• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

desh

nskinnear said:
The E3 demo is 8 or 9 months old. The final version looks FANTASTIC. The lighting is superb, and the framerate is pretty smooth. It's a huge improvement overall.

Ok, that is good to hear. I was somewhat disappointed with the e3 demo. It sounds like I'm going to have to pick this one up; have to finish GOW2 first, though.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Yeah at GameCrazy one of the employees was like "Ew God of War, I tried the demo and it just sucked"

I didn't like the series after trying the demo, either. Then I bought the actual games. Makes a difference.

torontoml

EnjoyIncubus said:
I thought it was pretty cool. Quick and easy too.
It sucked I got to the very last button press, and pressed it a second to late. Then I kept screwing up on the first set. Got it in the end of course.

I am fucking raging out of my fucking mind right now.

So I picked up the game yesterday and played for a bit.

Received my UE box today so I decide to download the codes. The HD 'making of' took a bit so I decided to go to the godofwar.com sites to input the other codes. Brings me to the giant gow pic and I figure that's that. After a while after not getting any e-mails I realized "how the fuck would it know where to send them?". So I figure my ps3's browser in not an option. Turned on my laptop and I CAN'T CONNECT TO THE FUCKING INTERNET. So why the hell does sony have these official sites that can't even run on the damn ps3??? I just want to fucking play my game but this shit is pissing me off. I'm about to play to take care of my RAAAAGGGEEEE!!!!

kikanny

So I'm at the demo part of the game. HOLY SHIT!! The
Hades
boss fight was just so awesome! The color, the lighting, the graphics, the sound everything was just so awesome! Probably the best boss fight I've ever played! And this is only the second one!! :lol :lol

JohngPR

Took UPS all day to get here, but I finally got my copy of the game (as well as something else I ordered).

75969234.jpg

The thing that sucks is that I'm not done with GOW II yet. :(

I'm really really close though.

Violater

Dogenzaka said:
It may not be fun, but if you've ever played DDR with a controller on Easy before it shouldn't take you more than one try.
No I have never played any of those games grr beat it though.

Can anyone tell me what those glistening particles are that are floating within the heat haze thingies?

They're just randomly spread out around levels, I've tried doing all sorts of things and they appear to just be there for the fuck of it.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Can anyone tell me what those glistening particles are that are floating within the heat haze thingies?

They're just randomly spread out around levels, I've tried doing all sorts of things and they appear to just be there for the fuck of it.
you can use the Helios head in those areas to see secret chests

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I beat "the guitar hero shit" on my first try. I don't know how you could fail it if you are even slightly familiar with pushing buttons on time (which you should be if you've played GoW's QTEs).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone got any tips for the Getting Stoned challenge? It's the last one I need to do and I've been trying for well over an hour. None of the others gave me too much trouble and were fairly enjoyable but this one is rough and not fun at all.

EDIT: Nevermind, just got it. :D

Dogenzaka

Banned
Can someone please tell me what the fuck to do with the Final Boss on Hard Mode?

I've been at it since 4pm this afternoon and it's fucking irritating me because it seems to be impossibly long.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Pimpbaa said:
Lowest point of the game. Totally broke me out of the immersion and made me yell WTF! So stupid, very very stupid.

It felt weird but I don't think it really stuck out that much, it was mostly just the fact you saw the face buttons on the pedestal.

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
the only thing i really despise about this game is the jumping, double jump into a glide to be exact.

i keep thinking its very precise like Mario but its not. i've died more times trying to jump and glide than anything else.

enewtabie

Anybody having a issue with R1 working on the first board at the beginning? Not sure what is wrong here..:lol Trying to grab the shiny light thing,but nothing..

ok..first board it makes no sense....wth is wrong with R1?

Foov

TheDiabolical said:
the only thing i really despise about this game is the jumping, double jump into a glide to be exact.

i keep thinking its very precise like Mario but its not. i've died more times trying to jump and glide than anything else.

Yes this. Presentation wise the game is incredible, but control wise when it comes to any sort of platforming the game makes me want to throw my ps3 out the window. The platforming controls are awful. They were fine in # 1 and 2 but in this game I just can't get over how unreliable the double jump mechanic is. It really makes the game feel rushed out the door, and not nearly as polished as it's presented to be.

enewtabie said:
Anybody having a issue with R1 working on the first board at the beginning? Not sure what is wrong here..:lol Trying to grab the shiny light thing,but nothing..

R1 with man of the chests is fucked too.

Sometimes it just stops grabbing and refuses to hold on.

enewtabie

2 Minutes Turkish said:
R1 with man of the chests is fucked too.

Sometimes it just stops grabbing and refuses to hold on.

I'm going to stop now..For the past 20 mins I have been trying to grab the stupid thing and it will not let me. Really need to fix this..seriously.

shwimpy

TheDiabolical said:

Really? I think the controls are flawless and I just recently played Galaxy. But then again, I excessively jump in every game I play so maybe I'm just used to different jumping mechanics.

enewtabie said:

Some weird glitches in this game
Some Ive found out:
1) Pressing R1 trying to save, sometimes it doesnt register it.
2) Some cutscenes hiccup
3) Gliding glitch
4) Textures dont look way too good upclose, but when you get far away and then get upclose it gets fixed
5) At the [spoilers] Zeus [/spoilers] fight when you die, the loading screen has a white background and sometimes yellow dots are all over the screen
6) Pausing the game and coming back, takes some time till the game resumes or music gets back up.
7) Music skip or repeating on cutscenes

Dont remember others, but damn, wasnt expecting this. I thought my PS3 was going to die!
Anyways great game, but Im back to FFXIII again!

enewtabie

I guess I'll return it for something else. Really wanted to play this game,but if it's glitched on the first level...no thanks..terrible first impression guys..

sajj316

enewtabie said:
I guess I'll return it for something else. Really wanted to play this game,but if it's glitched on the first level...no thanks..terrible first impression guys..

You sure it wasn't your controller R1 trigger? The first I'm hearing of it being glitched ...

Dogenzaka

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
There are cutscenes that prerendered using ingame assets. They are used to mask loading (like Uncharted 1 and 2).

Stig said only two of the cutscenes in the game were pre-rendered in the engine
I noticed them right off the bat
When the surroundings of the Hermes battle are falling apart, and when you bring Pandora's Labyrinth up at the end of the game that triggers the Zeus battle

I just beat the game and now I have to wiki this shit. Also I never saw the part that Keighley and Stig talked about that was so "controversial".

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Just beat
Helios or whatever his name is, the demo scene. How far am I?
and I gotta say, this game is fucking badass. Graphics look great too. As a mostly PC player here, I wish PC devs would make stuff like this once in a while. Seems like the PC is stuck with the usual most of the time. I honestly feel like I'm playing in some weird movie half the time. Epic indeed. This and Metro 2033 (pc version is sexy stuff) have made this week really memorable.

SixStringPsycho said:
Some weird glitches in this game
Some Ive found out:
1) Pressing R1 trying to save, sometimes it doesnt register it.
2) Some cutscenes hiccup
3) Gliding glitch
4) Textures dont look way too good upclose, but when you get far away and then get upclose it gets fixed
5) At the [spoilers] Zeus [/spoilers] fight when you die, the loading screen has a white background and sometimes yellow dots are all over the screen
6) Pausing the game and coming back, takes some time till the game resumes or music gets back up.
7) Music skip or repeating on cutscenes

Dont remember others, but damn, wasnt expecting this. I thought my PS3 was going to die!
Anyways great game, but Im back to FFXIII again!

I've found some of those so yeah, they're there. Nothing TOO bad though. But I'm surprised considering how pretty much perfect the first 2 games were.

Top Bottom