• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

The game is definitely not easy. I'm used to beating the first boss in any game with little effort; I paid for that here.

One of my favorite things from the series is how SSM can weave in minor figures in Greek mythology into the story. Very cool.

To those that didnt knew. Theres a new Gran Turismo 5 trailer in the video section in the xcross bar when you insert GoW3 ala Batman Arkham Asylum. Along with modnations, heavy rain and mag trailers

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy shit this game is amazing. Played up through a bit of the demo section. Everything has blown me away so far.
I love how every time one of the gods dies you see the effect that it has on the world. It really goes to show how Kratos is willing to destroy everything to get his revenge. The entire section in Hades was excellent and I'm sure that the first half hour is going to be going down in gaming history as one of the best starts to a game ever.
The game is refined in every way over the previous titles. I love how combat feels in this, much more fluid and dynamic than before. The graphics are also absolutely insane. I never thought games would look this good this generation.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
templeusox said:
The game is definitely not easy. I'm used to beating the first boss in any game with little effort; I paid for that here.

One of my favorite things from the series is how SSM can weave in minor figures in Greek mythology into the story. Very cool.

Yeah the boss in the first chapter owned me, I died several times before I finally beat it. The second chapter seems a lot easier, I haven't had any problems so far.
I really do suck at this game, though, I played II but it's been awhile. I keep catching myself button mashing like crazy and I'm way off with my dodges and blocks. I'm not really head over heels for the game so far but maybe once I get a better grasp of the mechanics I'll start to feel the love for it. The graphics are pretty, though.

KillerAJD

Dogenzaka said:

I should have just gone to GameStop :(

Were you the only one that could answer the question? That's hilarious.
It's like on the box and everything.
Well, I was the first to put my hand up, :lol. I missed a question before that (What 3 gods are brothers...I forgot about Poseidon, lol), but the kid that answered correctly just got a fold up "pre-order" box. Kinda looked like the box the PSP packs come in, just a little bit bigger. So, that was one situation where I was glad I missed the question, lol. The bigger poster is fucking huge though. I don't know where I'm going to put it, since there's only like 3 feet of space between the floor and the ceiling in my room (my room has low ceilings).

Jtrizzy

I need help again if anyone can.
In hades, after the trials. after catching the updraft, I pull a lever, then quickly jump on a rising platform. after getting there I drag the thing that explodes onto the platform and take it back down. Then I kill two guys and am stuck now

Jtrizzy said:
I need help again if anyone can.
1. Fix your spoiler tags.
You need to push the exploding barrel down another level onto the vent where you can use your Icarus wings. They automatically regenerate, so you can't run out.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
About 1 hr 45 mins in. stopping at
Hades Palace
need to get some sleep.

Everything feels/sounds great and of course the graphics are amazing, died a few times just looking around.

SixStringPsycho said:
To those that didnt knew. Theres a new Gran Turismo 5 trailer in the video section in the xcross bar when you insert GoW3 ala Batman Arkham Asylum. Along with modnations, heavy rain and mag trailers

Hey, that's pretty cool!

Jtrizzy

Dogenzaka said:
My PS3 better not die before I finish this game.
It would fucking figure that my poor 60GB would choke out on this game.

I'm playing this game in fear too. When I play BC2, I'm getting weird graphical issues that lead me to believe it's dying. Heavy Rain had a lot of sound problems as well, and the PS3 crashed the first time I tried to quit this game. I haven't seen anything as bad as yours though. You might want to just let it rest for the night.

Dogenzaka

Banned
I reloaded an old save. About 20 minutes of replaying :l
If that graphical glitch is still there when I get back to where I was, I'm turning it off and trying tomorrow. And then I'm going to back up all my saves. :(

Banned
Well I feel like a douche asking this question after those 2 pictures, but is anyone else having technical problems with this game? have been an hour in so far and the sound is stuttering like crazy.

Dogenzaka

Banned
It fixed itself after using a different save. I think the problem was a bug in the loading of the game from the checkpoing when I died from trying to navigate the area. I kept dying and then it screwed up that tunnel, I suppose.

It's fine now. :eek:

Also, thank you SSM for not just making a pretty sequel, but a sequel that plays and feels just as good as the past 2 games, except better. The first puzzle in the game stumped me for like 15 minutes actually, lol.

Weenerz

Banned
Well I feel like a douche asking this question after those 2 pictures, but is anyone else having technical problems with this game? have been an hour in so far and the sound is stuttering like crazy.

In the very beginning, when I unlocked my first trophy, I had a bit of stuttering, but it stopped soon after.

FStop7

Banned
Hey, where'd the pics go?

Anyhow, Ultimate Edition order placed to show support for SSM's awesome work. You deserve more of the spotlight that the other shops get.

KAOz

Short bus special
BeeDog said:
Fuck you all, I'm jealous. Need to wait until tomorrow 'til I can grab my copy and play the game. :(

And that's why one should pre-order from Game.se. :D Sure, not the best prices, but free delivery, plus, you always get it a day early. I will have it in my hand in about, 2 hours. :D

Spoo

I started this game on hard and like... damn, it is fucking hard. I mean, just beating the first boss took me like 8 or 10 tries, and I consider myself pretty good at this kind of genre (NG2 represent!)

As far as how the GAME is, well, it's absolutely knocked my socks off and I've looked -- the socks are gone.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Ballistictiger said:
I got a question for those who have the game atm. Is there a cutscene theater like mode?

You mean a mode where you can watch all the cutscenes after finishing the game? No, AFAIK it doesn't.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Smokey said:
So did Jaffe's original statement of it looks like a painting come to life hold true ? :p

Yes.

It depends on how you interpreted the statement. PS. I know its a rhetorical question, I was just rebutting the 'no'.

DihcarEM

Kind of starting to worry now with so many people's codes not working. I'm paying 150€ for my trilogy box, everything damn well better be in order.

Dave1988

DihcarEM said:
Kind of starting to worry now with so many people's codes not working. I'm paying 150€ for my trilogy box, everything damn well better be in order.

I'm guessing the content will be going live this Thursday with the PSN Store update. Same thing happened with Heavy Rain.

ACE 1991

templeusox said:

What difficulty are you playing it on?

This was my first time ever picking up a game at midnight. I've been buying my games from Amazon for the last few years, but I've had this gift card for over a year so I finally decided to use it. Best Buy gave out small posters along with it. They had Dragon Age Origins guides on the same table as the God of War items, which was strange and everyone seemed confused about those being mixed in there.

The game is amazing so far, I just hate that this game came just 1 week after FFXIII. Since GOW3 is shorter, I put FFXIII on hold to play this first.

This is the first time I've ever had a problem with Amazon release day delivery. They are saying my product was delayed but that I will receive it today. It didn't even ship yet though. What the fuck.

Dogenzaka

Banned
So far I'm feeling that God of War 2's level design and style was a bit more intuitive or interesting, but I've still got a while to go (just got passed the demo area).

Only three hours in and I'm still being blown away! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME-->
Holy shit at the Helios battle. The lighting was incredible!

vazel

Banned
striKeVillain! said:
This is the first time I've ever had a problem with Amazon release day delivery. They are saying my product was delayed but that I will receive it today. It didn't even ship yet though. What the fuck.
Hmm, mine shipped at 2am and I have free shipping. And since it shipped from their Nevada warehouse early I'm going to get it tomorrow(which is why I didn't bother with release date delivery since my videogames and movies usually ship from the Nevada warehouse and I get those shipments the next day if it was shipped early. I'm in Long Beach, California.).

Top Bottom