• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Combichristoffersen said:
How are the puzzles in GoW 3? Nothing as mindnumbingly shitty as the 'push the cage up the hill' puzzle from GoW 1, I hope?
No, imho all riddles were fair and there was nothing like "push this crate trough the room with 5000 enemys while flaming arrows shoot you in the ass" (you get the idea).
They really hit the nail with everything in this game imho. The balance and pace between battles, riddles and "platforming" is just perfect.

ram

S1kkZ said:
are there any making-of videos or challenges to unlock?
or is the making-of in the us ce only?

no - you can unlock a making of in the normal version after beating the game.

52club

I played through GOW I about six months ago, now I'm playing through GOW II. GOW II seems like I'm looking behind the design curtain. I feel like it is Fight, Puzzle, Fight, Puzzle, Fight Boss, cut scene, etc. I'm sure GOW I suffered from a similar issue, but I am noticing it more in GOW II.

I bring this up because I really hope the flow of game play in GOW III is going to be more contingent on the story, than the game play dictating the story.

RavenFox

Banned
Tryckser said:
No, imho all riddles were fair and there was nothing like "push this crate trough the room with 5000 enemys while flaming arrows shoot you in the ass" (you get the idea).
They really hit the nail with everything in this game imho. The balance and pace between battles, riddles and "platforming" is just perfect.
:lol I read the first line and couldn't stop laughing.

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!

My Ultimate Edition is being processed by GAME!!!!!!

This is it! :D

I played the demo again for the 1st time in about a month or so and I was blown away all over again. Wow, this game is going to be godly.

Jim

I have to say, the Challenge of the Gods was pretty easy. A lot of fun though. I have some good strategies for them all.
The
Get Stoned one... Let 10 Gorgons turn you to stone and survive
was intense!

Also, the Making Of and all the behinds the scenes were excellent once again. The GoW2 Making Of was pretty much one of my favs, and this is just as good. Man the SSM staff seemed quite pissed at Cory Barlog when he left. Stig really stepped up and did an awesome job. Also, best Halloween parties ever.

52club said:
I bring this up because I really hope the flow of game play in GOW III is going to be more contingent on the story, than the game play dictating the story.

III is way more fighting and action than puzzles. The puzzles are super quick and usually easy and don't mess with the flow, and not really failable unless you really suck.

Jim said:
I have to say, the Challenge of the Gods was pretty easy. A lot of fun though. I have some good strategies for them all.

Also, the Making Of and all the behinds the scenes were excellent once again. The GoW2 Making Of was pretty much one of my favs, and this is just as good. Man the SSM staff seemed quite pissed at Cory Barlog when he left. Stig really stepped up and did an awesome job. Also, best Halloween parties ever.

Does the doc go into any detail on why Cory left? Or can that info be found elsewhere? I'm curious to know his motives on his departure.

beast786

Jim said:

Agree 100%.

Have you tried the Arena stuff?

Jim

MyEpitomeCliché said:
Does the doc go into any detail on why Cory left? Or can that info be found elsewhere? I'm curious to know his motives on his departure.

He's on the doc quite a bit, even post-departure... but is pretty vague. It was about him "wanting to do something else" apparently.

beast786 said:
Have you tried the Arena stuff?
A little bit. I usually prefer pre-made challenges than ones that you can setup for yourself.

KB24 said:
Did anyone who preordered at GS get a call from them today? They called and didn't leave a message..
Yeah, I did about an hour ago. It was Ashley letting me now that there's gonna be a midnight opening and that I can come in tomorrow during the day to pay off the pre-order.

Jim

dread9 said:
Also, does anyone know if I beat the game on Chaos, it will unlock the Titan trophy?

Don't think it's possible to even play Chaos (Very Hard) until you beat Titan (Hard)... so yeah, kinda :p
If you mean if Titan (Hard) also gives you the Trophy for beating the game on any level, then yes. There isn't one specifically for Normal if I recall.

Also, I'm kinda sure I should have unlocked 2 trophies (
Kick 50 Hounds (hit circle and grab/punt them), and Blind 100 Enemies with Helios' head (hold L2 and tap triangle)
), and they didn't. For the first one,
I literally kicked 50 fire hounds in one sequence, during the fire cerebus fight... and it still didn't work.
They are minor, but those were the only ones. Anyone get those?

I have all but those 2 and 1 other
get all Godly possessions
I think.

KAOz

Short bus special
Guys and girls who completed the game, I got a trophy-question.

How super-hard is it to get the new "Hit Man" trophy?

Classic24

Banned
2zs38kx.gif

:lol got this from gamespot, its so damn cute

demolitio

You think I'd have any luck selling the signed GOW Collection at the Midnight launch for GOW 3? It's a fairly populated store and I really need money for the game, lol. Just enough to finish off my preorder should do so I'm really hoping to find a fanatic there. :lol

I can't wait til' Tuesday.

dread9

Banned
KAOz said:
Guys and girls who completed the game, I got a trophy-question.

How super-hard is it to get the new "Hit Man" trophy?
not hard, theres an item that triples your count

Also, I unlocked chaos mode by playing normal(medium) and am playing through it right now....ITS FUCKING HARD AS HELL...its chaos.

KB24

sublime085 said:
Yeah, I did about an hour ago. It was Ashley letting me now that there's gonna be a midnight opening and that I can come in tomorrow during the day to pay off the pre-order.
Thanks, I was crossing my fingers hoping my store got it early :( :lol

dread9 said:

Also, I unlocked chaos mode by playing normal(medium) and am playing through it right now....ITS FUCKING HARD AS HELL...its chaos.

Is there any reward for completing Chaos mode? Besides satisfaction that you completed it:D

Jim

dread9 said:

Hard is really hard (towards the end, holy shit), Chaos is insane. Also, Trophies are disabled when you use items/Godly Possessions or costumes. There's really only one place to do Hit-Man I think (you need respawning enemies).

Lifejumper said:
Is there any reward for completing Chaos mode? Besides satisfaction that you completed it:D
Trophies... no. Rewards, not sure.

dread9

Banned
Jim said:
Hard is really hard (towards the end, holy shit), Chaos is insane. Also, Trophies are disabled when you use items/Godly Possessions or costumes. There's really only one place to do Hit-Man I think (you need respawning enemies).

Trophies... no. Rewards, not sure.

Hitman might be done in the arena as well as the 100 times of hounds and blinding...not sure will try it out later.

I just spent 2 hours on the first poseidon boss on chaos mode, by the time you figure out exactly what combos to use, its really easy. If anyone needs help lemme know.

Truant

Anyone filthy rich have a copy of the God of War Collection of the PS3 for cheap/free? I really need to play that stuff before GoW3 comes, and I'm broke :(

JWong

Banned
Fuzzy said:
That the stores that aren't doing midnight launches will have a minimum of 25 t-shirts to give away for free.
Called up a Bestbuy. Again, retailer fail.

The guy knows nothing. NOTHING!!!

Simo

I never get a call from GameStop.

...though I did get my text telling me to pick it up 12:01am Tuesday and to show up 2 hours before. :D

soldat7 said:
God of War I has the upper hand on God of War II with regards to story. In fact, beyond the opening level of God of War II, God of War I is the better game overall.

God, where do you people get these delusions from?

Combat was deeper in the sequel. The controls for basic gameplay were more polished. Puzzles are more refined so there's none of that "spike box room" bs. The general story is about the same, though I'd give an edge to the second because of it being more interesting, both in locations and enemies/bosses.

No contest, the second game is the better of the two. The funny thing here, hopefully, is that all of this will be a moot point come Tuesday.

Simo

dread9 said:
Two Hours?! Why?

Finalize payment if you already haven't done so. I'll be showing up at 9pm though since my Gamestop store was a victim of the ultimate edition shortage and only got a few copies in that won't meet reserves, so unless I want to wait a couple more days to a week I want to make sure I get my copy.:lol

Looks like the soundtrack that comes with the ultimate edition has now been leaked..

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hmm, this arena mode that is included in the collectors editions , can someone elaborate what that is? Also any idea when they'll release ( if ) on psn?

Going by this thread, I must be one of only a few who prefers God of War 1 over 2.

Story, I dont care, but I just felt that 2 focused WAY too much on QTEs and puzzles as opposed to action.

Still absolutely adore BOTH games, but if I had to pick a favourite, it'd be 1.

I'll need to sell my GoW Collection that I imported since it's going to be coming in my Ultimate Trilogy Edition on Thursday though.

Top Bottom