• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

ElyrionX

reKon said:
you really didn't enjoy that game? It was loads of fun!

It was fun for a while but it kind of dragged on for too long. Also, the combat engine was dull as fuck. I didn't expect to be buying GoW3 though. I really am a sucker when it comes to hyped games that review well. I buy almost all of them.

kaskade

Ok so the fedex guy just delivered the game for me at work instead of my house. Now I'm sitting here staring at the game for the next 4.5 hours.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
kaskade said:
Ok so the fedex guy just delivered the game for me at work instead of my house. Now I'm sitting here staring at the game for the next 4.5 hours.

A lunch break is calling you. A 12 hour lunch break.

ElyrionX said:
It was fun for a while but it kind of dragged on for too long. Also, the combat engine was dull as fuck. I didn't expect to be buying GoW3 though. I really am a sucker when it comes to hyped games that review well. I buy almost all of them.
I actually agree that it dragged on a little long. Subsequent playthroughs just felt like they took forEVER. Awesome otherwise :)

kaskade said:
i have 4 hours to go before i go pick it up at Best buy. i hope there is a major fuck up where they give me Ultimate Edition but pay for Standard version *PRAYS* :lol ;(

Snaku

Banned
Well the UPS guy should be showing up with my game in the next hour as usual. I've been on a media blackout since the first trailer, so I'll be playing this with near virgin eyes. This game has been a long time coming, and I can't wait to finally murder the Olympians.

See you guys after the game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My friends were over at my house until 4 AM watching me play. I promised that I'd wait for them to start it up again but they aren't up yet. The wait is so hard.
Especially since I left off just before the Icarus Vent in the demo section and I've been waiting to see what Kratos does to that Titan since E3.

RavenFox

Banned
daxter01 said:
i disagree, u2 is as impressive as gow 3 if not more
Please keep U2 out of this. We've had to many of this crap already. Let's just concentrate on Kratos's Rage for now.
Yes U2 is impressive and guess what it doesn't make any sense to argue. Personal feelings are yours and yours alone. One will like U2 graphics more and the other will like GOW3 graphics more.

I just found out that the UPS guy arrived with the box of awesomeness :D
Here's my final tracking order:
303lor7.jpg

Which is somewhat weird, because even though I live in Chicago the package did go around for a bit.

RavenFox

Banned
RustyNails said:
I just found out that the UPS guy arrived with the box of awesomeness :D
Here's my final tracking order:
303lor7.jpg

Which is somewhat weird, because even though I live in Chicago the package did go around for a bit.
Date Time Location Event Details
March 16, 2010 07:16:00 AM New York NY US Out for delivery
March 16, 2010 07:16:00 AM Manhattan-43 St. NY US Arrival Scan
March 16, 2010 06:25:00 AM New York NY US Arrival Scan
March 16, 2010 03:48:00 AM Lawnside NJ US Departure Scan
March 16, 2010 12:34:00 AM Lawnside NJ US Shipment received by carrier
March 15, 2010 06:55:10 PM New Castle DE US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

I'm on 46th Street:D

Sanjuro

After much Best Buy non-sense I obtained the $20 gift card with purchase of the game.

Just a quick question before I start, is the game no longer 1080p native? It auto-loads in 720p, are there any complications in 1080p?

RavenFox

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
After much Best Buy non-sense I obtained the $20 gift card with purchase of the game.

Just a quick question before I start, is the game no longer 1080p native? It auto-loads in 720p, are there any complications in 1080p?
I don't think the game was ever announced to be 1080p native. You can upscale to 1080p if you like since the devs have confirmed this.

bryehn

Really not feeling it yet after about 3 hours, there's just nothing new here at all. The combat is bland, the QTEs are played-out and so far the bosses are ho-hum.

It looks great at times and the art direction is fantastic, but overall I'm getting a smeared, blurry feeling with a shitty, all-over-the-place framerate.

I think some of you guys are playing his with blinders on. It feels squarely like GoW 2.5 in HD and unless it gets way, way better I doubt I'll even play it a second time.

jonabbey

Picked it up this morning, will crack it open tonight.

Here are the games on my backlog that are getting jumped for this:

Darksiders (I'm half done, I think)
Borderlands
Heavy Rain
Valkyria Chronicles

forgrim

RavenFox said:
I'm on 46th Street:D

you know weird thing? i once checked a package i had for delivery and it said the same thing, at the 43rd street office, and out for delivery, and i didn't recieve the package til the next day.

and i live on 38th street.

of course this was a couple years back, but it infuriated me. the postman somehow got lost. in a city with streets that go up and down in number.

Mardil

bryehn said:
Really not feeling it yet after about 3 hours, there's just nothing new here at all. The combat is bland, the QTEs are played-out and so far the bosses are ho-hum.

It looks great at times and the art direction is fantastic, but overall I'm getting a smeared, blurry feeling with a shitty, all-over-the-place framerate.

I think some of you guys are playing his with blinders on. It feels squarely like GoW 2.5 in HD and unless it gets way, way better I doubt I'll even play it a second time.

Got any new weapons yet? Why don't you try them?

Sanjuro

RavenFox said:
I don't think the game was ever announced to be 1080p native. You can upscale to 1080p if you like since the devs have confirmed this.
They did a LONG time ago saying it would be running full speed at that native resolution. Not a huge deal, was just curious if it impacted the game for those who have played it so far.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
bryehn said:

Hayy guyys, you hear that? god of war 2.5!

Yes! Just saw the email that it's been posted from HMV. (£31.50- ordered when it was £34.99 + 10% student discount) I still can't play it until Friday but knowing it will be there waiting for me when I get back home is awesome.

lunlunqq

got my copy this morning. have played through the first 45 minutes... HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! i mean i've seen the first 20 mins of the game before; but seeing it on my TV is another story. there were quite a few scenes where i didn't know where to look 'cause there were so much going on! from the most epic scene that is happening in the distance to the finest details right beside Cratos' feet, such spectacles! my eyes are about to explode from the awesomeness... *back to play more :D :D :D

JudgeN

Picked up for TRU and got my gift card, its a shame I have another 4 hours of work. I knew I should have called in sick :lol

Magnus

To those of you silly enough :)p) to rely on online shopping for day one, why not just buy it in a store now, keep the receipt, and then return the sealed amazon copy to that store when it finally arrives? Win-win, right? Especially if the online retailer offered the better price.

Zabka said:
Son of a bitch they shipped mine from Kansas to NY.
Mine was a straight 3 hour distance from Whitestown Indiana to Chicago. Instead, the transporting guy veered off into Louisville Kentucky probably to try some local KFC. Then after it finally arrived to Chicago, it goes to some other city in IL. I have no idea how this transporting stuff works :D

Magnus said:
To those of you silly enough :)p) to rely on online shopping for day one, why not just buy it in a store now, keep the receipt, and then return the sealed amazon copy to that store when it finally arrives? Win-win, right? Especially if the online retailer offered the better price.

This can't be stated enough! I've done this quite a few times! :D

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
bryehn said:

9av0ag.jpg

Minamu

Once again I was tricked by GAF into thinking the game was released in EU today. Took the bus downtown completely in vain. Bought a soda can & went back home... :lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is the framerate really that shit? The E3 demo was pretty rough, but I had hoped the final fixed that up?

Tom Penny

bryehn said:

That sucks. I was hoping for a bigger, badder, better looking version of GOW 1 and II with the same core gameplay. I guess I won't pick up my pre-order :/

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
bryehn said:
, blurry feeling with a shitty, all-over-the-place framerate.
You have to be kidding? The IQ is second to none and frame rats is smoother than something like UC2. You're simply wrong.

Tom Penny said:
That sucks. I was hoping for a bigger, badder, better looking version of GOW 1 and II with the same core gameplay. I guess I won't pick up my pre-order :/
?????????????

Brandon F said:
Is the framerate really that shit? The E3 demo was pretty rough, but I had hoped the final fixed that up?
Far from crap. Runs great all the time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tom Penny said:

:lol

Lince

Banned
Minamu said:
Once again I was tricked by GAF into thinking the game was released in EU today. Took the bus downtown completely in vain. Bought a soda can & went back home... :lol

well it's been released in Spain already (regular and collectors editions, Trilogy edition on Thursday)

Magnus

bryehn said:

The framerate complaint has to be referring to the stylistic slowdown that happens frequently whenever you deliver crushing final hits in some combos or QTEs. I mean, otherwise, this is just plain wrong.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Brandon F said:
Framerate looks fantastic, varies from 60fps to 30fps but never under that (I know how bad that sounds, but it works perfectly in game). Either his PS3 is dying or he's nuts. :p

Tom Penny said:
This game is exactly a bigger, badder GOW with the same core gameplay, which is why some people might not like it (the "more of the same" argument I guess). But whatever floats your boat.

El_Six

Neo Member
bryehn said:

Everyone has there opinions granted but GOW 2.5??? really??? Don't know about that, the visuals are stunning and the combat...well...it's just like the other GOW...Did you find those bland?? Like I said granted this is your opinion and I respect that but think either you are very picky on how this game turned out or just got to deep in the hype and ended up being very disappointed.

Right now I'm just loving how the GFX look and story is playing out, had been waiting for this game for a while now. It's whole reason why I got a PS3 was for this game. Can't wait to finish it and see how this tremendous story ends.

Minamu

Lince said:
well it's been released in Spain already (regular and collectors editions, Trilogy edition on Thursday)
Damn Spain! :)

Probably old by now but it seems to be possible to sell the collector's DLC suits for like 50$ on ebay :lol Free game basically.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
chubigans said:
Framerate looks fantastic, varies from 60fps to 30fps but never under that (I know how bad that sounds, but it works perfectly in game). Either his PS3 is dying or he's batshit insane.
Seriously, the game runs perfect considering all the detail/scale.

I got call from EBGames that my Ultimate Edition is ready but I was at a bar and I couldn't even hear them. I just told them in my drunk slur..."This is about God of War?...OK...I can't hear you but I'll pick it up tomorrow."

3 more hours till I finish work.

FAUCK!

Top Bottom