• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

RavenFox

Banned
neojubei said:
The special edition guidebook isn't coming this week :(
Yup got me email from Amazon saying it has been pushed back to the 24th. Went from the 16th to the 12th now to the 24th. Fuck You whoever did this to us.

Salz01

RavenFox said:
Yup got me email from Amazon saying it has been pushed back to the 24th. Went from the 16th to the 12th now to the 24th. Fuck You whoever did this to us.

Is it wrong for me to assume that means that the guidebook wont be at stores either? Like at Fry's? I want me some GOW3 Art next week....

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Firewire said:
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x138/Firewire_02/God-of-War-III-Ultimate-Edition-Det.jpg[/IMG

If this is accurate it says Ultimate Edition on it.[/QUOTE]

I can't see the image because it's blocked on my computer, but if it's the promo picture that has Packing Not Final or something like that, I wanted a bit more confirmation. I thought I'd seen pictures from that Sony Event that showed the Ultimate Edition with a regular copy of the game.

Firewire

Banned
GuardianE said:
I can't see the image because it's blocked on my computer, but if it's the promo picture that has Packing Not Final or something like that, I wanted a bit more confirmation. I thought I'd seen pictures from that Sony Event that showed the Ultimate Edition with a regular copy of the game.

Well I'm not sure if its there because its a PR pic of the ultimate edition, but its the exact same cover as the regular game except under the "God of War 3" title it has "Ultimate Edition".

If you trade it in in the future or something I doubt most Gamestop employee's would catch the difference, if again its there at retail.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Firewire said:
Well I'm not sure if its there because its a PR pic of the ultimate edition, but its the exact same cover as the regular game except under the "God of War 3" title it has "Ultimate Edition".

If you trade it in in the future or something I doubt most Gamestop employee's would catch the difference, if again its there at retail.

Well, Gamestop wouldn't care if it's a trade in. But I was going to return the sealed copy in the Ultimate Edition, passing it off as the regular edition I purchase on release date. It's just a way for me to play the game the day it comes out without having to pay anything extra.

Firewire said:

It's not up to the employee, GS doesn't create different pre-owned SKUs if it had a CE or LE for most used games.

GuardianE said:
Well, Gamestop wouldn't care if it's a trade in. But I was going to return the sealed copy in the Ultimate Edition, passing it off as the regular edition I purchase on release date. It's just a way for me to play the game the day it comes out without having to pay anything extra.

And that wouldn't work anyways, for SCEA, when a game is bundled inside something like Resistance 2 was for its' CE- there is no barcode on the back. In place of it it'll say "NOT FOR RESALE".

2wqs4mg.jpg

I'm guessing GoW 3 is no exception to the recent "normal is the new easy" rule, right?

Will start on hard. :D

Got it yesterday and played it through in one sitting. I have never done that with a game before, but goddamn this was awesome :D

I won't say much more, but your wait is worth it !

Minamu

My local gamestop won't be getting the collector's :'( Buhu gamestop forced me to import the gow collection at a cheaper price :D :lol Suckers!

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I'm thinking of pussing out and starting on Normal. Last gen I used to play on Easy all the fucking time. I have no idea why I ever did that.

Movement

It's funny how I had #14 as my avatar like 6 months ago and it was considered NSFW, yet here it got taken with no problem. I want my avatar rights back.

Simo

Well I went to my local Gamestop and sure enough the manager told me about the ultimate edition shortage and how unlikely they'll have any for release day. He said the unit numbers for the ultimate edition allocation got cut down from 94,000 to 16,000 corporate wide. Basically for 100% confirmation I have to call back on Monday to see if they received any and if not what the possible ETA would be.

I guess I might make some calls to see if Best Buy will have any extra copies left...

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Eltacoman said:
It's funny how I had #14 as my avatar like 6 months ago and it was considered NSFW, yet here it got taken with no problem. I want my avatar rights back.
Did you check the stickied thread?

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Is it weird that what I'm most excited about is what the March 2010 NPD is going to look like?

March 2010 NPD - There will be only chaos. And lots of GIFs. But mostly chaos.

Denzar

To people that have played the game, how are the challenge rooms?

I remember beating them in GoW I, but I could not get past that one room in II where you had to kill x amount of enemies in the air.

Salz01

Deepack said:
To people tha thave played the game, how are the challenge rooms?

I remember beating them in GoW I, but I could not get past that one room in II where you had to kill x amount of enemies in the air.

lol I just tried to do the same exact thing the other night for the first time, and didnt get past it either.

AgentWhiskersX said:
Is it weird that what I'm most excited about is what the March 2010 NPD is going to look like?

March 2010 NPD - There will be only chaos. And lots of GIFs. But mostly chaos.
There will be chaos...if Pokemon silver destroys Kratos =(

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Salz01 said:
lol I just tried to do the same exact thing the other night for the first time, and didnt get past it either.

The ones in 2 werent too bad if you knew what buttons to press....If i recall, you would hold L1 and hit a certain button to knock them in the air, then just jump and hold L1 and spam a different button and you would kill them quick before they hit the ground. I platinum'd both games in GOW Collection but its been a while since i did those challenge rooms...
which i hated btw...

Denzar

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
The ones in 2 werent too bad if you knew what buttons to press....If i recall, you would hold L1 and hit a certain button to knock them in the air, then just jump and hold L1 and spam a different button and you would kill them quick before they hit the ground. I platinum'd both games in GOW Collection but its been a while since i did those challenge rooms...
which i hated btw...

I liked them. It forced you to use your knowledge of the fighting system to the maximum and made sure you used tactics you wouldn't have used otherwise.

-viper-

Banned
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
which i hated btw...
L1 + X to air

L1 + O to kill

If someone is interested what the PEGI version looks like... Kratos just opened the gates to hell in Munich/Germany :D ! FYI GerGAF, the game is in german aswell ;).

24vlfmb.jpg
6e23ah.jpg

33dedet.jpg
qq71up.jpg

Vorg

Banned
Can the game be played in harder difficulties with the stuff you've accumulated while playing in normal?

acidspunk said:
Can the game be played in harder difficulties with the stuff you've accumulated while playing in normal?

Most likely not. That would defeat the purpose of having harder difficulties in the first place.

acidspunk said:
Well you can choose three difficulties from the beginning:

Spartan (Easy)
God (Normal)
Titan (Hard)

There is a fourth greyed out --> Chaos (Very Hard)

Magnus

Lion Heart said:
Probably because of those stupid French manuals that eat of the cost of the interior.
I know why, but I figured every non US/Japanese multilingual country suffered equally with us, and now I see goddamned Euro copies with interior art.

I have no idea why this is a big deal to me :lol it's definitely more the principle than actually caring about the art.

Lion Heart said:
Probably because of those stupid French manuals that eat of the cost of the interior.
Believe it or not, Quebec will have a French version of the game. My local EBGames told me that when I preordered my game.

Oneself

Lion Heart said:

Yeah it's pretty stupid to speak a language other than english. It's even more stupid if you're bilingual.

-_-

Seriously, I'm pretty sure the collector's box won't be affected by this though...

Fantasy Final said:
Believe it or not, Quebec will have a French version of the game. My local EBGames told me that when I preordered my game.
Every single 1st party game on PS3 is in french. In fact, the only game I can think of that has 2 different versions (one in french, the other in english) is the latest Call of Duty.

Acidspunk: I AM X rules. I like you.

Animator

I know some of you are excited about getting the game but is there really any need to post 2000x1800 images of the game box? It makes navigating the thread a nightmare.

resize like Mailenstein did. :)

Animator said:
I know some of you are excited about getting the game but is there really any need to post 2000x1800 images of the game box? It makes navigating the thread a nightmare.

resize like Mailenstein did. :)

Agreed.

Vorg

Banned
Oneself said:
Acidspunk: I AM X rules.

Yeah, I only knew about IAMX last year, but it's presently one of my favourite bands. Their "Kingdom of Welcome Addiction" album from last year is so good. Can't stop listening. :)

Oneself said:
Every single 1st party game on PS3 is in french. In fact, the only game I can think of that has 2 different versions (one in french, the other in english) is the latest Call of Duty.
Halo 3 had 2 versions. But I dunno why my EBGames asked me that. Maybe 2 versions too, I dunno.

FYI, you can from the following languages inside the game:

- English
- French
- Spanish
- German
- Italian
- Dutsch
- Portuguese
- Russian
- Polish

That's the EU PEGI version at least.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
IAMBEEFLESS said:
Most likely not. That would defeat the purpose of having harder difficulties in the first place.

Except that it works perfectly well in DMC and Bayonetta.

Still, I bet you're right... unless they DO let you play harder difficulties with unlockables enabled but deny you trophies for it. We already know that they deny trophies for using unlockables, but we don't know whether you can use them on difficulties you haven't beaten.

Phloxy

Just played for a few hours. Won't spoil anything other than to say, I enjoyed God of war 1 and 2 more because of the spectacle and the story. And 3 has that so far in spades, but I feel for the first time. The combat matches the huge scale and epicness the story and environments have always supplied.

Fighting feels slower, it feels heavy. You use magic that looks and feels like it would actually damage a mythological creature and a god itself. So far it is deep, and super responsive. It has the variety and move set of a devil may cry while matching Ninja Gaidens focus on combat and enemies that can kill you if you are sloppy. Even the qte have been improved to the point where I can hit the buttons just by watching the four sides of the screen in a way that I never miss how amazing it looks when Kratos is actually performing one of his epic moments.

Don't wanna prattle on, but I expected a grand epic story. A huge varied and breathtaking environment. What I didn't expect was combat and combat mechanics to improve to the point where this game notches it's own mark. There is Ninja Gaiden, there is Devil May cry, and now you can add God of War to the list of fantastic action games that challenge your senses and twitch skills without sacrificing a grand story in the process. Bravo, and enjoy guys.

Top Bottom