• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Dogenzaka said:
So far I'm feeling that God of War 2's level design and style was a bit more intuitive or interesting, but I've still got a while to go (just got passed the demo area).
i felt the same about first 50% of god of war 3 but it gets a lots better in the second half:D

anddo0

Just a few hours way now. It's sad that I have to cancel my ultimate edition. I just can't justify that price after seeing what's in the box... FFXIII and Kratos hell yeah!:D

Kagari said:
Whew
just killed Helios... wow this level is a lot different from the demo.
No kidding. I just sat there with a big grin on my face, it was SO, SO well done! I can't believe I still have 9 hours to go!

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I wonder what Santa Monica Studios next projects will look like considering their first PS3 game blew the competition out of the water.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, seems like the Ultimate Edition isn't worth it. I'll probably cancel my order and use the money saved to buy Metro 2033 instead along with GoWIII.

RavenFox

Banned
Dogenzaka said:
what competition
:lol well said
dark10x said:
Hmm, seems like the Ultimate Edition isn't worth it. I'll probably cancel my order and use the money saved to buy Metro 2033 instead along with GoWIII.
Different strokes-different folks etc I bought the ultimate, but let me know how Metro is when you get it buddy. I'm planning on PC version.

Dogenzaka

Banned
So I spent from like 12:30 AM to 6:30 AM playing this game, and decided I'd try to go to bed.

Now I miss it so much I want to just start playing it again.....but sleep :( and I can't afford to turn completely nocturnal but ahhhh--yes...yes Kratos...I understand...I will help you seek your vengeance immediately o_o *turns on PS3*

rhino4evr

as usual, the majority of GAF will have beaten GoW3 multiple times before I am even finished with the first stage.

You guys are ravenous. LOL. Chill out and enjoy the game...why try and beat it in one sitting?

VariantX04

rhino4evr said:
as usual, the majority of GAF will have beaten GoW3 multiple times before I am even finished with the first stage.

You guys are ravenous. LOL. Chill out and enjoy the game...why try and beat it in one sitting?
God of War 3 to me wouldn't have been the same playing in small chunks. Pacing takes a hit and you're taken out of the experience.

rhino4evr

AgentWhiskersX said:
God of War 3 to me wouldn't have been the same playing in small chunks. Pacing takes a hit and you're taken out of the experience.

Really? Could you not say that about all games? I'm pretty sure you were just having so much fun, you could not stop playing.

Im going to do my best to make those 8-10 hours last...we probably wont have another God of War game in a LONG time.

VariantX04

rhino4evr said:
Really? Could you not say that about all games? I'm pretty sure you were just having so much fun, you could not stop playing.

Im going to do my best to make those 8-10 hours last...we probably wont have another God of War game in a LONG time.
Well that's how I played the biggest games this generation and I have no regrets. Games I took my time with never really clicked with me by the end. It just felt forced. Different strokes I guess.

kikanny

Picking it up after work today. AHH 8 hours to go! I don't know why you guys are beating the game so fast. I would like to savor the game and try to make it last as much as possible.

LosDaddie

Banned
Picking up this badboy after work & the gym today. Hopefully the wife goes to bed early so I can get in a solid hour or two of gametime.

rhino4evr

AgentWhiskersX said:
Well that's how I played the biggest games this generation and I have no regrets. Games I took my time with never really clicked with me by the end. It just felt forced. Different strokes I guess.
That's really a strange way to view things. You don't read a novel in one sitting do you?

Personally as hard as it is to stop playing a great game, looking forward to playing it again is part of the fun for me.

RavenFox

Banned
rhino4evr said:
Naughty Gods?
I'm sure he meant the outside not the inside.
LosDaddie said:
Picking up this badboy after work & the gym today. Hopefully the wife goes to bed early so I can get in a solid hour or two of gametime.
Is that you in your avatar Mr. Muscles
no GAF I don't date guys
lol

LosDaddie said:

Think like Kratos dude. Wear her out, earn some orbs, and then spend them upgrading your weapons in-game.

VariantX04

rhino4evr said:
That's really a strange way to view things. You don't read a novel in one sitting do you?

Personally as hard as it is to stop playing a great game, looking forward to playing it again is part of the fun for me.
Some novels are impossible for me to complete in one sitting but the more I read in one sitting the better I have a grasp on things and I like it this way.

I read every Scott Pilgrim book in one sitting and it was a blast through and through. But they're pretty short anyway.

bulovski

Neo Member
Halfway through - I think - been playing on and off from yesterday. Boss fights are frikking amazing. L3+R3 - still gives me shivers.

What astounds me is how the gameplay has held up since GOW1. I was playing the GOW collection just before this and there's hardly any change in the basics.

Now I need to wear my GOW3 t-shirt and go scare some kids :D

Lince

Banned
just got e-mail confirmation that my order shipped! (PAL Collectors Edition) and it comes with a free Kratos figure \o/
no word though for the Trilogy Edition... yes I bought both versions.

DihcarEM

Lince said:
just got e-mail confirmation that my order shipped! (PAL Collectors Edition) and it comes with a free Kratos figure \o/
no word though for the Trilogy Edition... yes I bought both versions.

Cool, keep the box and all it's content. Sell the regular copy that comes with the trilogy box, still wrapped in plastic and keep the collector's edition.

Ezahn

How does it compare to Bayonetta?

I'd expect the combat system to be less exquisite and complex but the overall impact to hit with more punch, so to say. ^^

Am I far from truth?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Gonna pick up the Ultimate Edition in about an hour from BB. Im off work today, so I will be covering myself in blood and epic titties for the next 10 hours. Cheers! :D

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Probably grabbing this on the way home today. Haven't played much of the first two but the videos of this one look so epic.

zoukka

Ezahn said:

I'd expect the combat system to be less exquisite and complex but the overall impact to hit with more punch, so to say. ^^

Am I far from truth?

Bayonetta = DMC clone: good and deep combat, everything else a big meh.
God of War = Immense production values that show in audiovisual department, fun and satisfying combat, somewhat varied level design and a stupid but entertaining story.

SuperSonic1305 said:
The artbook is hardcover. Where did people get the idea that it was thin and flimsy?

Maybe not flimsy, but it's certainly thin on top of the page size being very small. People were expecting something more along the lines of the Bioshock 2 art book (a full-size hardcover book) and not a book that could fit within the dimensions of a BD/DVD case.

zoukka

Y2Kev said:
Is the Kratos model like the most detailed action game model ever?

9jdowm.gif

yes.

I just went to the gameshop and demanded they give me a call when they have the game delivered. Hope I will get this tomorrow, instead of friday.

LowParry

Ezahn said:

Am I far from truth?

Hrm. From what I've played so far, GoW3 has already topped my expectations of the game. That said, it's a damn fine looking ride (not ass). Don't really care for Bayonetta to be honest. Though having both if you are an action game junky would definitely be a golden era of action games to own.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I decided to take a snapshot showing this part that I thought looked real. The lighting and all that is very impressive. It didn't turn out well since it looks even better on my Plasma but I will post anyways.....

4437638899_fa8e0f3d30_b.jpg

That bright light on the right is not flash, it's this crack that looks more defined and pronounced on my TV but the camera didn't capture it. Great HDR going on.

Y2Kev said:
Is the Kratos model like the most detailed action game model ever?
His in-game model is more detailed than the CG models in FF13 :lol :lol

Top Bottom