• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I dislike this whole toned-for-aesthetics look.

Doing massive workouts without being interested in doing anything with it is a waste. At least if the person is into a diverse range of physical hobbies (mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, etc) they are using their body for something.

Are you really saying that someone who enjoys working out is wasting their time unless they deploy their new-found fitness on some functional activity outside of just being healthy? That doesn't seem to be a particularly reasonable view. It seems to necessitate that for any given person, if they want to look better for themselves or a sexual partner and do the work to get there (which will almost certainly make them healthier -- unless they're megadosing AAS or something), their time is a "waste" and they might as well be a fat slob simply because they don't also mountain bike, hike or some other such non-sense.

Surely, that time isn't a "waste" and a person pursuing the "toned-for-aesthetics look" (though I'm not sure precisely what that means -- people are toned or they aren't, whatever their reason for looking that way) can be doing something genuinely productive, especially given the by-products for their health associated with that pursuit.

I haven't seen the female team, but from what I've seen of the male team I wouldn't mind knowing more about them.

And I think a lot of that comes from people just being ignorant regarding bulky women.

Also, footballers

Footballers are the best <3

Top (?) swimmers in an ad they did. Maybe NSFW.
http://resources1.news.com.au/image...phanie-rice-and-eamon-sulliva-6894370-jpg.jpg

I'm kind of surprised about how lean they look, to be honest. Most female swimmers in particular look really triangle shaped. The male swimmers look great. The ladies... are a bit too muscley for me. Their boobs kind of get lost in the muscle.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me

http://resources1.news.com.au/image...phanie-rice-and-eamon-sulliva-6894370-jpg.jpg

I'm kind of surprised about how lean they look, to be honest. Most female swimmers in particular look really triangle shaped. The male swimmers look great. The ladies... are a bit too muscley for me. Their boobs kind of get lost in the muscle.

i dig the male swimmer type too. i like that really toned but not bulging muscles look. had a few guy friends back in high school who were on the swim team and they always looked great.

That woman looks fine. Bit of an ugly face, but nice body. He's better.

Also, it's fucking awesome to wake up early, with mild hangover, and having to do college stuff. FML.

I've got an enormous weakness to wet people shan don't do this to me.

at least tonight should be relaxed, just gonna go watch Prometheus (finally released here!). The 5th though is going to be some serious debauchery.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
There are better photos of her, but yeah, bordering a bit on butter face.

lol, that was me this morning ;.; get up on no sleep, dentist, exam, work. Urrrrggh. Good luck. Go get coffee/ greasy breakfast.

For real? Her and butterface? WHAT? She is fucking pretty!

Now, a lot of the pics Devo and others posted of muscley guys a few pages back, they're butterfaces! Especially the gladiator type guys with weird facial hair. This girl? Not at all!

For real? Her and butterface? WHAT? She is fucking pretty!

Now, a lot of the pics Devo and others posted of muscley guys a few pages back, they're butterfaces! Especially the gladiator type guys with weird facial hair. This girl? Not at all!

I meant in the other pic ><

I feel really bad now :(

Are you really saying that someone who enjoys working out is wasting their time unless they deploy their new-found fitness on some functional activity outside of just being healthy? That doesn't seem to be a particularly reasonable view. It seems to necessitate that for any given person, if they want to look better for themselves or a sexual partner and do the work to get there (which will almost certainly make them healthier -- unless they're megadosing AAS or something), their time is a "waste" and they might as well be a fat slob simply because they don't also mountain bike, hike or some other such non-sense.

Surely, that time isn't a "waste" and a person pursuing the "toned-for-aesthetics look" (though I'm not sure precisely what that means -- people are toned or they aren't, whatever their reason for looking that way) can be doing something genuinely productive, especially given the by-products for their health associated with that pursuit.

Fine, I'm not into people who's only physical hobby is the gym.

If you want to apologize with some more pics of your swimmers I don't mind though.

647052-olympic-relay-team.jpg

And the diving team is downright adorable.
I still can't get over how lean the men are compared to most to the female swimmers @_@ I don't understaaand.

Now show us some Spaniards!

Opiate

Swimmers seem to be a highly contested group: some seem to find them particularly unattractive, others find them most attractive of all.

I also find the preference for men's gymnastics and soccer interesting. Not because they are unattractive and oh-my-god-how-can-you-girls-like them, but because they are predominantly shorter men; gymnasts are well below average in height, while soccer players average about 5'8''-5'9'', which is at or below average depending on your nationality.

I'm sure there are some women here who honestly don't care about men's height (and that's great), but I also wanted to note that I've found shorter men can often look better on TV than do taller men because scale isn't as easy to keep track of. Similarly, a lot of leading men in Hollywood are shorter, but it's difficult to notice when the camera is zoomed or cropped in such a way that the differences in height aren't noticeable the way they would be in real life (i.e. "Oh, this guy is shorter than I am.")

In other words, I like the proportions of shorter men better (and I think many women do too), and TVs/pictures provide a perfect venue for that type of handsomeness -- the lack of scale makes their shortness no longer matter, and proportions become everything. All of this is conjecture, of course, and is entirely irrelevant if you happen to note care about men being short in the first place.

Swimmers seem to be a highly contested group: some seem to find them particularly unattractive, others find them most attractive of all.

I also find the preference for men's gymnastics and soccer interesting. Not because they are unattractive and oh-my-god-how-can-you-girls-like them, but because they are predominantly shorter men; gymnasts are well below average in height, while soccer players average about 5'8''-5'9'', which is at or below average depending on your nationality.

I'm sure there are some women here who honestly don't care about men's height (and that's great), but I also wanted to note that I've found shorter men can often look better on TV than do taller men because scale isn't as easy to keep track of. Similarly, a lot of leading men in Hollywood are shorter, but it's difficult to notice when the camera is zoomed or cropped in such a way that the differences in height aren't noticeable the way they would be in real life (i.e. "Oh, this guy is shorter than I am.")

In other words, I like the proportions of shorter men better (and I think many women do too), and TVs/pictures provide a perfect venue for that type of handsomeness -- the lack of scale makes their shortness no longer matter, and proportions become everything. All of this is conjecture, of course, and is entirely irrelevant if you happen to note care about men being short in the first place.
Damn, you make me want to just never step out of the house without a camera. I'm a shrimp (5'5") and I never really thought about proportions being to any advantage. I do find that there are a lot of tall guys with lanky awkwardness walking around, but hey they are still tall, they can reach that top cupboard much easier.

Kazerei

Banned
One of the nice things about swimmers is they have broad shoulders.

How about basketball players? They're tall, and nicely toned to boot.

gtVHd.jpg

Footballers, especially european footballers! YUM!

Another vote for footballers. They have the perfect bodies: lean, defined and not too bulky.

647052-olympic-relay-team.jpg

And the diving team is downright adorable.
I still can't get over how lean the men are compared to most to the female swimmers @_@ I don't understaaand.

Now show us some Spaniards!

I do have to salute your country, Shan. Your men are quite delectable. An excellent export. :)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I try to avoid medication if possible, including sleeping pills.

I have taken them in the past, because I often have trouble sleeping, but I prefer to tackle whatever is preventing me from sleeping and fix that first before running for the pills.

Masoria

Neo Member
Never tried them. Likely never will. I avoid medication unless absolutely necessary.

When I was a teenager, I couldn't sleep at night because my mind was going a mile a minute. But since having kids, I'm too tired for that. Ha.

I was thinking of making a thread but how do you guys feel about the messages sent to young kids, girls especially from fairy tales and disney movies and the like? I personally am not a fan.
I feel like they setbad expectations at an early age. I'd rather kids be taught more lessons about self-respect and common decency than "finding the one" or "and they lived happily ever after." I'm not saying children have to be subjected to grim reality right away, since fairy tales are supposed to be uplifting, but I find the overall messages repeated ad nauseam to just set the ground work for disappointment and an inability to deal with the reality of relationships and life.

I think stuff like this is way better heh but I was a twisted child
BBPpk.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Fairy tales are the least uplifting thing. I can understand your point about the Disney versions, but fairy tales in general? No.

*reads her non-existant child the story of Bluebeard*

I was thinking of making a thread but how do you guys feel about the messages sent to young kids, girls especially from fairy tales and disney movies and the like? I personally am not a fan.
I feel like they setbad expectations at an early age. I'd rather kids be taught more lessons about self-respect and common decency than "finding the one" or "and they lived happily ever after." I'm not saying children have to be subjected to grim reality right away, since fairy tales are supposed to be uplifting, but I find the overall messages repeated ad nauseam to just set the ground work for disappointment and an inability to deal with the reality of relationships and life.

I think stuff like this is way better heh but I was a twisted child
http://i.imgur.com/BBPpk.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
I felt like doing the same thing after watching [I]Brave[/I]. From what I understand, the original versions of a lot of the popular fairy tales are much, much better than the ones propagated by the Brothers Grimm and Disney. I loathe the Disney princesses.

Kazerei

Banned
I think Disney has done a good job in recent years of creating strong female characters. There's still plenty of stereotyping, but at least the Disney "princesses" aren't completely useless.

I felt like doing the same thing after watching Brave. From what I understand, the original versions of a lot of the popular fairy tales are much, much better than the ones propagated by the Brothers Grimm and Disney. I loathe the Disney princesses.

Stuff like Beauty and the Beast was a tale to make French pre-pubescent girls in the 1700s bourgeoisie feel better about marrying old ass farts when they hit 14/15/16.

Platy

Didn't saw the book ... don't think there is a version on portuguese.

I think most could be worst, but yes, the message that you only be happy if you find a perfect man is very twisted.

Bu you have to remember that disney has movies like Robin Hood where the princess Kick Ass, Mulan where the main goal of the princess is kicking ass in the name of china and Fairy tales have .. well .. non princess fairy tales =P

But yeah, Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty are the worst ofenders, i guess

I think Disney has done a good job in recent years of creating strong female characters. There's still plenty of stereotyping, but at least the Disney "princesses" aren't completely useless.
They are better, sure, but there is still a ways to go. Pixar is much better.
Stuff like Beauty and the Beast was a tale to make French pre-pubescent girls in the 1700s bourgeoisie feel better about marrying old ass farts when they hit 14/15/16.
Well, maybe not that particular one.

Top Bottom