• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Hyphen

Katana_Strikes said:
OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!

My Ultimate Edition is being processed by GAME!!!!!!

This is it! :D

I played the demo again for the 1st time in about a month or so and I was blown away all over again. Wow, this game is going to be godly.

Just checked mine and you're right. Love it!

Utterly pumped. Probably already posted, but Raiman HD Gaming has a HD walkthrough of the entire game on Youtube--spoilers abound though.

I watched a few clips, and between that and the Wikia, and this thread; some conflicts.

Good thing I'll be able to play for myself soon.

if I find a f'n PS3 slim to replace the 60gb :(

gillFTR

Im seriously about to fucken cry my PS3 160gb I got may of 09' is dead... a couple of days away from god of war 3...even though this was my last system to complete my trio, it was the most played. What the fuck should I do ?? :(

protonion

Just finished it on normal!
The in game clock was at 8 hours during the final battle, but I'm sure I played over 10. The length felt just right. I believe it is longer than GOW2.
I needed just 2000 orbs to max out everything and I missed two items...
I don't think I liked the ending...

Can't wait to start again tomorrow!

Guys if you thought Kratos
getting owned by Zeus was fuck awesome
wait till
you actually kill him. It's glorious.

Got the game here in SC. :D

MYE

protonion said:
Just finished it on normal!
The in game clock was at 8 hours during the final battle, but I'm sure I played over 10. The length felt just right. I believe it is longer than GOW2.
I needed just 2000 orbs to max out everything and I missed two items...
I don't think I liked the ending...

Can't wait to start again tomorrow!

Dont tell me the ending is lame :(

It has to end on a high note dammit!

gillFTR said:
Im seriously about to fucken cry my PS3 160gb I got may of 09' is dead... a couple of days away from god of war 3...even though this was my last system to complete my trio, it was the most played. What the fuck should I do ?? :(

Well...you won't get to play the game this week obviously but your system is still under warranty. Time to send it in to Sony.

MYE

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Still absolutely adore BOTH games, but if I had to pick a favourite, it'd be 1.

I'll need to sell my GoW Collection that I imported since it's going to be coming in my Ultimate Trilogy Edition on Thursday though.

You from Euroland?

Raist

Banned
Anyone in London managed to find a place to get it early?
Why does the UK have to be last when it comes to releases. I hate that country D:

SlickVic

nskinnear said:

Not really regretting going with the Regular Edition after seeing that. I was expecting the art book to be a good sized book (like Bioshock 2's), instead it looks like the mini-book design I saw in the ME2 CE. I guess there are some cool downloadable goodies (I really want to see the documentary) but as far as physical stuff, not a whole lot there besides that sweet looking pandora box. Overall, it's cool but not something I'd drop $100 on personally.

kikanny

DevelopmentArrested said:
Finally picked it up in Toronto too... try to play some tonight.
Would you care to let me know where you got it please?

Also, that comic with Kratos and Bayonetta was genuinely funny! :lol

junker

gillFTR said:
FUCK ITTT!!!! IM GONNA GO GET A NEW SLIM IM NOT WAITING ANOTHER 1-2 WEEKS. PEOPLE WILL DIE ON TUESDAY!!!!

That's what I did. My 60GB died last Thursday and I bought a Slim within 24 hours. Definitely not waiting on this shit.

joker27

Neo Member
junker said:
That's what I did. My 60GB died last Thursday and I bought a Slim within 24 hours. Definitely not waiting on this shit.
funny the same thing just happened to me, my got damn 80 gig just kicked the bucket. guess im gonna have to bleed the pockets and get a slim. figures it would happen right before the game drops

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Stig has mentioned a few times that there was more to the ending of the game that had to be cut for time but it may come back as DLC. He talked with Kotaku and said that if they do release it that it would be free. Now I want it even more. There may be some incredibly vague spoilers at the link. Most people will be totally fine but just a warning to those that are being very careful.

http://kotaku.com/5493043/if-cut-god-of-war-iii-ending-returns-as-dlc-it-would-be-free

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Going by this thread, I must be one of only a few who prefers God of War 1 over 2.

Story, I dont care, but I just felt that 2 focused WAY too much on QTEs and puzzles as opposed to action.

Still absolutely adore BOTH games, but if I had to pick a favourite, it'd be 1.

I'll need to sell my GoW Collection that I imported since it's going to be coming in my Ultimate Trilogy Edition on Thursday though.

What do you mean by too focused on QTEs exactly? There were more, sure, but there was more of everything in GOW2.

Corky said:
Hmm, this arena mode that is included in the collectors editions , can someone elaborate what that is? Also any idea when they'll release ( if ) on psn?

I would like to know that as well ?

I'm a huge GOW fan but the Ultimate edition doesn't seem worth it to me tbh.

Oozinator

Banned
Shurs said:
Are you fucking crazy?
TheShining0013-1.png

AzerPhire

For those with the game I need help on a puzzle later in the game:

I am in the labyrinth and I am at the part where I have to fill the cups with water. I have two of them filled but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the third one. I have the 'body' on the switch but can't figure how to get the water in the cup.

McLovin

So yeah I'm hyped for this game.. i saw this Sony Bravia on sale that had this insane image quality. I already have an hdtv but damn I really considered getting it just because I thought GOW3 would look insane on it :(
Oozinator said:
Is God of War III going to be the Ultimate PS3 system seller that will make it beat the 360 in total lifetime console sales ?
Man as long as I get my copy and it sells well who the fuck cares?!

rhino4evr

Oozinator said:
Is God of War III going to be the Ultimate PS3 system seller that will make it beat the 360 in total lifetime console sales ?
Will that make the game better?

Nintendo "won" this console gen a few years ago. Give it up already. The ps3 is doing just fine sales wise

AzerPhire said:

I am in the labyrinth and I am at the part where I have to fill the cups with water. I have two of them filled but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the third one. I have the 'body' on the switch but can't figure how to get the water in the cup.

Take a new perspective on things. Maybe the cup doesn't need water?

dread9

Banned
AzerPhire said:

move the staircase thingy to the right of the third cup, trigger the switch, the perspective changes and you have a way to move the body onto the cup now. It was a bit tricky for me at first but I got it now

I'm sure this has been discussed re: GOW2's ending, but uh...
why doesn't Kratos go back in time to stop himself from killing his family?
Just blind rage?

I don't mean this as a "hey you idiots, why hasn't anyone noticed this?" type of statement, it just crossed my mind when I was reading the semi-sane Kratos in GOW1 vs. completely off the deep end Kratos in 2 exchanges earlier in the thread.

KingGondo

Banned
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Just blind rage?

I don't mean this as a "hey you idiots, why hasn't anyone noticed this?" type of statement, it just crossed my mind when I was reading the semi-sane Kratos in GOW1 vs. completely off the deep end Kratos in 2 exchanges earlier in the thread.
I wouldn't read too much into GoW's story. Most people just like to see Kratos smash stuff and brutally dismember as many creatures as possible.

btkadams said:
conspiracy? my 60gb died 3 weeks ago.

Mine will die as I load the game. Happened with MGS4... I fully expect it to happen with the other game I bought a PS3 for. :(

KingGondo said:
I wouldn't read too much into GoW's story. Most people just like to see Kratos smash stuff and brutally dismember as many creatures as possible.

I thought, for some reason, that
Kratos was tied to that moment. That Gaia said something about "I've bailed your ass out, but you need to go back and step in right before he kills you.".

ghostofsparta said:
So has anyone seen that Kevin Butler commercial on TV yet?

It's funny as always but the best is the MLB 10 one for sure.

I'm going to start budgeting better on my purchases and I need to trade in either BFBC2 or FF13 =/

Impressions if anyone cares:

Pros:

- Incredible scale, amazing animations, some of the boss battles are absolutely MIND blowing. Game is so so gorgeous, especially due to some great camera work (next to Uncharted 2 - best graphics on consoles easily). Refined combat system, well tuned gameplay mechanics aka beating shit up is better than it ever was in GoW1/2 and I'm only 3 hours in!

Cons:

- Sound mix is a little wonky. Music is far too loud (options menu can fix that) but sound effects seem a little.. I don't know - weak? muted? something. Some weak textures here and there. Also, occasionally obnoxious cheap deaths already due to an erratic camera when moving backwards.

Overall , loving it - pace is great can't wait to play more.

Does anyone know if the game has a limit on how many save files you can create?

I'd like to be able to replay parts for fun. If I remember correctly, I think the first two games only let you have 4 save files?

X-Burner

Banned
DIrtyWeasel said:
Does anyone know if the game has a limit on how many save files you can create?

I'd like to be able to replay parts for fun. If I remember correctly, I think the first two games only let you have 4 save files?
Nope there is not limit. As long as you got space on your harddrive(although not much is required to save anyway.) you can make as many saves as you want :D

SlickVic

I might just make a new save at every save point. I heard this game doesn't have chapter select, so it'll make it a lot easier to replay a particularly fun bit of the game.

Dever

Banned
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Just blind rage?

Maybe he recognizes that he has indeed gone off the deep end and probably wouldn't make for a very good familyman. :p

24 HOUR, BITCHES!!!! LET THE CHAOS BEGIN!!

Oh and people who are commenting on spoilers, PLEASE COMMENT USING SPOILERS. Even if you think it's pretty vague, people might still be able to get what the hell is happening...

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Just blind rage?
1. Blind rage
2. Going back and saving his wife and kid will mean going back to serving Ares, which Mr. Kratos is not particularly fond of at the moment. Not after he witnessed the gods' treachery. He's also past the grief and regret phase.
3. He doesn't want to stop what he started, which is the complete annihilation of EVERY FUCKING THING, including Zeus himself.
Edit: Also, don't let people tell you GoW has no story/shit story. They don't know any better.

Top Bottom