• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert's Campaign To Get Married At Vegas Taco Bell (He Won)

Genryu

Banned
I love the people that have been commenting (not just here) that she "clearly doesn't really want to do it." The funny thing is, I sent the link to her as a joke. I didn't expect the response to be "Let's do it!". She initially wanted to do a quick and easy courthouse thing because she doesn't care about the big frilly traditional wedding. When we saw this, we saw an opportunity to avoid the traditional rigamarole and also have a really funny story to tell.

I will make sure to vote for you, and I'll have a dozen cheesy roll ups in your honor.

jambo

I love the people that have been commenting (not just here) that she "clearly doesn't really want to do it." The funny thing is, I sent the link to her as a joke. I didn't expect the response to be "Let's do it!". She initially wanted to do a quick and easy courthouse thing because she doesn't care about the big frilly traditional wedding. When we saw this, we saw an opportunity to avoid the traditional rigamarole and also have a really funny story to tell.

It's a great idea to do exactly what you want to and not worry about tradition and doing "normal" stuff.

My wife and I got married in an art deco movie theatre and had our reception in an Irish pub.

You do you.

You have my vote!

Fuck the haters Dan. Do whatever makes you and your fiancée happy. That's all that matters!

To the people acting like they know what best for Dan and his fiancée: Go fuck yourselves! Throwing shade on another couples special day just speaks to your pathetic nature. Though I shouldn't be surprised with what I've read on NeoGAF over the years.

elfinke

All of this is awesome. I always adored the story about wanting to be buried in that Mortal Kombat cabinet-cum-casket (though I understand that may have since been put on hold, perhaps indefinitely), so having part of his life bookended by getting married at Taco Bell is just sensational.
So long as you don't do an alternate drop-plate - taco/burrito/taco-burrito... - traditional dinner, lol

All the best to you both with this, Dan.

Dan Ryckert is the king of white trash.

He made Giant Bomb great.

Conversely, now that he's no longer on Giant Bomb I have even more reason to listen to it, and now that he's at Beastcast and Austin is gone, I have 0 reason to listen to Beastcast. ;)

2743718-dangasm.gif

The little visual glitch on his forehead looks like something is melting into his forehead and entering his brain, causing him to lose all sense of self

Phu

Banned

Conversely, now that he's no longer on Giant Bomb I have even more reason to listen to it, and now that he's at Beastcast and Austin is gone, I have 0 reason to listen to Beastcast. ;)

I wish there were two Dans so we could get him on both coasts.

Fjordson

The fact that this upsets people is hilarious. Really hope they get to do it.

You're trash.

It's like a Kansas fairy tale come to life <3

Forget Taco Bell, if I were OkCupid I would be promoting this engagement as my greatest tour de force.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I can't think of a more suitable person to have this honor! God Speed Dan, you got my vote!

Varth

Reception is in a firing range, first night in a trailer park, firstborn named Nacho if a boy, TacoMarie if a girl. Only then you've got my blessing for It.

pizzacat

Banned

yeah dan is too dum i only follow the thinking mans journalist like austin walker and patrick klepek over there at bastionfucks.com

Radio

Dan getting married at Taco Bell is more appropriate and meaningful than at some beach in Mexico or a church they don't even go to. I mean, people get married in barns all the time, and Taco Bell at least has slightly fewer animals shitting in it than a barn.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Lots of people in this thread still don't realize how much of Dan's persona is a character.

And y'all saying he 'ruined' GB. GTFO.
I like him a lot more than I did Patrick in his GB tenure, nothing against Patrick, Dan is just more entertaining.

Top Bottom