• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Definity said:
God of War noob here...(please don't hit me). How lost will I be if I jump right into part 3?
Get the collection, it's $30. Consider the longer wait for GoW 3 as punishment for not playing I and II yet. :lol

Definity said:
God of War noob here...(please don't hit me). How lost will I be if I jump right into part 3?

Why would you even consider doing that when the GOW Collection is out there. Just buy that, it's only $30 for 2 of the best PS2 games ever.

Tucah

you speak so well
Still undecided about going at midnight - on one hand, I can't fucking wait for this game. On the other, I still have to get up at 7 tomorrow for work. Decisions, decisions.

Dave1988

Definity said:

This will fill you in...

Kratos hates everything and everyone therefore he will kill everything and everyone.

There, GoW's story in a nutshell.

Jubs

How reliable is Amazon release-day shipping? Mine is saying that it's only being prepared to ship. Figured it'd be on its way already, with tomorrow being release day and all.

Baker

Banned
Jubs said:
How reliable is Amazon release-day shipping? Mine is saying that it's only being prepared to ship. Figured it'd be on its way already, with tomorrow being release day and all.
It's fine. I've had orders listed as "still prepping" by the time I was off work and they still showed up the next day.

You're more at the mercy of UPS. I have never had a game show up late, but at least three release date blurays have.

ACE 1991

Jim said:
I was just shy of 14 hours (on the save clock), and that was on Hard. I'm sure I wasted 3+ hours on restarts though, so you have to factor those in. So it TOOK me maybe 17 hours, but the hour stamp on the save still says 14.

Gotcha. Can you comment on how difficult your found hard compared to the other games? GoW I was a bitch (at least for me) on normal difficulty, whereas GoW II was a bit of a cakewalk on normal difficulty. I'm curious where III stands.

Definity said:

Go read wikipedia if you want story summaries.
But everyone else is pretty much right -- you should go get the collection and play them first.

Filldough

AgentOtaku said:
Combat didn't grab me and I think Kratos is a douchebag of a character

I have a feeling you're going to LOVE GOW3. They completely changed the combat just for you and Kratos now has a side story that involves raising kittens. One of them dies though and it makes Kratos cry, its really touching. Oh and if you're a fan of tickle fights, holy shit does GOW3 deliver!!

Oozinator said:
isn't it hidden under your middle finger, in the pic ?

Nope.

Hydrargyrus said:
is that the french version from VGP??

Why is "uniquement sur" instead of "seulement sur" like other canadian games?, it doesn't mean the same?

Has someone bought the French GOW Collection from VGP?

It's the french EU version.

CrayzeeCarl said:
Guys, I am so pissed and I feel like an idiot. I put off preordering this because I didn't have the money until last Friday. Unfortunately, my $20 Amazon credit from MW2 expired on 2/28. I thought they charged you when you placed the order, but it appears they charge you when it ships or just before. So this means I could have preordered a month ago and got $20 off, right? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazon is so awesome. They have already refunded $20 to my bank account! :D :D :D

Jim

Deepack said:
Does playing it on hard the first time break the pacing?

Well, there are a few scenes where you'll definitely get stuck, and maybe for much longer than a few minutes. It was oh so satisfying to finish though. Normal feels so easy now.

ACE 1991 said:
Gotcha. Can you comment on how difficult your found hard compared to the other games? GoW I was a bitch (at least for me) on normal difficulty, whereas GoW II was a bit of a cakewalk on normal difficulty. I'm curious where III stands.

My perception of the difficulties are tainted now, but Normal feels like a nice comfortable level of difficulty, as it should. Hard definitely kicks your ass now and then, and can get frustrating in particular scenes (3 or 4 stand out to me) until you develop some specific strategies.

Filldough said:
I have a feeling you're going to LOVE GOW3. They completely changed the combat just for you and Kratos now has a side story that involves raising kittens. One of them dies though and it makes Kratos cry, its really touching. Oh and if you're a fan of tickle fights, holy shit does GOW3 deliver!!

Sounds awesome!

KB24

Dave1988 said:
This will fill you in...

Kratos hates everything and everyone therefore he will kill everything and everyone.

:lol Hilarious, but so true.

Jim said:
Well, there are a few scenes where you'll definitely get stuck, and maybe for much longer than a few minutes. It was oh so satisfying to finish though. Normal feels so easy now.
Thanks, I was wondering this as well. I think I'll go with Hard now.

I had to preorder my Ultimate Edition from Best Buy (online) with no in-store pick up. I got expedited shipping though so hopefully it gets to me by Wednesday.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dave1988 said:
This will fill you in...

Which is why I like it, there is no kingdom to save, no princess or child or anything. The game is just pure rage.

FYI guys, my store got the last of its Ultimate Editions- all reservations fullfilled, so give your store a call. This looks to be incredibly limited too.

dread9

Banned
Anyone run into any glitches? In my first playthrough I ran into about 3, 1 of which made me restart from the checkpoint. I remember running into one with the sisters of fate in gow2, the bitch would never die!

aristotle

Awesome amazon says my "target sold" GoW UE is shipping soon. Looks like I will get it tomorrow :-D. Too bad I have to work tomorrow. I really wish games would get released on Fridays already.

chubigans said:
Epic music time!

One of my favorite tracks from GOWII:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUU3KQSebBk

And my all time favorite GOW track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L09rqYVFxTk
My all time favorite track is still the original GoW theme which plays during the credits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3S24ByzzTg

GoW 2 had amazing tracks too, but GoW 1 has more varied music including drums, beats and vocals. For example, the Hydra track. That for me makes GoW 1 more awesome :D

SlickVic

Jubs said:

Nope, this is completely normal. They use Next Day Saver with either FedEx or UPS and ship it out the day before, probably to ensure people get the game on release and not earlier (which might piss off the publisher). You may not even get a shipping email till late tonight which is no big deal. Assuming UPS/FedEx aren't dealing with any weather delays, you will get it tomorrow.

LosDaddie

Banned
Definity said:

While I agree with others that you should pick up the GoW Collection, all you need to know is that Kratos is a bad motherfucker who kills everyone and everything in his path. Oh and Kratos is a Spartan, ya know, like those badass soldiers in 300.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Just finished the game and all I can say is that I am simply blown away. I highly recommend watching the making of as soon as you finish the game. It makes you appreciate all the work put into it.

El-Suave

Gamestop.com shipped my US Ultimate Edition - should be here in Germany Wednesday or Thursday.

Now I can cancel my even more overpriced Euro Trilogy preorder.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Square Triangle said:
FYI guys, my store got the last of its Ultimate Editions- all reservations fullfilled, so give your store a call. This looks to be incredibly limited too.

How many did your store get?

Blablurn

El-Suave said:
Gamestop.com shipped my US Ultimate Edition - should be here in Germany Wednesday or Thursday.

Now I can cancel my even more overpriced Euro Trilogy preorder.

did you pay with CreditCard? how much was shipping?

El-Suave

Blablurn said:
did you pay with CreditCard? how much was shipping?

Yes, I paid with credit card. The only shipping option was UPS for $25. Import duties will be added as well, but it's still a lot cheaper than the Euro Trilogy would have been considering I already have the GoW Collection.

Blablurn

El-Suave said:
Yes, I paid with credit card. The only shipping option was UPS for $25. Import duties will be added as well, but it's still a lot cheaper than the Euro Trilogy would have been considering I already have the GoW Collection.

i see. ok, guess i stick to the german normal editon after all.

I still can't decide if I am going to buy this......

I didn't really have that much fun with the GoW collection. Hell I never even beat the first one little on as played the 2nd.

I might give them a go again tonight but for some reason it's just not my style.

ACE 1991

MidnightRider said:
I still can't decide if I am going to buy this......

I didn't really have that much fun with the GoW collection. Hell I never even beat the first one little on as played the 2nd.

I might give them a go again tonight but for some reason it's just not my style.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy this then. The core gameplay hasn't really changed much, which I'm personally super glad about.

ACE 1991 said:
My hype level has reached critical mass. I can't wait :D

EDIT: Also, is there any definitive word on the difficulty? How easy is normal and how hard is hard?

Omg change your avatar... I called dibs on it in the first page. :(

Dogenzaka

Banned
ACE 1991 said:
It'd be sweet if these are true, but I doubt that the reviewers are lying.

The reviewers might not be lying, they just rushed through the thing in one night.

Welp... Dogenzaka incoming.

No, I agree with neorej :p

Though, I would prefer an epic 25 hour game over an epic 8 hour game. Somehow some people still think that longer always equates to worse.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
Dave1988 said:
This will fill you in...

:lol :lol

Can't wait for this game!! I love GOW even though the story kinda sucks and Kratos is such a boring character for someone who's supposed to be a badass antihero.

Top Bottom