• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
LiquidMetal14 said:
I decided to take a snapshot showing this part that I thought looked real. The lighting and all that is very impressive. It didn't turn out well since it looks even better on my Plasma but I will post anyways.....

4437638899_fa8e0f3d30_b.jpg

That bright light on the right is not flash, it's this crack that looks more defined and pronounced on my TV but the camera didn't capture it. Great HDR going on.

His in-game model is more detailed than the CG models in FF13 :lol :lol
stunning
hades realm
is the best looking part of the game

Ezahn

I found Bayonetta extremely, uselessly silly at first. But playing through it... I learned to cherish the action-game love that went into it. And the limited edition strategy guide is another work of love.

God of War 3 seems more immediately palatable to western eyes, more "in your (beaten to pulp) face.
The combat in the demo seemed really "heavy" (and I don't have a Dualshock 3, only an old PS3 controller without vibrations) as feedback was concerned, less graceful but with more strong impact.
I don't know about the combo system, that (with dodge offset, hands-feet weapon system...) was something Kamiya got extremely well with Bayonetta.

mattfabs

Just picked up a game, and the Dualshock 3. Quick charging question. I am at the office now with my new DS3. It looks like my Blackberry wall charger fits into the DS3. Will this charge my DS3? Just curious. I plugged it in, hit th PS# button, the lights flashed red, then went out. Any info is appreciated.

Rengoku

mattfabs said:
Just picked up a game, and the Dualshock 3. Quick charging question. I am at the office now with my new DS3. It looks like my Blackberry wall charger fits into the DS3. Will this charge my DS3? Just curious. I plugged it in, hit th PS# button, the lights flashed red, then went out. Any info is appreciated.

As far as I know, the dualshock 3 controller lights need to keep flashing red for it to charge, if it goes out, then its not charging.

Cruzader

Banned
mattfabs said:
It wont work. I have a wall USB charger(generic kind) and instead of charging my DS3, it drained the battery. Im guessing its b/c it needs a certain voltage and if the USB wall outlet thing doesnt supply enough, it wont do anything. I would just get a USB cable and plugin it to your PC.

NeoUltima

Fuck you Amazon.

This is the only free day I have until Friday.

And of course, now I can't even cancel the order and go to gamestop cause its "shipping soon".

Frodo-Teabaggins said:
Come onnnn delivery man, hurry up and bring my copy.
Man, there was a UPS truck on my street (cul-de-sac) around 10 EST. I got so excited, but alas, he only had a package for someone else. :(

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Anybody else having trouble with holding a button down for any part of the game? I never had this problem with any other game, but when i hold down R1 to open a chest or just X to glide with the Icarus wings, it takes like 5 times for it to finally work, and i have to hold the button down HARD. It cancels out mid way.

i tried shutting off my other bluetooth devices (keyboard, headset) and it went fucking NUTS on me. Like i turned on the turbo button. Restarted the PS3 and im still having the same problems. Only thing that seems to work is having it plugged into the USB while playing.

Again, i tried with other games and this is the only game that does this. Can't tell you how many times i died trying to glide over a platform area and falling in. :(

Cruzader

Banned
striKeVillain! said:
Amazon botched my order - won't be receiving until tomorrow. :(

Will just have to play Uncharted 2 and FIFA10 tonight.
Do you guys think its because of the demand or something? My copy is now coming on friday. Normally any order that I place, ships over night. For instance, BC2, it shipped and got on release date even when I had it for Standard 3-5 day shipping. This sucks.

And yes, even when it ships overnight, the game sits in a warehouse near my town for like 12 hours and gets delivered around 4-5 PM EST. I hate that.

Cruzader said:
And yes, even when it ships overnight, the game sits in a warehouse near my town for like 12 hours and gets delivered around 4-5 PM EST. I hate that.

That's the worst part. Freakin' UPS like 20 or so blocks from me has the thing by 5 AM but I don't receive it until 3PM-6PM:lol WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG

ZeroRay

Net_Wrecker said:
That's the worst part. Freakin' UPS like 20 or so blocks from me has the thing by 5 AM but I don't receive it until 3PM-6PM:lol WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG

Hell, the Fedex office is like 4 blocks away from me and I still won't get it until 3. :lol

best buy has the game ready for me to pick up. after work and school i will be putting in at least a few hours with this game.

i bought a ps3 with this game in mind about 3 years ago and the day has finally arrived. i'm very excited, especially with all the comments about the graphics. i even thought the demo looked fantastic so i'm eager to see the improvements first hand.

mattfabs said:

You can use a standard usb mini (the same kind you use on your PS3) chord to charge it via any computer, i believe the sony usb drivers are out on the internet somewhere, I know i did this back a few years ago.

AzerPhire

NeoUltima said:
Fuck you Amazon.

This is the only free day I have until Friday.

And of course, now I can't even cancel the order and go to gamestop cause its "shipping soon".

Buy the game from Best Buy/Gamestop/wherever and when your Amazon copy comes in return to wherever you bought the first copy from.

Problem solved.

robot

Picked it up thanks to the Toys R Us $20 giftcard promo. It'll have to wait until FF13 is finished though. Gonna be a tough wait.

Baha

anonymousAversa said:
You can use a standard usb mini (the same kind you use on your PS3) chord to charge it via any computer, i believe the sony usb drivers are out on the internet somewhere, I know i did this back a few years ago.

You don't need the drivers to charge the controller, only for using them with the PC so hooking it via USB is fine. In fact anything with a USB port can charge the DS3, like my DVR :D

Simo

Picked up my copy of the ultimate edition last night..err.. this morning at the midnight launch at GameStop. Pretty small turn out with around 15-20 people there but turned out to be most than other GS stores in the area, so when I got back I ended up playing until past 2am before heading to bed. Awesome stuff.:D

I'm glad I got the ultimate edition too. Pandora's Box is nicely sculpted with the inside lined in felt that also had a felt divide shelf that separates the artbook and game. The artbook is quite nice too that given it size it has a ton of artwork, much more so compared to other similar books that came with the Mass Effect 2 LE and Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition.

Got the game from Gamestop midnight launch. There were around 30-35 people. I've also pre-ordered from Amazon but couldn't wait. :p

So far the game looks brilliant. Played more than an hours or so. Can't wait to play it when I get back home :D

g0est

I just defeated
Poseidon
and while the character models looks absolutely incredible, I want to know if the level textures look less "shiny" sometime soon. It's like someone smeared all of the rocks with grease and it's really distracting.

XHPrime

I got my copy from Amazon this morning and only ordered it yesterday. I'd be surprised if it was an issue of too much demand probably just a shipping error to wherever the shipping hub is that supplies you.

Just got my copy! Can't wait to get home and play. I got mine at Best Buy in Richmond Hill Canada. I snagged a nice t-shirt they were giving away as well. It's cool, no pre-order , or midnight launch silliness. Just walked in picked up a copy and got myself a shirt. That's how I buy my games, and I always get them first day. Never got into this pre-order stuff. I never see the point.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Jumping is a bit borked in this one. There's a few jumps I've encountered already where it just seems to ignore that I double-jumped, unless I start the whole jump a certain distance away from the edge, rather than allowing me to go right to the edge like used to work in the previous games. There's a couple of jumps in Hades in particular which just seem to slap you into the pit below if you don't start the double-jump at just the right place. Infuriating, but at least you can compensate for it.

Other than that, fantastic stuff so far. Love the new grappling moves.

kaskade

I ordered my copy last night from amazon. It shipped out at 8pm and will be at my house by 4:30 pm according to FedEx. Not bad since I have work today, nice present when I get home. :D

Zabka

Amazon delayed my order too, but my shipping estimate is still for today. Same day delivery is an option in Manhattan, so I have my fingers crossed.

vMaxx

Y2Kev said:
How did they do this? What the fuck. It looks like CG. It is impeccable. I am blown away. All other games have been shat on from great height. Like even uncharted 2 is crying in the corner. I am so blown away I was blown back to where I was previously blown from.
EXACTLY!!!!

Angelcurio

Amazon delayed my order too. I payed for release day delivery, and they sent me an email this morning telling me that my order wouldnt ship on time. In their page it still lists the game as being delivered today.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
mr_nothin said:
ANYBODY?!!?
I'll find out in a few hours but someone tell me!

Liquid's post back on page 34 pretty much acts as a response:

LiquidMetal14 said:
The visuals, all the screenshots you've seen are not bullshots. This MLAA really makes the game look peerless. Even if some screens are blurry, it is due to the motion blur. Things look unbelievable in motion. The screens of Kratos fighting the enemies in
Hades
are direct feed. Everything looks better than the screens even look. Amazing.

ElyrionX

I got caught up in the hype and just bought it. But I don't have high hopes for it given the fact that I didn't particularly enjoyed GoW2. In fact, I'm going to leave it on the shelf for now and go to bed. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow night or over the weekend. :lol

reKon

Banned
ElyrionX said:
I got caught up in the hype and just bought it. But I don't have high hopes for it given the fact that I didn't particularly enjoyed GoW2. In fact, I'm going to leave it on the shelf for now and go to bed. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow night or over the weekend. :lol

you really didn't enjoy that game? It was loads of fun!

Top Bottom