• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Jim

DIrtyWeasel said:
Does anyone know if the game has a limit on how many save files you can create?

I'd like to be able to replay parts for fun. If I remember correctly, I think the first two games only let you have 4 save files?
There's a definite upper limit... I hit it in my first Hard playthrough. But it's at least 30.

I made a new save file for every save point (sometimes 2 when I had to backtrack slightly), and at the very end, I had to start overwriting. There's probably at least a slot for every unique save point in the game.

BeeDog

Sevket-Erhat said:
I wonder if God of War III have English subtitles. Most of the recent games have the option for subtitles as well

Yes, it has English subtitles. I turned them on when playing when playing the game at the Stockholm event the other day. :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
CcrooK said:
So the music. Is it as good as God of War 2? I liked the first one but though GoW2 had a better solid OST.
I'd like this answer as well. Some gameplay videos had some God of War 2 music, which was just fine by me. :D

ShinAmano said:
Going to Toys R Us tomorrow to grab a normal copy...have my 7-11 Slurpee Costume code ready to go!
You can redeem it now. I did mine yesterday... armor is already downloaded to my PS3. :D

Now if I only had a copy of GOW3 so I could use it...24 hours. :(

Grooski

Banned
Apparently Ken Feldman is a bit shitty on the 8hr rumors.

From the God of War Forums:

Hey Guys,

Reviews are awesome, we are humbled as developers. I think around 40% are perfect scores, unbelievable!!!

The one issue that has irked me is some reviewers are listing this as an 8hr game. This is not an 8 hr game, the fastest play tester on normal mode took 12 or 13 hours during the final play through - the fastest!

I have no idea why or what the motivation is to put out misinformation.

-Ken Feldman

Baker

Banned
My Ultimate Edition is prepping for shipment from Amazon. Hopefully that means it will show up before the damn 18th like previously estimated. I switched it to overnight a few weeks ago since they never gave it release date delivery.

Truant

Anyone in Norway found the God of War Collection in stores? I know some stores actually imported and sold it last year, but nothing in online retailers.

Jim

ACE 1991 said:
It'd be sweet if these are true, but I doubt that the reviewers are lying.

I was just shy of 14 hours (on the save clock), and that was on Hard. I'm sure I wasted 3+ hours on restarts though, so you have to factor those in. So it TOOK me maybe 17 hours, but the hour stamp on the save still says 14.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
ACE 1991 said:

I seriously don't care. I'd rather have an epic 8 hour game than a 25 hour game that drags on and on and on.

ACE 1991 said:
My guess is that the playtesters were not in a hurry to finish like reviewers would be. So, rush = 8 hours, no rush = 12 hours?

Guys, I am so pissed and I feel like an idiot. I put off preordering this because I didn't have the money until last Friday. Unfortunately, my $20 Amazon credit from MW2 expired on 2/28. I thought they charged you when you placed the order, but it appears they charge you when it ships or just before. So this means I could have preordered a month ago and got $20 off, right? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
CrayzeeCarl said:
Guys, I am so pissed and I feel like an idiot. I put off preordering this because I didn't have the money until last Friday. Unfortunately, my $20 Amazon credit from MW2 expired on 2/28. I thought they charged you when you placed the order, but it appears they charge you when it ships or just before. So this means I could have preordered a month ago and got $20 off, right? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow that is terrible.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
CrayzeeCarl said:

Yeah. Most retailers charge only once the items ship. Amazon is one of them.

While it's your fault, you could try pleading with an Amazon representative to apply the expired code to your order. They bend over backwards for the customer there, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they made an exception for you, but you'll have better luck talking to someone over the phone.

Violater

CrayzeeCarl said:

Man that sucks, I made sure that didn't happen to me.
It also sucks that the credit has an expiration date.

THE Caffeinated said:
It should as 3's meant to start literally where 2 ended, but you should really play 2 anyway it's much better than the first.

I said fuck it and just passed on 2 (read the wiki). I mean, I got about half-way through it but became pretty bored with the precedings. Combat didn't grab me and I think Kratos is a douchebag of a character

...still, I think GoWIII looks like a technical marvel and felt the demo played alot better than 2 (I dunno, just more satisfying), so I will be checking out III.

Oozinator

Banned
NoctisXIII said:
Nope and yellow dot is for india copies if I'm correct?
isn't it hidden under your middle finger, in the pic ?

image2ei.jpg

aristotle

Man I'm kinda worried. My GoW order hasn't even updated yet on amazon. It says it's shipping from target.com. Did everyone else's come from target? I hope I get it tomorrow. :-(

GuardianE said:
Yeah. Most retailers charge only once the items ship. Amazon is one of them.

While it's your fault, you could try pleading with an Amazon representative to apply the expired code to your order. They bend over backwards for the customer there, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they made an exception for you, but you'll have better luck talking to someone over the phone.
Thanks, I will try that. For some reason, I didn't think my $20 credit had an expiration date. I should have double-checked. I probably would have used it before it expired even if I didn't have the money. :mad:

aristotle said:
Man I'm kinda worried. My GoW order hasn't even updated yet on amazon. It says it's shipping from target.com. Did everyone else's come from target? I hope I get it tomorrow. :-(
I would be worried. Mine says it's from Amazon.com, LLC. They charged me this morning and it says "Shipping Soon."

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
aristotle said:

You ordered from a 3rd party seller, Target, on Amazon.com. Did you have the option to use PRIME or Super Saver Shipping? Your order won't ship from Amazon.

Hydrargyrus

NoctisXIII said:
Yeah at last it came :p

image2ei.jpg

is that the french version from VGP??

Why is "uniquement sur" instead of "seulement sur" like other canadian games?, it doesn't mean the same?

Has someone bought the French GOW Collection from VGP?

aristotle

CrayzeeCarl said:
I would be worried. Mine says it's from Amazon.com, LLC. They charged me this morning and it says "Shipping Soon."

Gah! Well that stinks. I hate that it switched to target instead of amazon. :-( Now there's no telling when I'll get it.

GuardianE said:
You ordered from a 3rd party seller, Target, on Amazon.com. Did you have the option to use PRIME or Super Saver Shipping? Your order won't ship from Amazon.

There was no option for me. I didn't switch it. It did it automatically. I guess amazon ran out of the UE and target was the next available seller.

kadotsu

Banned
Hydrargyrus said:
is that the french version from VGP??

Why is "uniquement sur" instead of "seulement sur" like other canadian games?, it doesn't mean the same?

Has someone bought the French GOW Collection from VGP?

PEGI Rating. Probably French PAL version.

ACE 1991

My hype level has reached critical mass. I can't wait :D

EDIT: Also, is there any definitive word on the difficulty? How easy is normal and how hard is hard?

rhino4evr

CrayzeeCarl said:

email Amazon..they may give you a sympathy credit. They do all the time, especially if you are considered a good customer.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
My order now says shipping soon but still has the march 18th date and this is with one-day shipping amazon prime.

Jim

aristotle said:
Gah! Well that stinks. I hate that it switched to target instead of amazon. :-( Now there's no telling when I'll get it.

There was no option for me. I didn't switch it. It did it automatically. I guess amazon ran out of the UE and target was the next available seller.

I'm quite sure that Amazon never does that. Not even sure it's legal. You must have ordered from Target to begin with without realizing it.
It happens, since the seller on the main product page is not always Amazon (depends on stock).

(Edit: VV Yeah, same thing :p)

aristotle

Jim said:
I'm quite sure that Amazon never does that. Not even sure it's legal. You must have ordered from Target to begin with without realizing it.

No; maybe I mistyped or something. I'm saying that when I put my order in on amazon.com, Amazon, LLC was not one of the sellers available. There was no way for me to order from Amazon, LLC directly. Target must've been that only seller after Amazon, LLC so my order is coming from Target. That's all :)

Angst

Truant said:
Anyone in Norway found the God of War Collection in stores? I know some stores actually imported and sold it last year, but nothing in online retailers.
Platekompaniet has it on their website, although it says out of stock. Why don't you just import it yourself from VGP?

I ordered it on vgp a couple of weeks ago on a friday and got it in my hands in Oslo on the monday after the weekend. And no "tollgebyr" either:D

rhino4evr

aristotle said:
No; maybe I mistyped or something. I'm saying that when I put my order in on amazon.com, Amazon, LLC was not one of the sellers available. There was no way for me to order from Amazon, LLC directly. Target must've been that only seller after Amazon, LLC so my order is coming from Target. That's all :)

sometimes...even with pre-orders Amazon LLC allows other merchants to fill orders...the only problem with this is that those merchants usually have different processing times. Which means you could be waiting a little longer..or not depending on how Target fills the order.

Lince

Banned
just got e-mail confirmation that my Trilogy Edition copy is in stock but they won't be shipping it until Wednesday following Sony request not to break street date with this game. Oh well, I still have to unwrap my FFXIII Collectors Edition :lol (I blame Battlefield)

-PXG-

Debating whether or not to go to the midnight launch tonight. If not, I'm just going to pick it up first thing in the morning.

Denzar

Jim said:
I was just shy of 14 hours (on the save clock), and that was on Hard. I'm sure I wasted 3+ hours on restarts though, so you have to factor those in. So it TOOK me maybe 17 hours, but the hour stamp on the save still says 14.
Does playing it on hard the first time break the pacing?

Top Bottom