• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

RavenFox said:
Hey Jay I also live in Westchester:D

I'm a bit north of you guys, up in Ulster/Dutchess county area. I want someone to sell early so bad. My SO is working down in the Westchester area though, so maybe if you guys find something, I can get her to pick it up. :|

Torgo

There aren't any spoilers. I've beaten the game once, and I took from pretty early in the game. Also, I purposely only showed footage that Sony approved (Yes, I checked with them before I posted them.)

The video with the Titan is not a spoiler. You will find out on your own when you get the game.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Torgo said:
There aren't any spoilers. I've beaten the game once, and I took from pretty early in the game. Also, I purposely only showed footage that Sony approved (Yes, I checked with them before I posted them.)

The video with the Titan is not a spoiler. You will find out on your own when you get the game.

Do you know what "spoiler" means? I had already seen the section of the game from that first clip, so I'm not mad at you, but someone will be for sure.

Magnus

Everyone's definition of a spoiler is clearly very different. I mean, there's so little real story in this game compared to say, an RPG, so every story event matters. I'd classify something like the events in that first video as something I wouldn't want to see before playing, but to each his own.

You understand when you say, "this big event isn't a spoiler" that you're implying that the event gets reversed later, or that it doesn't have any lasting consequence because of some other event later. It's like showing someone Gandalf's fall in Fellowship and then saying, "don't worry, that's not a spoiler, he doesn't really die". :lol

Torgo

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Do you know what "spoiler" means? I had already seen the section of the game from that first clip, so I'm not mad at you, but someone will be for sure.

Yes I do, and when you play the game, you'll KNOW that it's not a spoiler.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Magnus said:
Everyone's definition of a spoiler is clearly very different. I mean, there's so little real story in this game compared to say, an RPG, so every story event matters. I'd classify something like the events in that first video as something I wouldn't want to see before playing, but to each his own.l

Absolutely. It's a pretty big surprise because it's the section of the game from the demo, but with a big difference. Who wouldn't want to be surprised by that? It's too late for me because I'm weak and I needed a little dose of footage the other day. Curse this game and especially curse all of you who got it early. :p

Magnus

The major betrayal of one character by another isn't a spoiler? :lol

I've played the game, so I'm not pissed myself, but that's not something I would have cared to know about in advance.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Torgo said:
Yes I do, and when you play the game, you'll KNOW that it's not a spoiler.

You're talking nonsense. The fact that it is a surprising thing makes it a spoiler by many people's definition. How could actually playing that part in the game undo the fact that people saw it beforehand? Why don't you be courteous and mark as a "possible spoiler" instead of marking it as "not a spoiler"?

edit: Oh, hey, you changed it. You're welcome.

rhino4evr

I'm not watching any videos. The last trailer I saw weeks ago. A clip doesn't have to show a story detail to quailfy as a spoiler

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The Giant Bomb Quick Look was pretty fantastic....and hilarious. Ryan talking about Kratos' teen angst was :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Torgo said:
Wow, I apologize. I will never post a gameplay video here again.

Don't sweat it, it's not like there were any major spoilers.
Indifferent2.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
if you're clicking links to gameplay footage, you don't have much of a right to complain about spoilers.

at this point, why would you want to watch someone else play anyway. the game is days away. just wait it out.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Rez said:
if you're clicking links to gameplay footage, you don't have much of a right to complain about spoilers.

at this point, why would you want to watch someone else play anyway. the game is days away. just wait it out.

I agree with your point, but he literally tagged one of the videos "Not a spoiler, trust me" and it was most definitely what at least some people would call a spoiler. Not a huge one, not the end of the game or anything, but come on. It was a surprising change to the area from the demo.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
hey_it's_that_dog said:
I agree with your point, but he literally tagged one of the videos "Not a spoiler, trust me" and it was most definitely what at least some people would call a spoiler. Not a huge one, not the end of the game or anything, but come on. It was a surprising change to the area from the demo.
oh, didn't realise he specifically tagged it as 'safe'.

still, the point still stands. ;)

Rez said:
oh, didn't realise he specifically tagged it as 'safe'.

still, the point still stands. ;)

I think everyone agrees with this, but would be best not to post video's with spoilers in them and tag them as 'no spoilers' :lol

Finally broke down and watched the Gametrailer review...

...holy crap, holy CRAP, HOLY CRAP!!

How many sacrifices to the gods did the dev team do pull this off? Just insane ridiculously epic stuff.

DualShadow said:
I think everyone agrees with this, but would be best not to post video's with spoilers in them and tag them as 'no spoilers' :lol
But your ad says "works on contingency. no money down!"

"No, that should say 'Works on contingency? No! Money down!"

DualShadow said:
I think I'm missing the reference?
Ah, it's a quote from the Simpsons.

Lionel Hutz the lawyer's ad claims to do one thing, but he changes it to mean the opposite (i.e., "No Spoilers!"..."No, Spoilers!"). Your post just made me think of it.

Thread derail over. :D

Nizz

It'll probably be at the end of the month, but my brother wants to help his unemployed brother out and get the game for me. My wait will be a little longer but hey, looks like I'll be getting it regardless. :)

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Ah, it's a quote from the Simpsons.

Lionel Hutz the lawyer's ad claims to do one thing, but he changes it to mean the opposite (i.e., "No Spoilers!"..."No, Spoilers!"). Your post just made me think of it.

Thread derail over. :D

I missed a Simpson's quote? NNNOOOOOOOOOOO :lol

rhino4evr

Ugh...just saw the commercial on TV for God of War 3..and a GOD DAMN Boss fight was shown right in the commercial!! I just can't stay away from spoilers even when I want to!!

EDIT..it looked sweet though...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
rhino4evr said:
Ugh...just saw the commercial on TV for God of War 3..and a GOD DAMN Boss fight was shown right in the commercial!! I just can't stay away from spoilers even when I want to!!

I'm impressed that you've been able to avoid anything from that boss fight until now. I figured that everyone had seen it since that was pretty much the only thing they had shown since E3 until just recently.

Simo

So now I'm hearing that with the whole ultimate edition shortage, some customers are being told by their Gamestop stores that if they don't receive the ultimate edition for the 16th then the next allocated shipment isn't going to be until the following week for the 23rd?!

Can Gaffers who work at Gamestop confirm or deny? If true and my store doesn't get any then I'm about to start RAGING!
2woytnc.gif

Simo said:
So now I'm hearing that with the whole ultimate edition shortage, some customers are being told by their Gamestop stores that if they don't receive the ultimate edition for the 16th then the next allocated shipment isn't going to be until the following week for the 23rd?!

Can Gaffers who work at Gamestop confirm or deny? If true and my store doesn't get any then I'm about to start RAGING!

If this is true and I can't get my UE until a week after release, then fuck it, I'm canceling my pre-order and going with the vanilla version. Guess I better call Gamestop tomorrow to see what they know.

rhino4evr

RoboPlato said:
I'm impressed that you've been able to avoid anything from that boss fight until now. I figured that everyone had seen it since that was pretty much the only thing they had shown since E3 until just recently.
Yeah when I say blackout I mean it

rhino4evr said:

they need something in the commercial to 'wow' potential consumer and make them buy the game. can't blame Sony for wanting their game to sell. if it make you better, you only saw the boss intro in what most likely going to be multi part battle. there's plenty of setpieces left you haven't seen for that boss fight. and there's more than 1 giant boss fight in the game.

you've seen nothing yet, and I'm sure you'll be rewarded when you play the whole game without knowing many other setpieces that had been leaked/ shown here and there.

Dogenzaka said:
FUCK YOU that first video was DEFINITELY A HUGE SPOILER and it's too bad I read the quoted posts before I saw your edited one :l

You didn't see all the posts below complaining about it?

Also sorry but that made me laugh cause your outburst was unexpected
:lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
But your ad says "works on contingency. no money down!"

"No, that should say 'Works on contingency? No! Money down!"
Bwahaha, I got that reference. :lol :lol

Dogenzaka

Banned
DualShadow said:
You didn't see all the posts below complaining about it?

Also sorry but that made me laugh cause your outburst was unexpected
:lol

I read the quotes and clicked the link before I read the backlash :(

Top Bottom