• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
NeoUltima said:
My email:
"How to Use Your Apollo in-game skin* Code:
Step 1: Go to http://www.godofwar.com/skins/
Step 2: Enter the code found above
Step 3: Enter your PSN Id and Password.

When the Character Skin is available at launch, PSN will email you the Promotion Code to the e-mail address you provided when registering your PlayStation Network account. The email will include instructions on how to download and install the Character Skin via PSN account management to your PS3 system."

Weird.

That is weird. I never got an email like that.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Net_Wrecker said:
Wait a minute WHAT? I haven't checked since I finished it, but is there seriously no NG+? That sucks big time.

You can use the godly possession with a new game just not the weapons unfortunately.

DihcarEM

I think game+ wasn't included because certain parts of the game are closed off, gameplay and storywise, having all weapons means you can bypass a lot.

neojubei said:
You can use the godly possession with a new game just not the weapons unfortunately.
DihcarEM said:
I think game+ wasn't included because certain parts of the game are closed off, gameplay and storywise, having all weapons means you can bypass a lot.
Cruzader said:
You can level up everything easily...no need for NG+ to do that.

I like NG+ because it's interesting going through the game again with all the weapons/upgrades from the outset. It's also interesting to see how you can break the game with everything maxed out, etc. etc. I guess the Goldy Possessions do that a little bit, but I would've loved using some of the other weapons in the early fights. Sigh...oh well

DihcarEM

Net_Wrecker said:
I like NG+ because it's interesting going through the game again with all the weapons/upgrades from the outset. It's also interesting to see how you can break the game with everything maxed out, etc. etc. I guess the Goldy Possessions do that a little bit, but I would've loved using some of the other weapons in the early fights. Sigh...oh well

Yeah, i get that. But i did start a new game on hard with all my godly possessions and some of them really make it super easy. With
Hermes's coin you get 10x the amount of red orbs, you can fully upgrade everything once you get the weapon.
. In the end i just got so bored with how easy it was, i started a new game on chaos.

ShinAmano

Can you find the
godly relics
on a second play through when you have an alternate outfit or one of the
godly relics
on?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
NeoUltima said:
If you have a code Amazon(or w/e) gave you to enter on the GoW site, just use that code on the PS store. Worked for me.
Not working for me :/

Anyone have a website or email to send for help on pre order code? godofwar.com/skins links me to a support sony site which links me to the godofwar.com/skins website

DihcarEM

ShinAmano said:
Can you find the
godly relics
on a second play through when you have an alternate outfit or one of the
godly relics
on?

I think so yes, just the trophies are disabled.

Just completed this :D

Took me just over 10 hours, got 48% of the trophies or something on normal first playthrough.

Played it on and off over the last few days with the GF. Titan mode :lol I died enough on normal.

Loved the ending!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
DihcarEM said:

They still should've let you start with the main four weapons, I don't think it would be hard to make the weapons not effect stuff like onyx until you legitimately "get" them again.

jmd494

About half-way through on Titan mode. I love the game but boy oh boy did Kratos fall apart as a character.

God of War I/II - Kratos was a badass with fleshed out motivations (more so in I than II, but II was good too).

God of War III - Kratos is just a jerk (who now also likes to be sarcastic). He literally just
kills everyone he comes across. Even people who aren't in his way at all.
And his voice acting seems worse than in I/II.

Fortunately, the improvements to the gameplay/boss battles make up for this IMO.

Leatherface

Justin Dailey said:
About half-way through on Titan mode. I love the game but boy oh boy did Kratos fall apart as a character.

God of War I/II - Kratos was a badass with fleshed out motivations (more so in I than II, but II was good too).

God of War III - Kratos is just a jerk (who now also likes to be sarcastic). He literally just
kills everyone he comes across. Even people who aren't in his way at all.
And his voice acting seems worse than in I/II.

Fortunately, the improvements to the gameplay/boss battles make up for this IMO.

Why does everyone give a crap about this so much? :\ ?

Just killed Hercules
. Definitely enjoying the game but it seems like there may be some questionable pacing here and there. I'll reserve judgment until I finish. Going to go back and play more after dinner.

jmd494

Leatherface said:
Because, to me, it was actually really good in GoW I (maybe that's just rose-tinted glasses because I played GoW I when I was still in high school when GoW I came out. But to me, the story/Kratos as a character was a big piece of the puzzle that made me like GoW I (despite the fact that many people crap all over the story and/or Kratos).

JB1981

Man, this game really starts to come into its own when you fight
Hercules.

The combat really is better and more varied than ever and the
boots of Hermes are awesome
- I kind of wish there was more you could do with them. Like traverse the enviornment more.
- I just defeated
Hercules.
Can someone tell me how far into the game I am. I don't want this game to ever end. Please don't tell me I'm close.

kinggroin

Banned
JB1981 said:
Hercules.

- I kind of wish there was more you could do with them. Like traverse the enviornment more.
- I just defeated
Hercules.
Can someone tell me how far into the game I am. I don't want this game to ever end. Please don't tell me I'm close.

a tad over half way

ZeroRay

JB1981 said:
Hercules.

- I just defeated
Hercules.

60%

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Question: Has anyone received a PSN code from Sony after entering their promotional code at the godofwar.com/skins site? It's been, like, a week now, and I got nothin'.

Why make us jump through these hoops? Why not just distribute regular PSN codes?

JB1981

Awesome to hear. Actually let me rephrase where I am ...
I just got to Hephaestus (sp?) the second time and we talked about how Aphrodite and his daughter Pandora ... that's where I am .. should have posted that earlier.
- How much more do I have from this point?

Ballistictiger said:
This goes with every sequel. This kind of thing happens when people let the hype drive them. I a GOW fan loved the third installment as I love the first 2.

It's my least favorite of the three, but that isn't saying much as I loved the first two. However, it's still a great game and I think it suffers from being pigeon holed into a story by GOW II. I knew going in there were going to have a tough time with the story in III and they did the best they could. If you think about God of war 1 is really the only one in the series where the story makes complete sense and really leaves a completely fulfilling ending. And you can tell it was not originally designed as a trilogy. The combat was the best in the series and while the puzzles were not nearly as intricate or deep as before, I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.

The Chef

Leatherface said:

People are a bunch of pussys thats why.

I think Kratos motivation is clearly fleshed out for us. Zeus has been the puppet master all along and everything that has tied Kratos to any semblance of being a human being has been literally severed by his own hands(His wife and child, Athena). He is a man with only one thing to live for the death of Zeus. The game does a phenomenal job showing just how broken Kratos has become he will sacrifice the very world if it means getting his revenge.
Every god you destroy further plummets the very earth you walk on into chaos. The blotting out of the sun, the floods, pestilence and the death of all things living.

kikanny

JB1981 said:
Awesome to hear. Actually let me rephrase where I am ...
I just got to Hephaestus (sp?) the second time and we talked about how Aphrodite and his daughter Pandora ... that's where I am .. should have posted that earlier.
- How much more do I have from this point?
You're probably done 60-65%.

protonion

Titan is no big deal. I'm 80% done and I haven't died more than 3 times at the same spot (which was at the second to last boss). It's my 3rd playthrough though...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
protonion said:
Titan is no big deal. I'm 80% done and I haven't died more than 3 times at the same spot (which was at the second to last boss). It's my 3rd playthrough though...

I didn't find it very hard on my first playthrough until two parts near the end that were full of horseshit.
Ice scorpion + cerberus.

aristotle

For everyone wondering a bout where their DLC skin codes are, it's an issue on their end. They're currently working on it and trying to get it fixed asap. The turn-around time from when you enter the code on the website to when you receive the email is supposed to be 5 business days. I have no idea why. There's already a multiple page thread about it on the official forums started by a community manager I believe.

http://forums.godofwar.com/t5/God-o...who-has-gotten-skins-and-who-hasnt/td-p/41246

McLovin

Holy shit I think this game just killed my ps3! What does it mean when it beeps then shuts down and the red light keeps blinking? Tried turning it on but it freezes :(

The Chef

McLovin said:
Holy shit I think this game just killed my ps3! What does it mean when it beeps then shuts down and the red light keeps blinking? Tried turning it on but it freezes :(

EEsh McLovin that cant be good. Did you try forcing the PS3 to Reset? I think you hold keep your finger over the on button while it boots up and it beeps 3 times and does the equivalent of a hard-reboot.

If that doesn't work I think if you sacrifice a goat over your ps3 it should be okay.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
aristotle said:
For everyone wondering a bout where their DLC skin codes are, it's an issue on their end. They're currently working on it and trying to get it fixed asap. The turn-around time from when you enter the code on the website to when you receive the email is supposed to be 5 business days. I have no idea why. There's already a multiple page thread about it on the official forums started by a community manager I believe.

http://forums.godofwar.com/t5/God-o...who-has-gotten-skins-and-who-hasnt/td-p/41246

Oh, thanks! Five days... how entirely bizarre. What, do they have grunts manually going through every single entered code to determine authenticity? You'd think it would be instant and automated :lol

McLovin

The Chef said:
EEsh McLovin that cant be good. Did you try forcing the PS3 to Reset? I think you hold keep your finger over the on button while it boots up and it beeps 3 times and does the equivalent of a hard-reboot.

If that doesn't work I think if you sacrifice a goat over your ps3 it should be okay.
When I try turning it on the light is green, then yellow for a split second, then it shuts down and the red light starts blinkin.... oh god.. its dead isn't it.. I didn't even beat it yet!!! fml :(

Phew, just finished the game.

Took just under 10 hours. Very good stuff :p

Very entertaining Making of clips too, especially the voice-over with Kevin Sorbo :D

And McLovin thats the YLOD you got there :/

aristotle

McLovin said:
When I try turning it on the light is green, then yellow for a split second, then it shuts down and the red light starts blinkin.... oh god.. its dead isn't it.. I didn't even beat it yet!!! fml :(

YLOD unfortunately. $150 us to get a refurb back from sony. :-(

Aokage said:
Oh, thanks! Five days... how entirely bizarre. What, do they have grunts manually going through every single entered code to determine authenticity? You'd think it would be instant and automated :lol

No kidding. Using an external code besides a PSN code is ridiculous anyway. I don't understand since it's just an unlock code anyway. All the costumes are on disc.

DasRaven

Got my platinum yesterday. WANT MORE CHALLENGES! Those were almost as fun as the main game. I'm actually enjoying replaying more than I thought I would.
The skins and Godly Possessions(GP) allow you to change the difficulty to make even Spartan interesting.

Here's where my playthroughs are:
Spartan: At A's Chamber, Standard Kratos + GP
=Ring/Garter/Schematics.
This one was just to finish in-game trophies Nice Tan, Hot in Here, and Obedience School, so I don't I'll keep it after I finish the game.
Love the Apollo Bow machinegun when using the Schematics.

God: At A's Chamber, F.Kratos + GP
=Ring/Shoulder Guard
I guess the Titan playthrough rendered the skin penalty moot, I'm barely ever touched before I crush every enemy since I parry so well.
I'll continue through to the end just for the check, but this will end up being the save for A's mini-game.:D

Titan: First playthrough, quite difficult, but complete. This is my Final Battle save.

Chaos: Not started, searching for a Dominus skin to make this bearable. But I will go through it eventually, probably as a RTTP playthrough in the Fall.
This will be my Labyrinth save.
The Scorpious/Molten Cerberus will extra suck on Chaos.

Top Bottom