• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert's Campaign To Get Married At Vegas Taco Bell (He Won)

IcyStorm

I like you Dan, but don't do this. This is a special day - don't get fucking married in a fast food restaurant.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did win this, they'd do the thing and also have a more traditional thing as well.

I don't understand the people hating on this - it's not harmful to anyone and it's something they both apparently wanna do.

Fucking Dan. That woman does not want to get married at Taco Bell, no matter how much of a happy face she puts on it. But you can tell she loves him as it it all makes Ryckert sense. Hopefully GiantBomb documents the whole thing if it happens. I think Dan might be okay with it as he is not as private as the rest.
If anyone was going to live stream their wedding it would be Dan.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did win this, they'd do the thing and also have a more traditional thing as well.

I don't understand the people hating on this - it's not harmful to anyone and it's something they both apparently wanna do.
If it's just for fun and they have a real day on the quiet - then sure that's fine. They have my blessing.

Jakoo

2536312-2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

Tubobutts

Fucking Dan. That woman does not want to get married at Taco Bell, no matter how much of a happy face she puts on it. But you can tell she loves him as it it all makes Ryckert sense. Hopefully GiantBomb documents the whole thing if it happens. I think Dan might be okay with it as he is not as private as the rest.
I would believe that a person who wants to marry Dan would also want to get married at A Taco Bell.

pelican

I don't like being judgemental, but this is one of the most immature and crass things I've seen in a while.

Getting married in a Taco Bell. Seriously? Completely ridiculous.

louiedog

I've attended weddings in boring hotel ballrooms or community halls with bad food that just seemed like people going through the motions of what you're supposed to do. This actually seems better to me. I would never want it for myself though.

Congrats on him getting married.

I remember him saying that he didn't know how to shave (not an issue) so he bought a razor and put it on his face dry and got really sliced up. Like even in cartoons they have shaving cream. Later he said something about trying to souve chicken in a bathtub.

Every time I see he's alive, I'm legit shocked he didn't pass away trying to jump rope with a downed power line or got fatal food poisioning because he figured that cheese left on the counter for weeks was ok and "Keep Refrigerated" was just a really weird slogan dairy and meat companies agreed to share.

Fevaweva

Are you actually saying that you know what Dan's fiance wants more than Dan - the man who is actually marrying her?

Dan is going to end up using his wrestling connections to somehow meet Trump, will end up accidentally Periscoping ironclad proof of corruption, and end up in history books

muteki

As someone who was married in Las Vegas, if I could go back and have it in a Taco Bell in Las Vegas, I probably would.

Broank

Yea I just had a friend that had his wedding in Cancun then had another traditional wedding and reception at home after for the people that couldn't come and for the side of the family that were religious/non partiers.

Once Dan got established on Gb, I feel he has sometimes tried too hard to be 'Dan'

This is an example. It's like he's personally writing fan fiction about himself.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Not sure why you would think this, as Dan has talked about what they both want for a wedding and boy is it not your standard fare already.

Don't listen to the haters, Dan! Get married in that damn Taco Bell if your and your loved one's hearts desire it! I think it's kind of great, personally.

This is an embarrassing post. Telling a guy you've never met what's best for his soon to be wife that you've never met. Jesus.

What the hell are the odds Dan found a willing partner, is engaged, and TacoBell is offering a wedding? I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.
He for sure has my vote.

BTA

Sometimes I forget he has a background in film and making his own videos because: holy shit that editing. Amazing.

Loxley

This is the most Dan Ryckert-ass thing Dan has ever done, I love it. He only needs to get a pro wrestler to officiate and the package will be complete.

Risible

Some judgemental-ass people up in this thread.

Traditional wedding experiences cost a shit load. Having done it I'd say save the money for a house and kids.

And LOL at the dude claiming to know what Dan's fiancee does or doesn't want. JenniferLawrenceOK.gif

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I love the people that have been commenting (not just here) that she "clearly doesn't really want to do it." The funny thing is, I sent the link to her as a joke. I didn't expect the response to be "Let's do it!". She initially wanted to do a quick and easy courthouse thing because she doesn't care about the big frilly traditional wedding. When we saw this, we saw an opportunity to avoid the traditional rigamarole and also have a really funny story to tell.

I love the people that have been commenting (not just here) that she "clearly doesn't really want to do it." The funny thing is, I sent the link to her as a joke. I didn't expect the response to be "Let's do it!". She initially wanted to do a quick and easy courthouse thing because she doesn't care about the big frilly traditional wedding. When we saw this, we saw an opportunity to avoid the traditional rigamarole and also have a really funny story to tell.

Did people take her tone in that video seriously? You both played it brilliantly, thought it was hilarious. Good luck dude!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Good luck, this would be one hell of a showstopper for the beginning of a marriage.

Top Bottom