• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 |OT| Feed me Seymour!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I don't think it is, didn't
Yuu get sent off on another assignment far away?

thats what they say, but at the same time Kigurimi arrives out of nowhere and just began to hang around the base. So (its) pretty open ended too with possibilities. Would be hilarious if it really is the player character though.

Dr. Buni

If by you mean co-op play and what not sure its similar. That and well hunting action I suppose. Though the action is a lot more fast paced than Monster Hunter. If you like the genre am sure you might enjoy this one. Plus unlike monster hunter the God Eater series has an actual story.

Watch the videos, since those would give you an idea of what the game is about.
Alright. Thanks!

Parakeetman

Alright. Thanks!

Oh yeah forgot to mention if you have a Japanese PSN account there is a new demo that has been released too which should give you an excellent idea of what to expect from the game itself. Plus the data will carry over too for if you do decide to pick up the JP version.

So tempted to pick this up for my Vita TV... but concerned that my lowly understanding of Japanese will make it a grind... is it bearable to soldier on with, or should I sit on my hands for a release on Western shores?

Dr. Buni

Oh yeah forgot to mention if you have a Japanese PSN account there is a new demo that has been released too which should give you an excellent idea of what to expect from the game itself. Plus the data will carry over too for if you do decide to pick up the JP version.
Yeah, guess I will give the demo a try, as soon as pick my Vita. Thanks for helping.

Ken

So I was devouring plus getting link-bursts or whatever and then my gun mode gets 2 new options that are lit up in red. R+Triangle link-bursts to allies, but what does just pressing Triangle do? It shoots something but no matter the enemy it always seems to be the same. Also does devouring just add gunner moves? I've never gotten a melee move yet.

Oh yeah, and sometimes it will say on the bottom center screen under the level bar R+Square in gunner mode. What does that do?

So I was devouring plus getting link-bursts or whatever and then my gun mode gets 2 new options that are lit up in red. R+Triangle link-bursts to allies, but what does just pressing Triangle do? It shoots something but no matter the enemy it always seems to be the same. Also does devouring just add gunner moves? I've never gotten a melee move yet.

Oh yeah, and sometimes it will say on the bottom center screen under the level bar R+Square in gunner mode. What does that do?

Pressing triangle uses the attack of the monster that you just consumed from your gun, while R+square under the link burst bar comes up when your team mates link burst you.

R+square uses the attack that your teammates give to you from the monster they consumed.

I think that's about right !

Parakeetman

Yeah devouring just adds a special ranged attack. There are no real melee types. Unless you count the floating energy balls that you need to ram into the enemy yourself melee haha.

As the poster above me said, pressing triangle will just fire the shot yourself. Passing it to an ally gives them a slightly stronger than the just pressing triangle shot.

A shot passed to an ally will get the most damage out of it if they are up to burst level 3.

Yeah, guess I will give the demo a try, as soon as pick my Vita. Thanks for helping.

Do you have a PSP? If so there is also a GE2 demo for the PSP I do believe. Granted it wont look as nice it still will play exactly the same if you dont want to wait for getting your vita first haha

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just finished the story mode. While the story itself was nothing special, soloing everything is much more fun than MH4 imo.

Dr. Buni

Do you have a PSP? If so there is also a GE2 demo for the PSP I do believe. Granted it wont look as nice it still will play exactly the same if you dont want to wait for getting your vita first haha
Nope, I don't. Actually, one of the reasons for me buying a Vita is the fantastic PSP library, which I never had the chance to experiment. But still, if the gameplay is similar to Monster Hunter, I will most likely enjoy it, although I am not so sure about the anime aspect of the series... Then again, I am a Persona fan, so I shouldn't worry about that :p

Itsuki

I'm playing the second demo and here's my opinion:
I feel that the game is more easier than the first one (currently, I'm rank 2) and the blood arts are great. I already have "SSS" rank on most of the missions that I have done. The AI is better than the first game.
One of the things about the story that I like are the character episodes. I feel that the characters doesn't treat the main character like on the first game. On the first game I saw that everyone was with the character like "You're the heroe. We love you!.".
And the music is so good. Go Shiina has done a very good job.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Waha, finally got this in. Made my character with that crazy #19 banchou voice

M8pzn8M.jpg

∧_∧∩
    ( ゚∀゚)彡 褐色!褐色!
   ⊂ ⊂彡
    (つ ノ
     (ノ

Just started but I see now that you like hungry characters parakeetman

Parakeetman

With the blank expression my character has on his face most of the time I just realized if he had a monocle instead he would look kinda like Isaburo Sasaki from Gintama lol minus the darker skin tone of my character.

0c43f018fc1db476bfc2d9a1f3e4efc31364406700_full.png

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Lol, Emil's third character episode. Had a good laugh
when he was sent flying after the punch.

Kincaido

Just finished the main scenario. I enjoyed it for the most part. Pretty disappointed that
the scene where your character actually talks isn't in the archives.

My character at the end of the game.

On to the post game stuff. Also, gonna create a female character and go through it again while I wait for the DLC.

I'm playing the second demo and here's my opinion:
I feel that the game is more easier than the first one (currently, I'm rank 2) and the blood arts are great. I already have "SSS" rank on most of the missions that I have done. The AI is better than the first game.
One of the things about the story that I like are the character episodes. I feel that the characters doesn't treat the main character like on the first game. On the first game I saw that everyone was with the character like "You're the heroe. We love you!.".
And the music is so good. Go Shiina has done a very good job.

I tried it out last night and it seems easier to me too.
I have to check the old demo, but i also think they improved and added quite a few textures and also made it native res?
It looks crisper than i remember in gameplay now (was always native for cutscenes i think).
Also though i noticed some texture change issues which i don't think were there before.
Still plays great though and it's awesome they put out a bigger demo!
I'm still hoping for a localisation and the demo helps pass the time. If there's still no word in a few months i'll just continue with the JP version.

Jigolo

No info on English release is a huge bummer.
Do I have to pay god eater 1 or are the stories not connected in any way?

Itsuki

As far as I can see. You don't need to play the first game. But it's recomended to know more about the characters from the first game.

Parakeetman

Its connected in the sense of the world. Plus you see a lot of the cast from the first game including the old base which the other hero from the previous game was stationed out of.

You dont have to play the original, but as with any game with a connecting story, if you want to enjoy it more sure Id suggest playing it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Easiest way to level up Blood Arts? I'm using them and doing things that show the + on the bottom left but it's still taking a long while.

Easiest way to level up Blood Arts? I'm using them and doing things that show the + on the bottom left but it's still taking a long while.

Leveling up is slow in general the further you progress into the blood arts tree. I've noticed that the higher rank monsters you fight, you get a little bit more + from usage.

Easiest way I would say is to progress through the story while focusing on maxing what you want and by the time you finish the story I assume you would have maxed out at least 1 or 2.

I'm trying to get the final CC Breaker of the Buster blade, and even then it's going up at 1-2% after each mission in Chapter
even though it was the only move I used throughout the mission.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Using the same Blood Art through the story and doing free missions will make you max it right around the end of the game, at least that's how it was for me. I wouldn't count on 2.
And yeah, higher level monsters will make the progress much faster.

kayos90

Just finished the main scenario. I enjoyed it for the most part. Pretty disappointed that
the scene where your character actually talks isn't in the archives.

My character at the end of the game.

On to the post game stuff. Also, gonna create a female character and go through it again while I wait for the DLC.

Holy shit how'd you beat the game already when you got it after me. Lots of free time, eh? How long did it take?

Kincaido

Holy shit how'd you beat the game already when you got it after me. Lots of free time, eh? How long did it take?

Yeah, I have a lot of free time lol. Took about 35 hours with all the character episodes done that were available up to that point.

Easiest way to awaken Blood Arts is to do them on missions with rank as high as possible. Don't farm on low level mission. It'll take a LOOOOOONG ass time. It took me some 30 hours to max out all Blood Arts in the first demo, IIRC. If you played the demo, then you know how few those are.

High Difficulty missions give more (1.35x).

Double ^ (which is usually Critical) gives you 1.2x more awakening than the single ^.
Triple ^ gives 5 times more than single.

3Kaze

Is that a GE2 shotglass?

Yeah.

Put 11 hours into the game, and it's pretty fun. But it's indeed easier than GE Burst. Destroying Aragami parts require no efforts and some blood arts are broken. Graphics are really good for an enhanced psp game, I love how everything look sharp. And of course, the best thing coming from the game is Go Shiina's amazing soundtrack.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just a heads up, there's quite a lot of story after the credits. I'm still on Rank 7 and some of the missions take really long time now.

Bury

Neo Member
I'm kinda lazy to look through all the pages but I'm wondering, what does having previous save data of the original GEB do to GE2? also, give it to me straight. Does your main character that you customized in the previous game appear at any one point in the story? I need to know my heart can't take it no more ;_;

I'm kinda lazy to look through all the pages but I'm wondering, what does having previous save data of the original GEB do to GE2? also, give it to me straight. Does your main character that you customized in the previous game appear at any one point in the story? I need to know my heart can't take it no more ;_;

Transferring GEB data to GE2 allows you to transfer over equipment. However the amount of equipment that you can transfer relates to how many of the tiers you've cleared.

http://godeater.wikia.com/wiki/Data_Importation

That lists the tiers and the main things about the data transfer.

There are Tiers A to L, and clearing a specific number of Tiers gives you item bonuses.

kayos90

Loving the game but I really do dislike how slow it is to level up Blood Arts. Maybe it's because I don't see the pacing of progression in the grand scheme of things. Eh... Still love the game to death.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
My current character:
4p74wsc.jpg

3 character episodes and 2 story quest ranks left. Aside from the stuff you can play in multiplayer, of course.

Itsuki

Demo finished, this is how my character looks like:
RlbtSZo.jpg

I'm going to do the missions that I still haven't do and obtain materials to get better equipment while I wait for my copy to arrive.

Kincaido

Decided to switch to long blade for a change of pace and since I liked it in Burst. Zero stance is so good. I really do wish that the game let you switch weapon skins. I have Bloodsurge equipped but I want to keep using my Avenger lol.

My current character, though I immediately upgraded my equipment after taking this shot.

BZ1nZZ9CcAE86NM.jpg:large

Currently grinding at giant wolf mc wolfums to get his weapon and shield set.

Parakeetman

what's blood art? I think i unlocked it but i can't figure out what it is

You need to equip it in your status menu from the terminal.

Its basically a powered up version of a particular move. These gain "experience" when you complete missions and when it reaches 100% you have a new skill unlocked. They are broken down into the different move categories that you can do with the various weapon types.

Loving the game but I really do dislike how slow it is to level up Blood Arts. Maybe it's because I don't see the pacing of progression in the grand scheme of things. Eh... Still love the game to death.

With how easy the game is, it would be pretty broken if the higher level skills unlocked faster. Since yeah some of the skills really make things a lot easier haha

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprisingly liking Ciel's character, they chose a really fitting voice actress

Do dashes in this game have a moment of invincibility?

The マガツキュウビ and it's friends at the end of Chapter 10 is freaking hard. Stuck there at the moment until I grind some Rank 9 and 10 gear.

Parakeetman

Oh man, Haru's character episodes are so good

Are there eventually skills for extending the duration?

Im not sure about the duration of the invul. but distance there is I believe. Ok must have misread something. I checked a JP wiki there is no distance increase but "Step Master" decreases amount of stamina used by -25 percent. I could have sworn I saw one that increases distance though...

Ok found it. Fucking wikis the data is all over the place so had to search several. The skill is called

Step Distance Up ステップ距離↑

Though am unsure how it effects the invul time as have never used it myself yet.

Whats nice is this game actually shows you all of what the skills do in the database.

Been busy with family stuff so have not played at all this last week. D:

Top Bottom