• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 |OT| Feed me Seymour!

Aizo

Banned
I tried to find this in Bic Camera today, but I didn't see it anywhere. Is it still on sale?
ge02.png

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I tried to find this in Bic Camera today, but I didn't see it anywhere. Is it still on sale?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00F9VKF82/

Always check amazon first lol. Seriously though, if you got the means, usually helps. Saves one from wasting time and money wandering around on foot.

Personally with that design of the case would have been far cooler with the fenrir logo or hell even just the God Eater 2 title. The Marduk image on there makes it look kinda "nope" to me personally. Wanted a new case too for the GE 2 vita... D:

Aizo

Banned
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00F9VKF82/

Always check amazon first lol. Seriously though, if you got the means, usually helps. Saves one from wasting time and money wandering around on foot.

Personally with that design of the case would have been far cooler with the fenrir logo or hell even just the God Eater 2 title. The Marduk image on there makes it look kinda "nope" to me personally. Wanted a new case too for the GE 2 vita... D:

I thought it was supposed to be ¥3,280, not ¥4,970. I'm out!

Parakeetman

I thought it was supposed to be ¥3,280, not ¥4,970. I'm out!

Its those marketplace hyenas screwing with the prices as usual. If it was the amazon price am sure it would be closer to the SRP.

Just did a quick search for you, seems to be sold out at most major places who do online retail unfortunately.

Until Hori does a resupply to the retailers might be stuck with those assholes at amazon marketplace.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wow, the story really picks up during chapter
And the crazy multi-monsters missions, which are actually hard? Yep, here as well.

I would be very grateful if someone could recommend me a good bullet editing guide, since I have no idea what I'm doing other than adding a secondary effect. It doesn't seem to be worth it, so I'm guessing there's something more to it.
I'd check out GE:B guides, but I have no idea how the system changed between the two games.

Edit:
Yay, just got the gold trophy for 50 SSS rank missions.

Edit2:
I guess I'm done for the weekend. Reached rank 5 in the story and now a ton of new character episode chapters popped up. Upgraded all my stuff to the rank 5 versions which boosted my stats a bit.
A really fun game, although there's hasn't been much of a challenge so far other than fighting a few big monsters in tight spaces when you can't see a thing. Anything else can be done with a few hp recovery items.
Z2akGqm.jpg

Parakeetman

Wow, the story really picks up during chapter
And the crazy multi-monsters missions, which are actually hard? Yep, here as well.

I would be very grateful if someone could recommend me a good bullet editing guide, since I have no idea what I'm doing other than adding a secondary effect. It doesn't seem to be worth it, so I'm guessing there's something more to it.
I'd check out GE:B guides, but I have no idea how the system changed between the two games.

Edit:
Yay, just got the gold trophy for 50 SSS rank missions.

Edit2:
I guess I'm done for the weekend. Reached rank 5 in the story and now a ton of new character episode chapters popped up. Upgraded all my stuff to the rank 5 versions which boosted my stats a bit.
A really fun game, although there's hasn't been much of a challenge so far other than fighting a few big monsters in tight spaces when you can't see a thing. Anything else can be done with a few hp recovery items.
Z2akGqm.jpg

You should just use the previous guides, as its pretty similar. Not sure yet if there will be new functions for the bullets yet as have not advanced far enough at this point in time.

Main difference is you have to consider what weapon type you are using when you create the bullets. Since there are compatible and non-compatible types depending on the gun type selected.

Parakeetman

Update for those who have not gotten the game yet. Sorry its a few days late as did not check the main HP again till today.

Right now the JP PSN is offering a special limited offer from
November 14 - 20 (Japan time)

Where the PSN Download version of God Eater 2 will contain both the Pre-Order Bonus DLC and the First Print Edition DLC.

Limited time offer once again so if you wanted to get the game and wanted the pre-order / first print DLC this is the time to do it!

Also updated the Aragami section with the 3 types that were added to the main HP.

Parakeetman

My copy is in the post office! Guess I better create that JP PSN account now.

Glad to hear! Hope you enjoy the game!

Im digging all of the little side story missions nice seeing more story content and the fact that it actually adds something useful for yourself or that character in particular

Ken

Glad to hear! Hope you enjoy the game!

Im digging all of the little side story missions nice seeing more story content and the fact that it actually adds something useful for yourself or that character in particular

Do you know when these costume code cards expire? I can't find my spare memory card so I'll have to go out and get one laterrr.

I decided to stop doing the story stuff for a while and just focus on character episodes so I can boost my AI partners.

Ciel spoilers:
lol that last bit when she hugs you and you have the three options. I kept choosing "..." and she just hugged me indefinitely from different camera angles. Perfect.

Parakeetman

I decided to stop doing the story stuff for a while and just focus on character episodes so I can boost my AI partners.

Ciel spoilers:
lol that last bit when she hugs you and you have the three options. I kept choosing "..." and she just hugged me indefinitely from different camera angles. Perfect.

:D

These character episodes are great. Really ads a nice break to the game with the extra story content.

I wonder if the devs plan to do more within the DLC?

Parakeetman

Do you know when these costume code cards expire? I can't find my spare memory card so I'll have to go out and get one laterrr.

Just looked at the back of the cards and didnt see any exp date on them which is odd. Im guessing they expect it to be up for a while. Or eventually will just become free DLC hence why they will be never taking it down I suppose? Though dont quote me on the last part.

Anyways yeah no visible EXP day as far as I can see.

I just wanted to compliment the awesome title. That is all.

Thanks!

I want some opinions.

How are the characters compared to GE1/Burst, and are there more or less character moments in the game?

First game kinda spread itself too thin when it came to the characters, except the Burst arc when the MC really took centre stage.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
K, maybe para can answer me this but on the new vita 2000 is it possible to switch the confirm and cancel buttons? I know this is how it is in JP and I'm used to it but I was wondering if this option is available. If not, w/e.

Zephyx

Ciel spoilers:

How good is it? Would you recommend it?

Parakeetman

K, maybe para can answer me this but on the new vita 2000 is it possible to switch the confirm and cancel buttons? I know this is how it is in JP and I'm used to it but I was wondering if this option is available. If not, w/e.

Unfortunately not. Do believe its programmed into the hardware. Similar to the JP PS3s. The only thing that can "fix" it is if a developer directly intervenes with their own code and over writes the hardwares desire to switch the two around.

Its why reverse import games have issues at times. For example RDR and Sleeping Dogs I got screwed on some events due to X being cancel instead of select and O being select when it should have been cancel. Other games do have it overwritten so X and O does not get swapped.

But back on topic once again unfortunately no way to fix that yourself as the end user.

I want some opinions.

How are the characters compared to GE1/Burst, and are there more or less character moments in the game?

First game kinda spread itself too thin when it came to the characters, except the Burst arc when the MC really took centre stage.

The sub stories really do add a lot to the characters. If anything Id have to say its more than GE1/Burst.

Will have to see how it continues as we all here progress further through the story. But so far its been quite good.

How good is it? Would you recommend it?

While I know you asked Ryouga this directly, will also toss an answer in there.

If you were fan of the series then yes I highly suggest picking up this title.

Though on the separate side dont expect too many new maps to mess around in right away. Which I had personally found disappointing, though understandable too considering they still were supporting the PSP and couldnt go too all out with pushing things further yet. Though more map variation from the start and less of the ones from before would have been appreciated.

Game plays well and the new mechanics are a welcome addition. Combat move set has also been greatly improved. The Blood Arts system adds variety to the combat also and folks will pick things that reflect their own most used moves / playstyle.

kayos90

Alright. Just wondering this but I know that there is DLC available for the game. Right now I have my JP PSN account on my Vita internal and US PSN account on a memory card. Is it possible to have the DLC stuff available so I can save and have trophies on my US PSN account? I want to play on my US account but I'm not sure how this entire process would work.

Parakeetman

Alright. Just wondering this but I know that there is DLC available for the game. Right now I have my JP PSN account on my Vita internal and US PSN account on a memory card. Is it possible to have the DLC stuff available so I can save and have trophies on my US PSN account? I want to play on my US account but I'm not sure how this entire process would work.

Unfortunately I do believe the DLC would be tied to your account, therefore just trying to copy the data over might not work. Though dont quote me on that as have not tried it. But from the thought of how downloadable content data usually works, its account tied to prevent folks from copying it to other accounts.

Try give it a little time and hopefully someone who has tried this with a different game for example will come in and answer.

Right now though at least the DLC content that is available is just all cosmetic so will not effect your trophies currently.

Also the other bit with other DLC content in the future is we would be unsure yet if all DLC content will reach the US therefore if said content will have trophies attached to them will have to be something that we will need to just wait and see.

Zephyx

While I know you asked Ryouga this directly, will also toss an answer in there.

If you were fan of the series then yes I highly suggest picking up this title.

Though on the separate side dont expect too many new maps to mess around in right away. Which I had personally found disappointing, though understandable too considering they still were supporting the PSP and couldnt go too all out with pushing things further yet. Though more map variation from the start and less of the ones from before would have been appreciated.

Game plays well and the new mechanics are a welcome addition. Combat move set has also been greatly improved. The Blood Arts system adds variety to the combat also and folks will pick things that reflect their own most used moves / playstyle.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm a fan of GEB on the PSP so I really hope this is a good sequel. Hopefully, there are a lot more monster varieties in this than the first one. Now, to wait for an English localization whenever that comes... :(

I wish I can read Japanese :(

Parakeetman

Thanks for the feedback! I'm a fan of GEB on the PSP so I really hope this is a good sequel. Hopefully, there are a lot more monster varieties in this than the first one. Now, to wait for an English localization whenever that comes... :(

I wish I can read Japanese :(

Im pretty sure theres a PSP demo too for the game so you could use a JP PSN account and get it to try the game for yourself to see if you will like it. The demo is fairly robust and gives a fair impression of the game itself for the most part. Some things have changed slightly with the update patch, but for the most part what you see in the demo reflects the full game itself.

Also if there is anything in particular that you would like to see let me know and if its possible can accommodate with recording footage / throwing it up onto YT.

Parakeetman

Sucks to hear lack of new areas... Kind of expected this when we kept on seeing the old ones.

There are new areas and the older ones have had some small tweaks made to them helping with connectivity, but its a bit of a letdown we did not get more fresh ones from the start.

Once I beat the game plan on counting how many maps total and such.

Another thing is I seriously hope they patch the friendly AI. As its weird as to why its worse than GEB... Its not like totally stupid or anything, just that there are odd pathing issues among other things.

They went in the right direction with combat and features, just that I think it was held back slightly on some areas due to having to develop for the PSP also and get both working together.

Im a huge PSP fan but this was an unfortunate side effect of the decision to go both / cross play which is awesome though.

Hopefully in GE3 will be VITA only and they can do more technical / design advances to the maps and monsters.

kayos90

I'm in the outfits section but I don't see my fenrir outfit even though i installed it. Anyone know how to activate it? Is it like Tales?

cyborg009

Banned
There are new areas and the older ones have had some small tweaks made to them helping with connectivity, but its a bit of a letdown we did not get more fresh ones from the start.

Once I beat the game plan on counting how many maps total and such.

Another thing is I seriously hope they patch the friendly AI. As its weird as to why its worse than GEB... Its not like totally stupid or anything, just that there are odd pathing issues among other things.

They went in the right direction with combat and features, just that I think it was held back slightly on some areas due to having to develop for the PSP also and get both working together.

Im a huge PSP fan but this was an unfortunate side effect of the decision to go both / cross play which is awesome though.

Hopefully in GE3 will be VITA only and they can do more technical / design advances to the maps and monsters.

lol how did they mess something up that was already perfect. And does the map with the church and giant holes in the buildings still have that weird dust filter?

Man, I don't doubt the people saying the Ai is worse, but I'm grateful I haven't run into any problems.

In Burst, my guys were dying all over the goddamn place. GE2? They've only ever died once or twice total.

Parakeetman

Man, I don't doubt the people saying the Ai is worse, but I'm grateful I haven't run into any problems.

In Burst, my guys were dying all over the goddamn place. GE2? They've only ever died once or twice total.

Its more things like them getting stuck in areas when it comes to pathing and not showing up. Or getting stuck on eachother as they run to a destination, out right ignore the enemy etc.

Its kind of odd since before for the most part they were pretty autonomous and you didnt need to constantly give them commands. This time if you dont give them commands they are not as efficient. Even then smaller problems can occur.

You are right though they dont seem to die as much. I think it has to do also with how the game so far is not as difficult as the previous title. Though I wonder if they reduced damage the NPCs take? Since its not like they exactly block and dodge efficiently lol

Overall its smaller things that stand out would be the short of it.

---

In terms of enemy AI the enemy seems to always bail out on a fight a lot faster than they did in Burst. But perhaps thats just due to them having less life than in Burst so it sets off the AI flag to retreat to a position to "eat". Though it really makes the game easier since you get so many free hits when that happens.

lol how did they mess something up that was already perfect. And does the map with the church and giant holes in the buildings still have that weird dust filter?

You know Ill have to check on that. One thing thats nice is the collapsed part of the midsection of the church is out of the way so you dont have to run all the way around to the other side. The what looked like some sort of water treatment facility also has an opening in the rear to the other side. Small things like that to the old maps. The others so far seem the same, for that snow map with the temple at the top and the bridge / aircraft carrier one.

---

Just had an odd bug where voice vanished for part of Canons 2nd sub story quest. It happened when
you come back from the mission and are talking to Rika.
odd no voice for that one section, but when advancing to the next it played ok. Anyone else had this?

Parakeetman

I wonder if all of these pre-order / first print DLC will be released to the public eventually in a future pack?

Parakeetman

Has anyone come across any videos showing off the clothing customization?

Ill tell you this the guys clothing are horrible for the most part.

Dont have a female character thats advanced in the story to show off what they got.

Uploading videos scrolling through which outfit top / bottoms I have for the male player character. Might take a bit before I update with them here.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
( ´_ゝ`) Think I'm definitely going to shop elsewhere next time. Fedex 2-day isn't worth much when the shop takes a week to process the order.

Was watching a stream and some guys female character was wearing a bikini
Tell me more (´・ω`・)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
( ´_ゝ`) Think I'm definitely going to shop elsewhere next time. Fedex 2-day isn't worth much when the shop takes a week to process the order.

Tell me more (´・ω`・)

Yeah, Nippon-Yasan is kinda slow with processing.

Here's an archive of the stream. I think they were doing only the free missions, but I'm not entirely sure. (Don't wanna look through the whole archive lol)

Ken

character customization and creation in this game is great

so much more waifu than monhun4's character creation. some animations are a little rough though D:

Parakeetman

Just curious, but how does the game compare to Toukiden and Soul Sacrifice?

Its a little different than the two. But Id say closer to Toukiden, than SS. What makes this game unique so to speak is the fact that you have access both to ranged and melee attacks with how your main weapon can switch between the two forms. Then to make things a bit more complex you can edit your bullets to do a bunch of different things depending on how creative you are. Though it takes a bit of messing around and need to be advanced more in the story to have all the various functions unlocked.

KuroNeeko try get the demo from JP PSN its still up there and try it out. Theres a lot in the demo plus the data will carry over to the full game if you do like it.

Also check out the first page the videos to give you a general idea of how it looks gameplay wise.

If you have specific questions please dont hesitate to ask and all of us here would be more than happy to answer to the best of our abilities!

Parakeetman

I like this

Saw this the other day http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22260227

Also looks like the 3 chapters demo will be out on the 21st
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201311200052/

Wow thats faster than I expected, since literally tomorrow. They seriously are going balls to the wall with the marketing of this game. Good too shows that they are confident in the product with how much the demo shows. The first one was already jam packed as is with content! Good news for all of those fence sitters most def.

Thanks for the update perorist!

lol wtf happened in that video? I wonder if that is legit? hilarious though, reminds me of that skyrim vid with the guy shooting the arrow in the air and it kills that prophet after perfectly landing on his head.

Top Bottom