• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Cesar said:
Just a great screenshot:

28valh.jpg

DAMN! Im going to playing the game finally this week.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
00011000 said:
I've just started a new game, and in the "Items" menu, it shows that I have the 10 godly possessions, but there are three question marks. One is minotaru horns, what are the other two?

Eyes and Feathers?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
shagg_187 said:
Does the final boss give away Godly Possessions? Cause I don't recall picking anything up... :/

Nope,
Hera's Cup is the 10th and final item

In order: (1-10)

Zeus' Eagle
Hades' Helm
Helios' Shield
Hermes' Coin
Hercules' Sholder Guard
Aphrodite's Garter
Hephaestus' Ring
Daedalus's Schematics
Poseidon's Conch Shell
Hera's Chalice

BeeDog

shagg_187 said:
Does the final boss give away Godly Possessions? Cause I don't recall picking anything up... :/

You get Zeus' Eagle early in the game; actually the first time you enter Gaia during the Poseidon battle. When you reach the heart area, instead of moving the stone column to the left like instructed, simply climb the vine on the right hand side of the screen and you'll reach an area where you can get it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
00011000 said:
eyes and feathers are there. I can't work it out.

Probably the ice thing from the scorpion, and something else along those lines that I can't think of at the moment.

jett

D-Member
Ah motherfucking Chaos mode, where regular enemies are more fucking difficult than the bosses. :| At this rate I think it's going to take me double the time to finish it than on god/titan.

This for sure will be my one and only Chaos run. Any other playthroughs will be done just on Titan. :p

Banned
Amir0x said:
This game is so sick. I never want it to end!

I just beat
Hermes
. How close am I to the end? :(

I'd say you're just about exactly at the half-way point. What difficulty you playing at?

I just beat the
Scorpion
boss and holy shit, it took me over an hour. However, when I did kill him, it only took me about 3-4 minutes. I completely forgot I could air dodge :lol

Ah man, end game starts now. I kinda don't wanna play. I remember I felt the same way about UC2 T_T

BeeDog said:
You get Zeus' Eagle early in the game; actually the first time you enter Gaia during the Poseidon battle. When you reach the heart area, instead of moving the stone column to the left like instructed, simply climb the vine on the right hand side of the screen and you'll reach an area where you can get it.

DAMN! GODDAMN! Can I pick this up during the final battle?
I mean when you are inside Gaia's heart?

DihcarEM

Yes, i finally beat chaos mode, i feel good baby.
Now i can play for fun on this diffeculty with my costumes and cheats(on titan it was too easy with them on.).
I love this game, come on SMM bring on the dlc.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
shagg_187 said:
DAMN! GODDAMN! Can I pick this up during the final battle?
I mean when you are inside Gaia's heart?

Nope, but you can pick it up from any save file. No need to do it in the same playthrough during which you collected the rest.

I had 3 missing from my Titan run. I collected 2 during the Easy one and then simply loaded a Titan save file to access the location where the 3rd one was hidden (as I didn't save at the same location on the Easy run). I got the trophy the moment I collected it.

TTP said:
Nope, but you can pick it up from any save file. No need to do it in the same playthrough during which you collected the rest.

I had 3 missing from my Titan run. I collected 2 during the Easy one and then simply loaded a Titan save file to access the location where the 3rd one was hidden (as I didn't save at the same location on the Easy run). I got the trophy the moment I collected it.

Nice! :D Thanks everyone! :mad:

Oh and speaking of Platinum, I'll take my time since they require replayability. Will get all three platinums at the same time! :mad:

methane47

Stayed up till 4AM+ last night to beat this...

AND WOW.... All the bosses impressed me Greatly except
Hermes
... :( kinda disappointing.

Question...
Doesn't Kratos lop off Gia's arm like 20% through the game? How is it that she still has two hands to attempt to crush you and Zeus in the end of the game?

Anyway the game was absolutely epic. Now to get the trophies...

OH AND THAT FIGHT WITH THE CERBERES AND THE SATYR OMG!!! SOOOO DIFFICULT!!
I had to check gamefaqs for a strategy for that fight i'm sorry lol..... when i saw you could use the
Gorgon
on the satyr i was like.. thank you jesus..... Before i saw that strategy i must have played that fight like 10+ times.. :( and that was only on Normal..

I'm seriously scared to attempt this game on chaos

Also: I got the AMazed trophy on my first run :) (although i kinda cheated and exited and reloaded everytime i died) LMAO

Johnas

Platinum get.

Can't quite decide at the moment if I want to do Chaos mode or not. Maybe later.

Titan was really the ideal difficulty, Normal is just too easy.

Johnas

methane47 said:
Question...
Doesn't Kratos lop off Gia's arm like 20% through the game? How is it that she still has two hands to attempt to crush you and Zeus in the end of the game?

If I remember right,
she basically has just roots for a hand at that last scene

Slurmer

Banned
So, in the final sequence of the game
where Kratos is in his own mind, and jumps from the cliff. If you hang around long enough you hear a voice say "True Spartans never fall on their back, right brother?" There's another one that says "Kratos, don't leave me again!"
What games are these quotes from?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Made a lot more progress in my Titan run. Surprisingly I found
Skorpius
to be the easiest boss so far, aside from
Hermes
, of course. I guess I just had a good strategy for him. I could see it being really awful if it was your first time through with no idea how to approach him. I was fearing that fight when I saw how many people were complaining about it, especially since the bosses on Titan have been kicking my ass. Should be able to finish Titan and get the Platinum tomorrow. :D

jett said:
So what are some of your favorite moments in the game?

Despite all the epicness that goes on in this game, I think my fave one is
when you've already sliced one of Hermes's legs and he's begging for dear life. Just the way Kratos walks over to him with the lightning flashing in the background and the music blasting the chorus chant of KRATOS! KRATOS!
...you feel like such an evil badass motherfucker. Dunno, it just stuck with me!
I like the Kratos theme in each of his God kills, it puts a smile on my face to be this evil with that theme playing :D

Zeliard

I think that on-rails part near the end of the game where you have to dodge fireballs and bullshit may be the single worst segment I've ever played in an otherwise great game.

I have to always wonder what in the FUCK developers are thinking with putting shit like that in. Reminds me of the stupid asteroid section in Dead Space.

They really need stop putting these horrible segments in their games in the name of adding "variety", because it doesn't - it just smears shit onto golden tapestry.

Zeliard said:
I think that on-rails part near the end of the game where you have to dodge fireballs and bullshit may be the single worst segment I've ever played in an otherwise great game.

I have to always wonder what in the FUCK developers are thinking with putting shit like that in. Reminds me of the stupid asteroid section in Dead Space.

They really need stop putting these horrible segments in their games in the name of adding "variety", because it doesn't - it just smears shit onto golden tapestry.

Guess you were poo at that bit then. It was simple. MAN UP

jett

D-Member
I dunno if it's a bug or what, but it annoys me how on some caverns in Path of Eos my weapons don't illuminate the scenery. :p

Ballistictiger said:
Those parts are easy. Instant recovery made those parts awesome. Such a lifer saver on Chaos mode.

Instant recovery?

Like I was dying before the flying segment and right after my health and magic is replenished.

The flying segment is a life saver when you pass it.

Papercuts

Ballistictiger said:
Like I was dying before the flying segment and right after my health and magic is replenished.

The flying segment is a life saver when you pass it.

It's because you have a completely different lifebar there. I did a quick easy run and STILL died on the segment
with the scorpion where you fly because you still died in 3 hits
, it caught me off guard.

I didn't mind those segments, but I can certainly understand why people would hate them. They're a rush when you do it perfectly, but messing up on the harder parts makes you literally unable to see which makes it random chance whether or not you'll keep getting hit again and again and again.

Even if you get hit after you finish you are completely replenished. I got hit once and it took off at least a quarter of my health when I finished I was fully healed and my magic before starting it was diminished. It was fully restored after finishing as well.

Try it out and you'll see.

Icarus vent sections are some of the most amazing looking sections in the entire game. It is a fantastic idea, but implemented rather averagely. The biggest problem I had was not being able to align myself with the openings partly due to camera angle (placed at the heels of Kratos) and not being able to distinguish obstacles from scenery other than slamming right into them. Its an easy fix. Pull out the camera and give Kratos more room to maneuver by making the openings larger. The part where I was flawless was
at the falling down part at the end where there are dozens of fireballs falling down and you have to maneuver around them. Why, because the obstacles were easy to make out and openings were easy to see. Not to mention it was fun too.

Papercuts

Ballistictiger said:
Even if you get hit after you finish you are completely replenished. I got hit once and it took off at least a quarter of my health when I finished I was fully healed and my magic before starting it was diminished. It was fully restored after finishing as well.

Try it out and you'll see.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It fully heals you before those parts and after because it just takes a separate health bar so it can redo the damage scaling.

kikanny

I've just started my second playthrough of the game. So this is the first time ever I'm replaying a game. Never have I done that before. I haven't replayed Uncharted 2 (although planning to) and even my favorite game of all time, Shadow of the Colossus. So that says something about God of War 3. I might even go for the platinum even though I hate trophies.

Johnas

So anybody know what the deal is with the website the Platinum Trophy mentions?

I just visited it and didn't see much, is there anything besides the thunder and rain?

kikanny said:
I've just started my second playthrough of the game. So this is the first time ever I'm replaying a game. Never have I done that before. I haven't replayed Uncharted 2 (although planning to) and even my favorite game of all time, Shadow of the Colossus. So that says something about God of War 3. I might even go for the platinum even though I hate trophies.

You've never replayed any game ever? Wow.

I can kind of relate to you on GoW III though, I only played through I and II once each, and I've finished this one three times and still might try Chaos mode.

Banned
kikanny said:

I never used to play through games more than once. But since trophies, I do it regularly. Getting way more milage out of games this gen than previous as a result.

I'd never play a game just for the trophies, though. I've only got 3 plats- all GoW related. :D

Just started a new playthrough on Titan mode, and I got to say, you get a much greater feeling of satisfaction from the combat on higher difficulties!

Boss Battle Discussion(Beware Spoilers)

I really enjoyed the first encounter with Poseidon. After a white-knuckle battle with Poseidon it feels so satisfying to beat the ever living shit out of him on the side of Mount Olympus. That entire encounter while fighting the Hydra then the entire form of Poseidon is just a lot of damn fun!

I just finished off Hades, and damn does that battle test your limits! You really need to evaluate the moves and strategies you are using in order to find the best way to defeat Hades. I got to admit, I died a lot, but once I figured out what I needed to do Hades fell like a ton of bricks. Again, SSM does a great job of rewarding the player by allowing you to beat the shit out of the boss once you defeat them.

Top Bottom