• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

BruceWayneIII said:
AAAAAaaaarrrghhh, need help on beating
Hades

not used to playing GOW. I play on normal.

I manage to
tear his heart out and I keep hitting to avoid that it crawls back, but then it disappears and Hades gets all mad and the room is filled with chains. When they disappear he usually smashes the living something out of me..

Heeelp?

Quoting myself for the next page, because, yeah, need some help...

My hands are shaking and my eyes are O.O

AWWWWWW yeeeeeaaaahhhh

akk2oo.jpg
awuicx.jpg
2qvtdnr.jpg
2qvxw8i.jpg
ajw67m.jpg
2z57l74.jpg
znook2.jpg

FUCK YEAH the box contained awesome.

Kweh

Animator said:
Did anybody manage to get the 1000hit combo trophy btw? How is that even possible.

It was pretty easy to get over 1000 in Bonus Play in GoW 2 with the urns, is there anything similar in part 3 once you've completed the game?

zeloe326

Just got the game today. Played one hour and forty two minutes. It is kicking my ass on titan difficulty, but the presentation is so out the roof, that I am actually having a blast. The game is epic period. Everything is buttery smooth, and Kratos is so intricately animated, that I can't believe they came up with all those different animations for all those different angles you'll end up playing the game in. Nice.

nskinnear said:
So, I started a new game to show my friend the beginning, and it auto-saved over top of my other playthrough. The last manual save I did was three or four hours before then >.>

Fuck.

This is why i stopped relying on Auto-Save a long time ago :(

Can't play this in one sitting, too much awesome. Clocking at almost 4 hrs and killed
Helios
, time to take a break, tomorrows another day.

Dogenzaka

Banned
the
Claws of Hades
weapon makes the final boss fight easier but
it's still stupid hard as nails. Like I can't even...just...why :( I had full health and I was battling Zeus for almost 10 minutes, I think I was getting close to the end, where he finally lands a punch on me and his combo insta-kills me. WTF!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Animator said:
Did anybody manage to get the 1000hit combo trophy btw? How is that even possible.

I did it
during the demo area, after gaia's hand where you have to fight to get past the door. Just use the Claws of Hades R1 + O soul grab, spam it like crazy to work up to 1000, you can even get hit with it and still hold the combo. The attack doesn't seem to kill enemies, so this'll probably work in a spot with a lot of grunts.

The Chef

Just did the part where I am
chasing after Hermes.
Man that is some incredible looking scenery and great level.

Need some help on
beating him though do I just try to chase after him till he jumps in the air and gives me a chance to counter?

dralla

Dogenzaka said:
the
Claws of Hades
weapon makes the final boss fight easier but
it's still stupid hard as nails. Like I can't even...just...why :( I had full health and I was battling Zeus for almost 10 minutes, I think I was getting close to the end, where he finally lands a punch on me and his combo insta-kills me. WTF!
you know
if you punch gaia's heart it will release green orbs.
once I knew that I beat it on my next try.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ever had a moment where you're not that excited for something, then suddenly you realise what it is you're waiting for, and you go into excitement overload?

Yeah, usually I work in the opposite way, but right now, man, I need some God of War III in my life.

Dogenzaka

Banned
dralla said:
you know
if you punch gaia's heart it will release green orbs.
once I knew that I beat it on my next try.

Are you playing it on Hard Mode?
Because I've been in battles with
Zeus for almost 10 minutes and the circle prompt won't show up :< and then there are like 12 clones on screen at once, are you KIDDING ME?!

I really don't know what to do. I have no magic so it's all brawn from here :l

dralla

Dogenzaka said:
Are you playing it on Hard Mode?
Because I've been in battles with
Zeus for almost 10 minutes and the circle prompt won't show up :< and then there are like 12 clones on screen at once, are you KIDDING ME?!

I really don't know what to do. I have no magic so it's all brawn from here :l
lol no. I got to poesiden on hard and he killed me in 1 hit so I quickly restarted on Normal. GoW games always have difficulty spikes, normal is definitely the way to go

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
this
scorpion
boss is
kicking my ass. How the hell am i supposed to dodge that tailwhip?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Best opening act ever?

Yep.
even though I may technically like God 2's better, God 1's opening with the Hydra on the ship is one of the best examples of a good opening ever.

Not because of the wow, although it plays a big part, but also because of how everything about the game is introduced. For its time it was amazing.

I can't wait to see how God 3's compares.

Wessiej

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Best opening act ever?

Yep.
The first hour is the best first hour in videogame history, so amazing. A friend and I started at the same time with the game and we talked to each other on Xbox live chat, we were screaming and everything, so good :lol

The Chef

You have got to be kidding me. I mean come on you have to be kidding me. I just used
Hermes boots to speed run through
a group of guys catapulting them into the air. As they sailed over me I grabbed onto one of them with my chains pulling myself into the air along their trajectory and did my spinning blade attack killing 2 of them before I even hit the ground.

0_0 Good lord.

Rez said:
even though I may technically like God 2's better, God 1's opening with the Hydra on the ship is one of the best examples of a good opening ever.

Not because of the wow, although it plays a big part, but also because of how everything about the game is introduced. For its time it was amazing.

Rez you don't even have the game yet and your in here. Bounce out man I don't want any of the epicness spoiled for you. Come back when your jaw is on the floor.

Dogenzaka

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
this
scorpion
boss is
kicking my ass. How the hell am i supposed to dodge that tailwhip?

Come towards the screen.
You will evade it completely

Still can't beat the final boss. This is fucking ridiculous. Screw the designers for this shit.

Considering I'm at the end, I have to say God of War 2's level design was much more interesting than the Olympus the designers portrayed in God of War 3. It was pretty stale and boring, in my opinion, compared to the Island of the Fates. But the gameplay and bosses (what we had of them) were really fun and better than anything before in the series.

And Titan Mode (Hard) IS FREAKING RIDICULOUS

Zeliard

Rez said:

You won't be disappointed.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dogenzaka said:
Come towards the screen.
You will evade it completely

Still can't beat the final boss. This is fucking ridiculous. Screw the designers for this shit.
It's easy. You can renew your health every two minutes or so. Are you taking advantage of that?

Filldough

Rez said:

GOW3's basically says, "You've seen nothing yet, prepare to have your ass ripped up foolish mortal! Honestly I keep catching myself with my mouth hanging open.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The Chef said:
Rez you don't even have the game yet and your in here. Bounce out man I don't want any of the epicness spoiled for you. Come back when your jaw is on the floor.
I'm actually leaving now for class, then I'm heading into the city to buy it.

2 hours to go, I guess. :D

Dogenzaka

Banned
Y2Kev said:
It's easy. You can renew your health every two minutes or so.

Are you playing it on Hard?
Because I've tried all the weapons, so far
Claws of Hades works best for wiping out the clones, and the Whips are best for regaining health
but the fight is just too long and one mistake will end it for you completely.

It's certainly not "easy" on Hard Mode.
I saw video of it on YouTube in Normal Mode and it's a fucking joke. Whole battle lasts like 7 minutes and you have nearly full health the entire time. Hard Mode is not like that at all.

Rez said:

I know exactly what you mean. When an old EBgames employee friend of mine said "here, you can have this" refering to the GOW1 demo, I didn't know what to expect. But when i played it, nothing has ever really matched that opening bit except GOW2. 2 cranked shit up a bunch of notches but 1 is the most memorable to me.

Oh.. and 3's kicks ass (so much of it) as well.

Animator

Just finished the game. Holy shit@ the ending....

This was one of the best games I played. Imo it is better than gow 1 & 2 in everyway possible. I am starting a second playthrough as soon as I finish the challenge rooms.

Beat it in around 12 hour on the default difficulty, awesome game, I enjoyed it more than Uncharted 2. I also think it looks better than UC2 about half of the time.

desh

Does the final game look better than the E32009 demo? The visuals from the demo were pretty good, but the lighting/shading looked weird to me. Also the framerate from the demo was not very good at all. I just finished playing GOW1 from the GOW collection, and the framerate difference was shocking; GOW1 was smooth as silk.

desh said:
Does the final game look better than the E32009 demo? The visuals from the demo were pretty good, but the lighting/shading looked weird to me. Also the framerate from the demo was not very good at all. I just finished playing GOW1 from the GOW collection, and the framerate difference was shocking.
you will have eyegasm when you play the real game. the demo was shit compared to final.

The Chef

desh said:
Does the final game look better than the E32009 demo? The visuals from the demo were pretty good, but the lighting/shading looked weird to me. Also the framerate from the demo was not very good at all. I just finished playing GOW1 from the GOW collection, and the framerate difference was shocking; GOW1 was smooth as silk.

Its upgraded in almost every way imaginable. It will shock your eyes.

IronFistedChampion said:
So I'm about 6 hours into the game and
Kratos dies and you have to play as a harpie for the rest of the game
WTF?
:lol Nice.

Quincey

Banned
boredofcanada said:
if Gow3 is this good then The last guardian is gonna be amazing.

Just curious as to why you think the quality of God of war will have any role in the quality of the last guardian?

Top Bottom