• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

for some clothes, like leather jackets and stuff, i just try them on at the spot, so they are easy and doesnt take any time

pants are must try on, though. i hate buying pants that didnt actually fit.

and shoes are MUST TRY ON. even for boots and flatsies. cuz comfort is a must, and if the fit is bad, them shoes going to hurt later. ive bought flats that actually ate into the back of my ankle because i didnt try them out first at the shop :<

i dont have dresses though, so ... zero experience with them :3

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Speaking of shopping and dresses... I have to say, I find it difficult to shop for simple summer dresses here in Vancouver. I'm talking very casual designs such as these:

31d9c3eeb674ac9544cd17adf6268e43

casual-summer-dresses-for-women-8.jpg

2da5aea97c9add4.jpg

Now a lot of the dresses I see are either:
- Got weird big armpit opening for some reason
- Very fancy designs that won't work in casual settings
- Super loose in many key areas, therefore not able to show off one's figure
- Really terrible colour or pattern on the dress
- and so much more that I won't list

Talking to a friend of mine, he said it might be a Vancouver thing because the designs here are more "hipster" haha. He said where he's at, casual dresses seem plentiful. Darn it Vancouver :(

Leeness

Speaking of shopping and dresses... I have to say, I find it difficult to shop for simple summer dresses here in Vancouver. I'm talking very casual designs such as these:

Now a lot of the dresses I see are either:
- Got weird big armpit opening for some reason
- Very fancy designs that won't work in casual settings
- Super loose in many key areas, therefore not able to show off one's figure
- Really terrible colour or pattern on the dress
- and so much more that I won't list

Talking to a friend of mine, he said it might be a Vancouver thing because the designs here are more "hipster" haha. He said where he's at, casual dresses seem plentiful. Darn it Vancouver :(

Looool I noticed that too just casually walking by clothes stores. We're so fucking hipster.

But I would also never be caught dead in a dress, so eh.

It'll be a bit costly because no 1080m but it'll happen!

Might not be that costly. The laptop I wanted before the 1000 line was announced is less than 1000 dollars. Then again it had a 960m in it. I hope they have 1080 laptops too. Let's hope it's not, but it may be worth it. I find myself google searching "Asus GTX 1080 laptop" every other day now lol.

OMG I love those dresses. The last one is totally me and I have one similar.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Might not be that costly. The laptop I wanted before the 1000 line was announced is less than 1000 dollars. Then again it had a 960m in it. I hope they have 1080 laptops too. Let's hope it's not, but it may be worth it. I find myself google searching "Asus GTX 1080 laptop" every other day now lol.

OMG I love those dresses. The last one is totally me and I have one similar.

Yeah they're not making 1000m's so it'll be the full fledged thing which will be pricer.

Samimista

But I would also never be caught dead in a dress, so eh.

Haha, yeah; I usually don't like dresses either. xD It makes me feel weird when I wear one. Though, that last one is cute with the buttons and long sleeves.

I'm also in love with Lunafreya's dress from Kingsglaive.

Misha

Banned
Living out in the country makes Pokemon go supremely boring. All you can do is stare at an empty map

You'd think they'd be more common out here considering it's actually where wild Pokemon would live

Walked around 7 hours in the city with HD finding pokemon.

Hatched a Lapras and caught dratini, abra, staryu, slowpoke, psyduck, and a bunch of others :3

I've barely been able to play Pokemon Go. I'm in the suburbs and there's not a lot of Pokestops here. Work has a lot of Pokestops and Lure places but I'm mostly working. :(

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I can totally play it but I haven't left my apartment in 4 days since I started playing it 3 days ago so I just have a Squirtle and 3 Rattatas.

I can totally play it but I haven't left my apartment in 4 days since I started playing it 3 days ago so I just have a Squirtle and 3 Rattatas.

I can't find any Pokemon where I live. People are reporting getting Pokemon while they're in the bathroom and stuff while they're letting waste out and I feel so left out!

iirate

Nope. Eevee's evolution is random. You feed it 25 Eevee candies and then you get one of the three evolutions.

I haven't been able to test this yet(I still need to catch 3 more Eevee to evolve one), but Eevee's evolution is actually supposed to be based on the second move that it knows. Dig = Flareon, Swift = Vaporeon, Body Slam = Jolteon

Kinsei

Banned
I haven't been able to test this yet(I still need to catch 3 more Eevee to evolve one), but Eevee's evolution is actually supposed to be based on the second move that it knows. Dig = Flareon, Swift = Vaporeon, Body Slam = Jolteon

It's not. My second Vaporeon came from an Eevee with Dig as it's second move.

There isn't many pokemon near our apartment but we have been venturing out every single day to different neighborhoods to catch pokemon.

its been really nice because its like hiking mixed with dating mixed with spontaneous adventuring :)

Pau

So THAT explains the salt you replied to me with. :p
Yup. :p

Living out in the country makes Pokemon go supremely boring. All you can do is stare at an empty map

You'd think they'd be more common out here considering it's actually where wild Pokemon would live
Come visit me in Oakland. There's a bunch of PokeStops and gyms.

You don't just catch an Eevee and use a Thunderstone?

I no almost nothing about it. I'm an old bitty and still have a flip phone.
Need to catch seven Eevee before I can even try to evolve it and then it's a 1/3 chance of getting Jolteon.

gaiages

Banned
I'd totally just walk around but Texas Summer. RIP

I know your pain. FL heat here -_-

I ran out of Pokeballs, too. I get a decent amount of Pokemon around my house, but the nearest Pokestop is a half mile away at a playground, so I don't wanna sit around there and look like a creepy pedo lol

Just read an article from March about a Bristol firm introducing a period policy for female staff that'd allow women in the firm to take time off for period pain. That's got to be one of the most stupid policies I've ever read. Nothing would turn an employer off of hiring a woman more than the possibility of having to give her paid leave every month and having to hire more people to cover for her during that period of time, factor in possible pregnancy leave and that's a lot of fucking paid leave for women! That sort of preferential treatment is ass backwards! I work at a gym and I work through the pain.

Tell me about it.

This heat and humidity?

Pros:

I'm horny as hell
It's better than the endless rain earlier this year

Cons:

It's hot as fuck

Thankfully ample water and a juicy piece of fruit alleves most of the cons.

That said I'd rather live here than in a place where it snows every year. I prefer the heat. :)

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me

Same here lol. I have around 30 pokemon but I caught all of them either sitting at my desk at work or sitting on my couch at home... lucky for me I live right on top of a pokestop so I can just keep cashing in on it all day and have like 350 pokeballs now... but not using them really, haha

iirate

It's not. My second Vaporeon came from an Eevee with Dig as it's second move.

=(

That really sucks. Vaporeon is my favorite pokemon, so I hope I get lucky(or find one in the wild).

Tell me about it.

This heat and humidity?

Pros:

I'm horny as hell
It's better than the endless rain earlier this year

Cons:

It's hot as fuck

Thankfully ample water and a juicy piece of fruit alleves most of the cons.

That said I'd rather live here than in a place where it snows every year. I prefer the heat. :)

I went out in the morning while it was still cloudy so it wasn't as bad. There is no way that I will go out now.

I used to really dig Texas summers(at least when it's not humid as fuck), but that has not been the case this year or the last.

Mine all suck though :( really low level. One guy controls a gym near my house with a 1200 cp vaporeon. I was like damn, lol. The game's not even out here officially yet...

My best catch has been a Kadabra with 128 cp.

Im sitting with a 1009cp lapras as my highest. My others range from 800 something to 500 something then a bunch of babies around 100<

I'm level 13 tho so it shows that ive been grinding quite a bit >.>

Kinsei

Banned
Im sitting with a 1009cp lapras as my highest. My others range from 800 something to 500 something then a bunch of babies around 100<

I'm level 13 tho so it shows that ive been grinding quite a bit >.>

Lucky. I've seen every Pokemon that lives in the water around here except Lapras.

Kisaya

I didn't sign up for Pokemon Go cuz "Kisaya" was taken &#128528;

I'm okay with not playing it. I know it'll drain my data and battery life &#128534;

Top Bottom