• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

nskinnear said:
I have a friend who works at Best Buy. I wonder if he'll sell me a copy early >.>

There are no small mom-and-pop stores around here.

I don't think we have anything like a mom-and-pop either. Just the standard Best Buy, GameStop, Target, FYE, etc.

There is a local hobby shop down near my office that carries games -- but I don't think a place that's sort of game-centric (they D&D/CCGs/Comics/etc.) would actually be breaking street date.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
4422959277_8594f8d9ee_b.jpg

4423062675_178c546228_b.jpg

;_; Had GoW3 spoiled for me on a Ustream of the Sony GDC'10 presentation. I hadn't even gotten a chance to play GoW2 yet... Is the ending really out there already? Or was it a fake spoiler? :,(

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
DeadFalling said:
;_; Had GoW3 spoiled for me on a Ustream of the Sony GDC'10 presentation. I hadn't even gotten a chance to play GoW2 yet... Is the ending really out there already? Or was it a fake spoiler? :,(

Tons of people got the game early, and journalists have had it for a little while. So it might have been a real spoiler. Do not talk about it in here, please!

DeadFalling said:

same here! ugh...

i mean i kinda expected it, but i still didn't want to know it as fact!

part of me hopes its a false spoiler

tirminyl

DeadFalling said:

I'm joining the "GoW3 was spoiled for me during GDC" group. It was the first thing I saw when I launched the page.

Digital-Hero said:
Same here and it's becoming more prevalent around the U.S. at least. A friend of mine though has a shop near him in NY, and they sold him Final Fantasy XIII early.

Where in NY? I live in NY. I want GOW3 early. :D

Not sure if it's been mentioned, so ignore if so:

The Ultimate edition from SCEA is having manufacturing issues and US retailers aren't being promised it's initial shipments for launch will be there on Day 1.

I REALLY hope my store isn't effected by this, no way could I go a midnight launch without my new jewelry box!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Square Triangle said:

The Ultimate edition from SCEA is having manufacturing issues and US retailers aren't being promised it's initial shipments for launch will be there on Day 1.

I REALLY hope my store isn't effected by this, no way could I go a midnight launch without my new jewelry box!

I hope this does not effect Amazon.com orders.

neojubei said:
I hope this does not effect Amazon.com orders.

Just to give you an idea, GS ordered 64,000 units of the Ultimate edition and if I remember it right only a quarter of that is actually being shipped now. Only 1,000 stores out of the companies 4300 are being promised their shipments. =/

I'm sure everything will come through for launch, but it does have me worrying.

I really wonder how Pandoras Box is built. It looks sturdy and well built( and it actually looks like its made out of copper) in those pics but pics can be deceiving.

neojubei

RavenFox said:
Better not. I've had that shit preordered since October

Same here.

Square Triangle said:
Just to give you an idea, GS ordered 64,000 units of the Ultimate edition and if I remember it right only a quarter of that is actually being shipped now. Only 1,000 stores out of the companies 4300 are being promised their shipments. =/

RAGE!!! I hope I get mine.

When you say GS, do you mean one GS store or the entire chain?

neojubei said:
Same here.

RAGE!!! I hope I get mine.

When you say GS, do you mean one GS store or the entire chain?

It's company wide. And I don't see how a manufacturing issue could effect only one retail chain. Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, etc all have to be effected since it's all coming from SCEA.

neojubei

Square Triangle said:
It's company wide. And I don't see how a manufacturing issue could effect only one retail chain. Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, etc all have to be effected since it's all coming from SCEA.

ouch, then these things are going to be rare. If I get one I best not open it.

Simo

Square Triangle said:

Well...bollocks. The Gamestop I preordered my ultimate edition at got their shipment in today while I was there talking to the manager. Though now I guess I need to stop on in there tomorrow to see what the deal is.. :(

Magnus

rhino4evr said:
so it looks like most retail stores have gotten this in already...which means leaks are definitely possible.
Best Buy is reporting that they are in-store. Which means they are probably sitting in the backroom at the moment.

The cool stores got it last week.

:D

The Ultimate Edition is now available at Walmart.com for preorder. Just ordered mine today finally :D will give the regular edition to my brother. :D

Hmm, I had the Ultimate Edition preordered since Oct. of last year through Amazon, some things happened and I had to change my address, but now the quickest delivery option is one business day. Release date shipping is no longer available for me. I wonder if this has anything to do with that? Actually, it says I won't get the game til the 18th....<_<

Simo

Ninja_Hawk said:
Hmm, I had the Ultimate Edition preordered since Oct. of last year through Amazon, some things happened and I had to change my address, but now the quickest delivery option is one business day. Release date shipping is no longer available for me. I wonder if this has anything to do with that? Actually, it says I won't get the game til the 18th....<_<

No, release date delivery has never been available for the ultimate edition since Amazon first put it up.

Where did the info for the possible ultimate edition shortage come from anyways? I can't seem to find any info on the official GoW boards and whatnot.

Simo said:
No, release date delivery has never been available for the ultimate edition since Amazon first put it up.

Where did the info for the possible ultimate edition shortage come from anyways? I can't seem to find any info on the official GoW boards and whatnot.

Really? I could've sworn it was, but whatever then. The fact that it still says it's not coming til around the 18th still has me kinda worried but maybe it'll come earlier.

Simo said:

It was an email I read at work this morning.

nib95

Banned
So I've not only started it a second time, but watching my flat mates play through it as well. You really get a new sense of appreciation for everything that went in to this title. All that's left for me to see is if the third act really does slow down and lose it a little compared to the rest or whether it was just because I was so tired when playing it lol.

Garjon

Square Triangle said:

What the hell is going on at the SCE manufacturing plants? Don't tell me Sony underestimated demand... again?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
DeadFalling said:

bigboss370 said:
same here! ugh...

i mean i kinda expected it, but i still didn't want to know it as fact!

part of me hopes its a false spoiler

Whoa, whoa, whoa. PM please? Let the spoilery goodness rain all over my face :D

rhino4evr

sent back BioShock 2 to Gamefly today (snooze), to try to get GoW3...took off everything on my queue so they have to send me it. I did the same thing for Mass Effect 2, and was able to play it the day after release. If I like it enough I will just keep it. Going to be out of town all next week anyway.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Can anyone confirm that the GoWIII:Ultimate contains the regular edition game inside?

I'm considering picking up a retail copy and returning the copy that's inside the Ultimate Edition once it finally ships. I need that thing day one. I just want to know if it's a different cover or has a NOT FOR RESALE instead of a UPC.

Victarion

gogogow said:
Why does your Kratos not have a nose?
Europeans will get the "not final boxart" art?
And what's up with the yellow dot?

The yellow dot is on the covers of Sony's first party games in Europe, not sure what the hell it is.

legbone

GuardianE said:
Can anyone confirm that the GoWIII:Ultimate contains the regular edition game inside?

I'm considering picking up a retail copy and returning the copy that's inside the Ultimate Edition once it finally ships. I need that thing day one. I just want to know if it's a different cover or has a NOT FOR RESALE instead of a UPC.

i think it has a different cover.

Firewire

Banned
GuardianE said:

God-of-War-III-Ultimate-Edition-Det.jpg

If this is accurate it says Ultimate Edition on it.

Top Bottom