• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Dogenzaka

Banned
Amir0x said:
wtf this isn't Barbie horse adventure and dress up party, who the hell cares?

KRATOS IS GOING TO KILL GODS THIS WEEK! DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND!?

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT'S GOING ON THIS WEEK!
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

nskinnear said:

If you go to your local Best Buy and pre-order God of War 3, you get $10 off the $30 GoW Collection. So it's only $20.

Amir0x

Banned
TTP said:
And I bet it's full of plot holes :p

Well, at least here there is gameplay.

how can there be plot holes? The story of God of War is about a man on a mission to find the most goretastic ways to kill people. The more he fills his blood lust, the bigger his dick grows and the more goretastical moves he can pull off.

The classic coming of age story.

Deepack said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

FUCKING IDIOTS AT GAMETRAILERS

Spoiling GoW III ending in the fucking comments for videos that have nothing to do with GoW?

I'm so fucking pissed. I have been on a media black-out for so long and they fucking spoil it with like 3 words I just glanced over. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
The people on the Playstation GDC Conference chat may have ruined the game for me too.

Audioboxer87 said:
I seen that, but I was wondering if they sell for same price in stores? I'd of thought so or else they'd at least price match website.

Either way, looks like I'll pick it up for around £18 :)

Best buy Canada has a $15 off GOW: Collection if you buy GOW3. Not sure about US though.

shagg_187 said:
Best buy Canada has a $15 off GOW: Collection if you buy GOW3. Not sure about US though.

I live in the UK!

As I said on the last page I'll be over in America in May so I was just wondering how much I could pick the collection up for.

I'm getting GoW3 this Friday :D

Audioboxer87 said:
I live in the UK!

As I said on the last page I'll be over in America in May so I was just wondering how much I could pick the collection up for.

I'm getting GoW3 this Friday :D

Order it online! :D Have you played GOW1/2 before? If not, I recommend you playing the before. But then again, you're coming to US regardless so... :)

shagg_187 said:
Order it online! :D Have you played GOW1/2 before? If not, I recommend you playing the before. But then again, you're coming to US regardless so... :)

Yeah I've completed 1/2, I just wanted the collection for the PS3 for the upscaling and fact my PS3 is a slim (no BC) :)

Feindflug

beast786 said:
Just finished the game a little more than 12 hrs.

What a fantastic ride. The making of GOW videos are amazing. :D

12hrs? wow! I finished the game today and it took me almost 10hrs at Titan mode.

The graphics are amazing...some scenes are simply jaw-dropping and definitely the most impressive thing I've seen along with Uncharted 2 this gen, also the art direction/level design is really great, the pace like in the first two games is really good and the nice puzzles/platforming are a nice break between the battles - the new weapons except the overpowered
Cestus
are cool but not that much different than the blades of athena, also the boss battles are really really impressive and most of them were a lot of fun too.

The only disappointing things in the game are the unlocked frame-rate which is really annoying IMO - going from 60fps with this awesome-looking motion blur suddenly to 30fps is really distracting, not to mention that this transition also somewhat affects the controls- I have to agree with TTP, they should've locked the frame-rate to 30fps...and the other not so good thing was the final 2 hours of the game before the final boss
(The Cavern/Daedalus Labyrinth)
which is considerably worse looking, less interesting gameplay-wise and can get really frustrating (at Titan mode at least) mainly because of some annoying game design choices.

Overall a very good sequel and a game that fans of the franchise will love.

theignoramus said:
do you have to buy some sort of special edition to get these making of videos?

No, when you beat the game you unlock the making of videos and a new costume.

NO!R

Banned
I know this may seem random but, do any of you guys know where can I get a free MP4 converter? I can't get anything onto my PSP without it.

BTW, where does Chains of Olympus stand in GOW canon?

gbovo

Amir0x said:
how can there be plot holes? The story of God of War is about a man on a mission to find the most goretastic ways to kill people. The more he fills his blood lust, the bigger his dick grows and the more goretastical moves he can pull off.

The classic coming of age story.
:lol :lol

Guys, you should know by now to not step into Gamespot/Ign/Gametrailers/N4G comments section before a big game releases. Avoid comments at all costs. Especially when you're a week away from release. There are dedicated trolls out there whose only mission is the spoil the game. Thank Zeus I didn't get spoiled so far. But a ton of people got their Heavy Rains spoilered on N4G and Gamespot.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
nskinnear said:
I believe it's the prequel to God of War.

Yes. The chronology of the GoW franchise goes like this:

* GoW: CoO
* GoW
* GoW: Betrayal
* GoW II
* GoW III

I'm not sure where the forthcoming GoW comic will fit in.

Dogenzaka

Banned
I just highlighted a spoiler tag a few moments ago totally not even realizing what I was doing, but good thing my brain caught my mistake before my eye did and I didn't get to read it before I de-highlighted ^_^

This is getting tough.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dogenzaka said:
I'm not comprehending how 30-60fps is worse than just 30fps at all times.

If you can make it smoother, why not? :l

Fluctuations are even worse than rock solid 20fps (more so if they go from 60 to 30 - Hello Fury, thanks for ruining Wipeout HD). At least you end up getting used to it, but fluctuations constantly remind you "HEY, I'M STRUGGLING HERE!"

:p

Animator

Combichristoffersen said:

* GoW
* GoW II
* GoW III

Wait what is GoW: Betrayal?

Dogenzaka

Banned
nskinnear said:
Being on the internet a week before Heavy Rain released was like traversing through a mine field (except the mines are spoilers). I had to stay off every gaming site except GAF to make sure the game wasn't spoiled. I even avoided Youtube, because people were spamming the ending in random videos. Some people are dicks.

Kratos is the Origami Killer.

Minamu

Feels so good to warm up with the GoW Collection just days before the end of all things! Beat the first game today (and that ending is so epic) & immediately started with GoW2 :D

I'm supposed to study & get some work samples ready so I can apply for some universities, but where's the time?! :lol

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Had to make a banner for our webpage, realized that someone might like it as a wallpaper.

4431036982_3024bcd311_o.jpg

I can post a 1080 one if requested

Combichristoffersen said:

* GoW
* GoW II
* GoW III

Marv Wolfman, writer of the GoW comic during an interview with IGN:

Marv Wolfman said:
The comic operates within two timelines. The present day story is firmly set between God of War 1 and 2. The flashback story starts when Kratos is 7 and is brought into the Spartan army, as Spartan children were, and continues to when he is over 30, married, and has to go on a mission to save the life of Calliope, his daughter. Events in the past completely inform the present day story.

As far as Kratos' nightmares go, without giving away too much, the entire present day story is his reaction to what happened in the first game. We don't show the nightmares but they are the reason he's after what he's after. We also get strongly involved with the Barbarian King, seen in games 1 & 2. Kratos' battle with the Barbarian is what causes him to pledge his allegiance to Ares in the first place.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Rollo Tomasi said:
Marv Wolfman, writer of the GoW comic during an interview with IGN:

So the comic is supposed to be partly pre-GoW: CoO (the flashbacks) and partly inbetween GoW and GoW II (the main story)? Sounds good.

Rikyfree

Preorder paid off! GoW3 GET! Also, if any of the team read this, please for the love of all GOD OF WAR, add new game+. It makes every game that has it sooo much better imo.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Stig and co had just swallowed their pride and locked the bitch down at 30.

gbovo

Cruzader said:
Only thing pissing me off is that Japan always gets SCEA/SCEE games released in that region and when SCEJ has an exclusive game, it rarely makes it to US/UK. BS.
It's probably because SCEJ doesn't release shit for the PS3, so they have to take anything they can get to bolster their Japanese lineup, even games that weren't made with Japanese gamers tastes in mind. While SCEA/SCEE have enough games coming out between themselves, which appeal to their region's audiences, that they can pick and choose which SCEJ games to publish or not.

Interstellar

Neo Member
If the frame rate is the same as gow1 and gow2 (variable) then that's fine. It wasn't a problem. (ps2 versions)

We'll just have to wait to the PS4 for a 1080p, 60fps locked GOW3 remix. :)

-PXG-

Avoid youtube guys. TONS of spoiler videos. I watch 'em, since it gets me even more hyped for the game. There is a lot of crazy shit in this game. Blows the first two out of the water. God of War III takes the M rating to a whole new level.

vazel

Banned
Ugh, screw you guys I'll take 60fps even if it's not constant.

Also, KRATOS KILLED DUMBLEDORE! Hahahaha suckers! *runs*

Baha

I actually went out and bought today FFXIII just so I would have something to tide me over till Tuesday/Wednesday. The wait is killing me and I've successfully avoided spoilers so far

I'm totally trading FFXIII in for 3D Dot Heroes before the end of the month

daxter01 said:
time for some impressions on grafix :
+it realy looks like painting most of the times
+fantastic character models
+impressive lighting and awesome hdr
+super smooth shadows, best on ps3
+scale
+lots of effects and shaders
- no SSAO
-MLAA is not as impressive as i imagined
-framerate, game stutters when fps goes from 40 or 50 to 30
its stunning but i still think u2 and killzone 2 are better looking games

Preference I guess...I have only played the demo and seen some of the vids...but I definitely think it looks better than both U2 and KZ2...Motion blur is better, scale is bigger, set pieces look more spectacular and character modelling is even better (KZ2 is definitely weakest of the three in this regard, not in the same bracket as the other two).

I have no doubt Jak 4 will have something to say when it revealed however (please)

slider

Thankfully I've found a retailer who is selling the GOW Collection. Gotto blaze through it before GOW 3 arrives. Tragically I never finished 2.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
slider said:
Thankfully I've found a retailer who is selling the GOW Collection. Gotto blaze through it before GOW 3 arrives. Tragically I never finished 2.
!

Do so immediately. It's by far the superior game and is actually kind of a benchmark for games of this sort. Games like Uncharted owe a lot to it, I think.

slider

Rez said:
!

Do so immediately. It's by far the superior game and is actually kind of a benchmark for games of this sort. Games like Uncharted owe a lot to it, I think.

Interesting. The real reason I've picked it up was for the story (having recently finished Chains of Olympus). About half way through the first, can't wait to get into the 2nd.

Thanks.

vazel

Banned
The second game has a weaker story but the gameplay presentation is really awesome. I even have my doubts the third game will be able to beat the second game's presentation. We shall see.

Top Bottom