• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

RavenFox

Banned
rhino4evr said:
All of the Sony Move talk is making me really glad that GoW3 is coming out to erase it from my memory.
Please for the love of sanity and to save this thread donot talk about move in this thread k? Thanks rhino

Phloxy said:
Just played for a few hours. Won't spoil anything other than to say, I enjoyed God of war 1 and 2 more because of the spectacle and the story. And 3 has that so far in spades, but I feel for the first time. The combat matches the huge scale and epicness the story and environments have always supplied.

Fighting feels slower, it feels heavy. You use magic that looks and feels like it would actually damage a mythological creature and a god itself. So far it is deep, and super responsive. It has the variety and move set of a devil may cry while matching Ninja Gaidens focus on combat and enemies that can kill you if you are sloppy. Even the qte have been improved to the point where I can hit the buttons just by watching the four sides of the screen in a way that I never miss how amazing it looks when Kratos is actually performing one of his epic moments.

Don't wanna prattle on, but I expected a grand epic story. A huge varied and breathtaking environment. What I didn't expect was combat and combat mechanics to improve to the point where this game notches it's own mark. There is Ninja Gaiden, there is Devil May cry, and now you can add God of War to the list of fantastic action games that challenge your senses and twitch skills without sacrificing a grand story in the process. Bravo, and enjoy guys.
High praise indeed. I think I've reached a point where I can't possibly get excited for GoW 3 any more. Its over 9000, people.

Tinabina

CIMG0023.jpg
:) In NYC.

RavenFox

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I thought that commercials weren't allowed for Z rated games in Japan? 1up just ran an article talking about the downsides to a game with that rating and the fact that you can't run ads for it was one of them.
There you go it's 1up.

-viper-

Banned
dragonflys545 said:
:( that spoiled the Demo moment...
Don't really see how, considering we already know Kratos has the Blade of Olympus (GOWII) and in the demo he was already attacking the titan, so yeah...

ZeroRay

Phloxy said:
Just played for a few hours. Won't spoil anything other than to say, I enjoyed God of war 1 and 2 more because of the spectacle and the story. And 3 has that so far in spades, but I feel for the first time. The combat matches the huge scale and epicness the story and environments have always supplied.

Fighting feels slower, it feels heavy. You use magic that looks and feels like it would actually damage a mythological creature and a god itself. So far it is deep, and super responsive. It has the variety and move set of a devil may cry while matching Ninja Gaidens focus on combat and enemies that can kill you if you are sloppy. Even the qte have been improved to the point where I can hit the buttons just by watching the four sides of the screen in a way that I never miss how amazing it looks when Kratos is actually performing one of his epic moments.

Don't wanna prattle on, but I expected a grand epic story. A huge varied and breathtaking environment. What I didn't expect was combat and combat mechanics to improve to the point where this game notches it's own mark. There is Ninja Gaiden, there is Devil May cry, and now you can add God of War to the list of fantastic action games that challenge your senses and twitch skills without sacrificing a grand story in the process. Bravo, and enjoy guys.

I felt that there would be more to the combat this time when I played the demo. Good to know the game delivers in all areas.

Magnus said:
I know why, but I figured every non US/Japanese multilingual country suffered equally with us, and now I see goddamned Euro copies with interior art.

Oops, I thought you said "why does every region.."

Oneself said:
Yeah it's pretty stupid to speak a language other than english. It's even more stupid if you're bilingual.

I don't see why all provinces need it (well Ontario at least), Quebec should be the only province to have a French manual, oui? I want those interiors dammit
angry.gif

Dogenzaka

Banned
WHY CAN'T THERE BE MOM AND POP STORES AROUND HOUSTON :(

I'm off to Target and Blockbuster to see if any of their few-watts-short-of-a-wet-match-in-a-dark-cave-level-of-"brightness" employees have put the game on the shelf.

Salz01

Looking at the GDC pics, makes me super mad I cant get the artbook. The game, and the artbook. Thats all I want. <rubs temples>

Oneself

Lion Heart said:
Oops, I thought you said "why does every region.."

I don't see why all provinces need it (well Ontario at least), Quebec should be the only province to have a French manual, oui? I want those interiors dammit
angry.gif

Yeah I want those interiors as well.. some games have it though, so if we're lucky GOW3 will too. Then again, I'm pretty sure the collector's box will include the "US" cover/interior... + an absolutely awesome track from Opeth =P

Acidspunk said:
Yeah, I only knew about IAMX last year, but it's presently one of my favourite bands. Their "Kingdom of Welcome Addiction" album from last year is so good. Can't stop listening. :)
All 3 albums are awesome... and just in case you don't have it yet; get Sneaker Pimps: Bloodsport CD. You will forever thank me.

Hydrargyrus said:
is someone going to buy the french canadian version?
I think there's only one sku so everywhere in Canada, GOW3 will be the same... but to answer the question, I'm picking up the Collector's box...

Simo

Salz01 said:
Looking at the GDC pics, makes me super mad I cant get the artbook. The game, and the artbook. Thats all I want. <rubs temples>

Don't worry, it looks like most of us that did preorder and buy the ultimate edition are going to have a hard enough time getting our goods. :lol

..:(

Animator

Salz01 said:

Are there pictures of the artbook I missed somewhere? I have been searching high and low for a picture of the artbook with no luck for weeks now :(

Pretty bummed about the Ultimate Edition shortage at GameStop. I have one pre-ordered and fully paid off there, but the fact that I could potentially miss out is uber-lame.

Tinabina

A friend of a friend is a manager at a gamestop and he slipped me a copy. Incase you guys in nyc want to get it early, Videogames ny should have it in tomorrow. Call them up and ask.

tirminyl said:
Ugh. Why can't I get release date shipping from Amazon on this? I've never had this option. Has anyone else?
Nope. I could've sworn I had, but someone brought to my attention that there never was, so I guess not. I'm going go be pretty mad if it doesn't ship until the 18th like it says though.

careksims

Ninja_Hawk said:
Nope. I could've sworn I had, but someone brought to my attention that there never was, so I guess not. I'm going go be pretty mad if it doesn't ship until the 18th like it says though.

Mine's say 19th :( The wait is going to be long....

SlickVic

tirminyl said:
Ugh. Why can't I get release date shipping from Amazon on this? I've never had this option. Has anyone else?

This is a glitch that occasionally occurs with Amazon if you place an order before RDD is available. Doesn't seem to affect everyone though since I was able to apply it to my order from October.

Easiest way to fix it is to cancel the order, and place a new one with RDD. If you have a Gold Box promo/ECA discount applied already, it's a little trickier. CSR might be able to add RDD from their system or carry over the discounts to a new order.

EB Games in Australia sold out of the Ultimate Trilogy pre-orders over a month ago. I was like "FUCK!!!"

Then I get an email last night saying their ONLINE store has the last 42 copies left to pre-order going online at 10am AEST (about 2 and a half hours ago).

GOT MINE BITCHES!!!!!!!!

$250AU later. But fuck it, it's God of FUCKING War 3. It's the whole reason I bought a PS3.

tirminyl

SlickVic said:
This is a glitch that occasionally occurs with Amazon if you place an order before RDD is available. Doesn't seem to affect everyone though since I was able to apply it to my order from October.

Easiest way to fix it is to cancel the order, and place a new one with RDD. If you have a Gold Box promo/ECA discount applied already, it's a little trickier. CSR might be able to add RDD from their system or carry over the discounts to a new order.

I ordered the Ultimate in late October/early November, but I don't want to cancel to re-order because I may lose it :lol

I guess I will just wait until the 18th. I hope it isn't delayed.

SlickVic

tirminyl said:
I ordered the Ultimate in late October/early November, but I don't want to cancel to re-order because I may lose it :lol

I guess I will just wait until the 18th. I hope it isn't delayed.

Sorry didn't realize you ordered the Ultimate Edition. Have no idea if RDD was ever offered with that.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Gonna hit the midnight release for this, since i just found out my Gamestop is doing it. Apparently the manager is dressing up as Kratos, so pics will be taken.

Grooski

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:
EB Games in Australia sold out of the Ultimate Trilogy pre-orders over a month ago. I was like "FUCK!!!"

Then I get an email last night saying their ONLINE store has the last 42 copies left to pre-order going online at 10am AEST (about 2 and a half hours ago).

GOT MINE BITCHES!!!!!!!!

$250AU later. But fuck it, it's God of FUCKING War 3. It's the whole reason I bought a PS3.

I got one!!!

Thanks to you you glorious fucking bastard for posting this. I would name my third child after you, but neither 2 minutes or Turkish really make sense for a first name....

Top Bottom