• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

10/10 It's in my top 3 of this generation no doubt.

Just watched the making of video, is Stig from MI or did he go to MSU or something? Noticed the hat and got excited, I always like seeing Spartans!

leng jai said:
I just realised I am bad at God Of War games..

Normal (God) is no joke. First day I got the game, it dropped me down to easy after the first boss owned me repeatedly. I finally beat him fairly easily and moved on. I started a new game vowing to stay on normal and I'm doing better than I was, I got past the bastard, but I know it's going to be challenging to win on normal, if that was only the first boss. LOL

Le-mo

I just beat the game and the
Zeus
battle was disappointing. It doesn't compare to the
Poseidon and Hades
battles.

Einbroch

Banned
Loving the game, but I have one minor complaint.

Sometimes, especially on boss fights, I have no idea what's going on or how to counter it.

Example (first boss spoilers):

Poseidon, during his final form, uses a trident attack that strikes three times. How the hell do you dodge this? I just spammed the lightning magic whenever he did it. I seriously had no idea what I was doing.

I just beat the 2nd boss (on Normal). Not that I'm some God of War expert, but

remember that you have the bow. It does good damage and is often safe to use and is quickly rechargeable at all times.

(spoiler reveals no story or characters, just an item and a battle tactic)

Also remember about L1+O (slam self into enemy). Helps get around the area and do some damage, too.

Just some small hints to those having trouble. I'm not finding the game hard... yet... but I've also just been playing the shit out of God of War Collection. And, I'm likely less than a third through the game (at least I hope so).

Raziel

Einbroch said:

Sometimes, especially on boss fights, I have no idea what's going on or how to counter it.

Poseidon, during his final form, uses a trident attack that strikes three times. How the hell do you dodge this? I just spammed the lightning magic whenever he did it. I seriously had no idea what I was doing.
jump up and climb onto the wall and just hang out there until he's done, you can even attack him while youre on there.

darkwing

dang, just playing it now, the game is sooo smooth, can't believe its able to hold its framerate even with the ridiculous amount of detail going on :D

JWong

Banned
XxBigP123xX said:
Just got platinum, there was a link to a website in the trophy description.

Here it is:
godofwar .com/spartansstandtall/
What was the first and last secret trophy?

Jtrizzy

I'm in
Hera's garden
how much do I have left? This game just keeps delivering throughout. Still blown away by the graphics, and really enjoying the new weapons.

Einbroch said:

I just dodged it, you know like roll away just before he hits, you have enough time to dodge his consecutive strikes. You are going to need this timing later in the game, better practise. I found the encounters with bosses pretty easy thus far, I have more problems with badges of mobs.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat (second boss spoilers, about two hours in)
Hades

This game is the real deal.

Dogenzaka said:
We must both be awesome. I played on Titan and there was only one or two flying/falling segments where I even lost health.

o/

I'm not even sure how
she died? He just left her to hold the crank...

What's wrong with the picture?

You must be trolling if you bought this game and you're not going to play it anymore because of a glitch...that's $60 wasted right there, lol
She died by getting jammed inside that crank. It took Krato's super human strength to turn it and since he tied her up on that of course it's going to pull her in.

Rez said:
Just beat (second boss spoilers, about two hours in)
Hades

This game is the real deal.

How did you do it? I play on normal, but after
the chains fill the room
, I get beaten up badly.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
She died by getting jammed inside that crank. It took Krato's super human strength to turn it and since he tied her up on that of course it's going to pull her in.

Stupid broad should have just eased out and let go. :l

BruceWayneIII said:
How did you do it? I play on normal, but after
the chains fill the room
, I get beaten up badly.
Hint:
Look at the ground there is a clear indication of a safe spot if you notice it.

Ballistictiger said:
Hint:
Look at the ground there is a clear indication of a safe spot if you notice it.

Well, the
chain disappear and I am standing in the bright spot
but it's the fight with him that's killing me. In the beginning I used L1+O to grab and then L1+[], but that's getting difficult in the fight where the
chains are gone
Does that make sense?

BruceWayneIII said:
Well, the
chain disappear and I am standing in the bright spot
but it's the fight with him that's killing me. In the beginning I used L1+O to grab and then L1+[], but that's getting difficult in the fight where the
chains are gone
Does that make sense?
That part seems to be a lot easier to me. You are talking about that
Circular battle right?

thuway said:
Can anyone give me advice on how to do analog stick QTEs???

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? FUCKKKK
Are you pressing anything while it pops up? That would make you instant fail.

thuway

Ballistictiger said:
Are you pressing anything while it pops up? That would make you instant fail.
No. I am just trying to do the analog movement, like half way up or something :(. I am so frustrated.

Ballistictiger said:
That part seems to be a lot easier to me. You are talking about that
Circular battle right?

Yeah, I get hunted around and he's just more brutal this time. And I think he keeps
sending his chain weapon around both to the ground and in the air.
You are dead!

I see I need to recap that battle with a youtube video.

Yeah analog stick QTE are a pain in the ass. Just practice up, the ones that make me fail the most is the ones that always pop out of nowhere.

God I love this game, I just beat it today, so amazing.

The story at the end was a little strange, I didn't really like it.

Replaying on Titan now!

Bow of Apollo is the best bow ever. More like automatic machine gun with zero recoil but it has a shape of ancient bow and fires arrows. :lol

Played up to part where you get Sword of Olympus. Awesome game so far.

cazar

Neo Member
At the part after
Hades
and i must say this game as expected is organic and all the animations are very fluid and very natural, at some parts i get sense i am playing a CGI video. It is that impressive, and i really like how the combat mechanics are still same as in the predecessors yet a bit different.

leng jai

Death Dealer said:
Normal (God) is no joke. First day I got the game, it dropped me down to easy after the first boss owned me repeatedly. I finally beat him fairly easily and moved on. I started a new game vowing to stay on normal and I'm doing better than I was, I got past the bastard, but I know it's going to be challenging to win on normal, if that was only the first boss. LOL

Yeah I'm playing on normal and died at the first boss a few times as well, which seemed odd to me since I've finished Ninja Gaiden 1/2 :lol

Animator

XxBigP123xX said:
The first:
King of the hill (Platinum)
The last:
aMAZEd (Gold):Beat the Labyrinth Without Dying or Failing

Holy shit at the last one. Looks like my third playthrough will be done in easy mode. :lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm getting my arse handed to me in Titan. Been playing about an hour or so now and still haven't bested
Poseidon
. :lol

So much fun, though.

Doc Evils

Fakto

GAF, I need advice !

First time playing a God of War game, I'm playing on titan difficulty [for the trophy mostly] ... but, I died almost 10 times against
Poseidon
before killing him.
Do I must reconsider the difficulty lvl ? is it going to be a lot harder from now on ?

LowParry

Fakto said:
GAF, I need advice !

First time playing a God of War game, I'm playing on titan difficulty [for the trophy mostly] ... but, I died almost 10 times against
Poseidon
before killing him.
Do I must reconsider the difficulty lvl ? is it going to be a lot harder from now on ?

Yes. Much harder. Trial and errors galore.

In GOW1 and 2 trial and error is the best way to learn. Even dying a ton of times in mobs will make you master certain enemies. Satyrs was nothing to me in GOW2, sadly I forgot how to fight it without getting hit.

Ezahn

Normal difficulty is more or less hard (^^) than Bayonetta's?
That was just right for my taste.
The game should reach me early next week.

klier

I'm on my way to kill the second boss!

Games like this and Uncharted 2 is exactly what I thought of this generation when I was still playing my PS2/Xbox/GameCube like 6 years ago....it's just mindblowing!!

Top Bottom