• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Is the game's sound seem really low for anyone? I have to crank it up a few notches for it to be reasonable.

Also I didn't want the opening credits to end. Just amazing.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
chubigans said:
I'm not highlighting that Combichristoffersen, but you should know the last guy that posted blacked out game ending spoilers in the Heavy Rain thread before the game was out was permabanned.

And rightfully so. Who the hell wants to know that NOW?

Exactly why I warned people of the spoilerific nature of the post. If you won't want to spoil the ending, don't highlight the black line. Simple as that.

As for who wants to know.. I do? I always read up on plots of movies, books and games on Wikipedia before I watch/read/play them.

Jim

GuardianE said:
That's really not the point. It doesn't belong here.

And it's not actually correct... And for the new page, please no more ending discussion unless you've actually beaten the game please.

Combichristoffersen said:
Feel free to believe me or not, but the ending's been up on YouTube for a few days already.

Just because they are out there doesnt mean its ok to post them here. Lots of people here didnt see the GameTrailers review precisely because they have a reputation of spoiling a lot of stuff. If people want spoilers they know the usual places where they can find them. I dont think we should be tempting people by posting spoilers in the Official Thread before the game is even out, even if they are blacked out.

Just my opinion.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
As for who wants to know.. I do? I always read up on plots of movies, books and games on Wikipedia before I watch/read/play them.

So, you know. You've accomplished your baffling ritual of ruining things for yourself before experiencing a piece of entertainment media. No one else wants to know.

Smokey

Yeah I'm bailing out until I complete this, later !

not a GOW spoiler of any kind below btw

I will try and stay away lol

Feel free to believe me or not, but the ending's been up on YouTube for a few days already.

If you want to post spoilers go make a spoilers/plot discussion thread. Keep it out of the official thread, the game isn't even out until Friday in the UK.

RavenFox

Banned
No joke. I watched the ending on YouTube. That's what happens.

More explicit version, do not read unless you want to spoil the ending.

F U!! Why are you posting that shit in here? When the game is released then we will have a spoiler thread for all that stuff...Oh wait one exist already
F it I'm out
AbandonThread.gif

Dogenzaka

Banned
Smokey said:
Yeah I'm bailing out until I complete this, later !

I will try and stay away lol

When people do stuff like make spoiler tags that don't actually have spoilers in them, it's confusing as to what's okay to highlight or not sometimes.

Regardless, out of here. Bye! Lol

Smokey

Dogenzaka said:
When people do stuff like make spoiler tags that don't actually have spoilers in them, it's confusing as to what's okay to highlight or not sometimes.

Regardless, out of here. Bye! Lol

Well you can tell from the rest of my post that what is blacked out isn't really a spoiler.

At least that's how I determine if something is going to be spoiled or not..by the context of the post.

Combichristoffersen

I'm sorry if I spoiled the ending for anyone of you, that was obviously not my intention. I'll go back and edit my posts. Can we be friends again? :'(

Let's rather talk about why Zeus' beard looks so shitty in GoW III.

Pistolero said:
Ridiculously bad movie ! o O

You.. you take that back :mad:

Baker

Banned
Amazon just shipped my Ultimate Edition and claims it will show up tomorrow. It's nice not seeing that March 18 estimate on the screen anymore.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Smokey said:
Well you can tell from the rest of my post that what is blacked out isn't really a spoiler.

At least that's how I determine if something is going to be spoiled or not..by the context of the post.

I've been fooled before. :lol

I usually wait for a few posts to show up. If no one replies with "FUUUUUU SPOILERS!!!" then I find it's safe to highlight.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
AzerPhire said:
You people have to stop highlighting spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled whether you think it is a real or not.
This is the last I will comment on this (to clarify the issue, Jim).

The original poster hinted at a "gusytmove" which was replied with something that isn't necessarily true. Then the real endgame spoiler was replied in spoiler format. The way he responded I thought the spoiler would say "Kratos kills dudes" or some dumb joke spoiler. Hence the need for it to never have been posted. I'm more passionate this time because I was unecessarily spoiled whether it's true or not.

And now I will call my GS to see if they got the UE in. See you guys after I get the game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can't wait for the game. Good thing I finished Heavy Rain so I can play this game (...along with FFXIII and Resonance of Fate).

I'll be getting it in our local shop today (today is March 16, but in NA I believe it's March 15).

Smokey said:
You slippin'

I picked it up in January and then Mass Effect 2 came out. Lately MLB 10 has been taking up most of my time but I will be playing the GOW games again starting later tonight. I'll pick this one up when I finish those 2.

Combichristoffersen

GuardianE said:
I think general consensus is around 15+ hours your first time? I don't remember too well.

15-18 hours the first time through, depending on how much time you spend searching every nook and cranny for phoenix feathers, gorgon eyes, red orb chests and general secrets.

To those who have played through, how necessary was the "rumble when there are secrets near" feature? I don't have a DS3 and I'm wondering how much I'll miss by not having rumble when I play.

Rengoku

corrosivefrost said:
To those who have played through, how necessary was the "rumble when there are secrets near" feature? I don't have a DS3 and I'm wondering how much I'll miss by not having rumble when I play.

You mean the rumble when you use the Helios head? Its not really necessary, as long as you keep an eye out for sparkling gold dust and a sort of blurry haze effect, its usually a good indicator that something's hidden there.

Filldough said:
I have a feeling you're going to LOVE GOW3. They completely changed the combat just for you and Kratos now has a side story that involves raising kittens. One of them dies though and it makes Kratos cry, its really touching. Oh and if you're a fan of tickle fights, holy shit does GOW3 deliver!!
Come on. SPOILERS Dammit!

The Chef

Being that this is the "theoretical" last game in the GOW universe I am surprised / disappointed that Gametrailers didn't do a retrospective.

Rengoku said:
You mean the rumble when you use the Helios head? Its not really necessary, as long as you keep an eye out for sparkling gold dust and a sort of blurry haze effect, its usually a good indicator that something's hidden there.

Yeah, I'm just afraid that not having the rumble will make me spam it EVERYWHERE, which will ruin the experience of the game from there on. :(

To answer the question earlier directing toward me, we got 28 of the Ultimate reserves and over 100 for the regular. Though it may seem small, that is a ton considering our clientele is all PS2 and bargain bin 360.

Rengoku

corrosivefrost said:
Yeah, I'm just afraid that not having the rumble will make me spam it EVERYWHERE, which will ruin the experience of the game from there on. :(

Nah, you'll be fine. The sparkling dust in the air is the indicator, after that, its just a matter of scanning that tiny spot with the helios head. No need to spam ;)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So yeah, I was gonna wait on this but I got a nice little bonus from work for being a good boy so I'll be making my purchase tonight. Hopefully my local gamestop will be doing a midnight launch thing so I can be playing some GOD OF WAR tonight.
Between this and BC2 and Perfect Dark I'm set for awhile. Good stuff.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
SPOILERS RAWR (somewhere near the end)

The whole inside Kratos' head idea at the end of the game sounds like a great idea but it kind of hurt the pacing for me a bit. The Zeus face pummeling in first person redeemed it though.

Also, HOW EPIC WAS THE SIDE-SCROLLING ZEUS BATTLE? Fuck me I loved that part.

Midnight tonight! Woo!

I am finishing up playing GoW2 on hard after not playing it for years, lets just say I have been getting my ass beat constantly, never got stuck but its been tough. Now I am wondering how to play. Did someone say this games normal is harder than past games normal. At the same time I did just get through GoW2 on hard so stepping down might be a shock. What to do, huge decision.

Rengoku said:
Nah, you'll be fine. The sparkling dust in the air is the indicator, after that, its just a matter of scanning that tiny spot with the helios head. No need to spam ;)

Thanks -- unnecessary 3rd controller confirmed. No DS3 for me. :)

Salazar said:
I get paid on Thursday.
This comes out on Thursday.
Kate Winslet is single again.

Things are really looking up for me.

Ewww. I actually thinks she is still married.

[EDIT: Nevermind, its on frontpage MSN. I stand corrected.]

Top Bottom