco Bell in Las Vegas, I probably would.

I was in Las Vegas last month and our group went to the Taco Bell on the strip. They serve the Baja Blast as an alcoholic slushy. It was amazing.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I guess it depends on how seriously you take things like this, the only thing I'd say to him is think about 20, 30 years from now, is this a story he is going to want to tell to friends, children, grandchildren? If the answer is yes, go for it.
You haven't listened to enough of Dan talking then, what you ask is a sure thing.

Once Dan got established on Gb, I feel he has sometimes tried too hard to be 'Dan'

This is an example. It's like he's personally writing fan fiction about himself.

You ain't seen his GI stuff. You may say different, but you ain't.

Continue wrapping the world around your little finger, and I await your inevitable win. :p

eot

Banned

I appreciate your commitment to dumb shit

Personally, I don't think I could go through with something like this, mostly because my girlfriend would probably kill me. I think it's hilarious.

I know you mean well, but do you think, given his inane life circumstances, that his children would even care about his wedding if it wasn't something as dumb as being the first couple married at a Taco Bell?

There could be no more of a "Dan Rykert" wedding than holding it at Taco Bell. Except for maybe getting married in the middle of a WWE Ring with a cake made of Taco Bell food sitting next to the ring.

This is destiny.

Any child raised by Dan is probably going to grow up thinking that getting married in a Taco Bell is awesome.

Top Bottom