• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

blackmamba707 said:
wow, dunno if some1 posted it before but it's worth mentioning :

entire soundtrack is available to download for free right now from official website!

God of War Trilogy soundtrack
http://www.godofwar.com/ucmdev/groups/public/documents/webasset/g3_trilogy_soundtrack.zip

God of War Blood & Metal EP
http://www.godofwar.com/ucmdev/groups/public/documents/webasset/g3_blood_and_metal.zip

if it's a bug I like it :D

WTF so I bought the Ultimate Trilogy Edition for nought ? Fuck :lol

bunbun777

Oh my lanta-

I think playing this game has put me in a semi state of shock--

Just killed
Hera- that bee was begging for it-- -- really happy with the boss fights but Hercules.... it was awesome, but i walked away thinking...that was Hercules? I can't believe I am about to say this--but that fight needed more QTE's, more slo-mo Hulk vs. Thing punching and slamming....oh well i am not complaining really but Hercules should have been more raw imo

First game in a while where I am already looking forward to replaying, though not as much as I want to see the end, boy oh boy- this one is a treat!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Finished it. Holy moly that game was fantastic. I don't really understand the ending, though. On the second part of the
Zeus fight inside the tree chick
I was getting my ass whooped and suddenly I started countering everything and stole
Zeus'
virginity if a fury of passion and badassery.

silentspork said:
Question about the underworld...
Did I completely miss something in the underworld with the blue crystals on the three kings?

You'll get to it later. Don't worry.

EvaPlusMinus said:
Finished it. Holy moly that game was fantastic. I don't really understand the ending, though. On the second part of the
Zeus fight inside the tree chick
I was getting my ass whooped and suddenly I started countering everything and stole
Zeus'
virginity if a fury of passion and badassery.

You'll get to it later. Don't worry.

Great, thanks!

Cruzader

Banned
Few things:

-Doing QTEs coming from previous games is a little more difficult for me. Normally the action button would show up on the middle of the screen. Now its on the bottom right corner or appears on left/up/right/down. So when Im doing a finisher, I get distracted most of the time by whats going on lol so I end up failing the sequence...hahaha. Im not complaining since they did it for obvious reasons. Its just not in your face like it used to. Gotta get used to that.

-Man I was playing the first 30 mins focusing on the action, on what I was doing. Not the epicness that was happening on the background....I feel like I missed some cool stuff. My brothers were watching me play so Im sure they were amazed while I was busy killing zombies. On my second playthough I will try and focus on whats going on there though.

-If the special doc that comes with the Ultimate Edition is an MP4 video from PSN, could someone upload it online in the future? I couldnt buy that one but I'd love to see that doc.

LosDaddie

Banned
I guess I'm not hardcore enough because I'm switching down to God (Normal) difficultly tonight. I'm about 2.5hrs in and there's just a bit too much trial & error, for me, with the bosses. I'm just dying too quickly and it's frustrating. The regular minions are no problem

Good thing this game is amazing because replaying those first 2.5hrs will be fun.

Haha TheGameCollection pulled the old "Your card is invalid please re-order" trick on my GoW3 pre-order at £33.99.

Bunch of pricks, don't use them.

Issue is they got a lot of pre-orders, then pulled the game from the site, now said it'll be back in stock on the 22nd, but any pre-order before the 10th would get sent out. Mines was on the 3rd.

I didn't play the demo as I didn't want to expose myself to an older build, but I just beat that part of the game last night. I was loving the game up to Helios, but after getting his head I was just floored. Up until that point I had thought the lighting was very good, but that brief tunnel where you get to test out the flash mechanic has probably surpassed everything I really expected to experience this generation. I think I spent about 20 minutes just mucking around in about 30ft of game space. Absolutely amazing.

LowParry

Fakto said:
I died almost 30 times in the 3th trial of the realm Hades, ok, thats it, I'm changing the dificulty to God ! >,<

Don't do iiiiiit!

But! One fucking large
SCORPION
dead! Mwa haha ha!

aristotle

blackmamba707 said:
wow, dunno if some1 posted it before but it's worth mentioning :

entire soundtrack is available to download for free right now from official website!

God of War Trilogy soundtrack

God of War Blood & Metal EP

if it's a bug I like it :D

You do realize that they're NOT free right? Those are the links given to the ultimate edition buyers; so in essence that's basically stealing. If I were you or anyone else who quoted that, I would definitely edit out those links.

glaurung

aristotle said:
You do realize that they're NOT free right? Those are the links given to the ultimate edition buyers; so in essence that's basically stealing. If I were you or anyone else who quoted that, I would definitely edit out those links.
It is on the web, there is no authentication system, there are no passwords on the archives as far as noone has claimed thus in this thread.

Whoever uploaded these archives took no precaution to shield them from the general public.

Hence, they qualify as free to download to all those so inclined.

aristotle

glaurung said:
It is on the web, there is no authentication system, there are no passwords on the archives as far as noone has claimed thus in this thread.

Whoever uploaded these archives took no precaution to shield them from the general public.

Actually to get those links, you had to enter the code given in the ultimate edition. So there is an authentication, but those links circumvent it.

glaurung

aristotle said:
Actually to get those links, you had to enter the code given in the ultimate edition. So there is an authentication, but those links circumvent it.
Really?

Stupid if true. I think the damage is done by now anyway.

aristotle said:

Yeah they should be removed then.

However it's a bit silly on Santa Monica's part, they must of known if the code just gave you links like that they'd be all over the web :lol

RavenFox

Banned
glaurung said:

As shitty as it is glaurung is right. Fuck what was the worth of the Ultimate Edition Santa Monica????

aristotle

glaurung said:
Really?

Stupid if true. I think the damage is done by now anyway.

Audioboxer87 said:
Yeah they should be removed then.

However it's a bit silly on Santa Monica's part, they must of know if the code just gave you links like that they'd be all over the web :lol

I agree. The damage is already done. It's a terrible mistake on Sony's part, but I was giving a heads up to the quoters and posters so hopefully they won't get banned over it. ;)

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
LosDaddie said:
I guess I'm not hardcore enough because I'm switching down to God (Normal) difficultly tonight. I'm about 2.5hrs in and there's just a bit too much trial & error, for me, with the bosses. I'm just dying too quickly and it's frustrating. The regular minions are no problem

Good thing this game is amazing because replaying those first 2.5hrs will be fun.

It makes me wonder why you're not given the option to switch down to normal from hard difficulty. It's pretty asinine not to offer that option. Also, the jumping is extremely annoying. I'd say this game is a solid 8-8.5 for the first couple of hours. Will be interesting to see how the rest of it goes. At least they moved the QTE buttons to the sides of the screen. My biggest complaint from the previous games was how I could never see what Kratos was actually doing on-screen.

ScOULaris

Capped off my play session last night by
pounding Hercules' face into a pulp with his own gauntlets. I have to say, though, that I didn't expect them to go with an Incredible Hulk design for Hercules. I remember seeing some of their concepts for him in the God of War II artbook where they were playing with the idea of him being slightly over-the-hill or even black. While black wouldn't have made any historical sense, I can appreciate their more creative approach from back then a little bit more than the Marvel-esque design that they went with here.

Still though, it was an awesome fight. At this point in the game, I have a few theories about where the story is going, thematically. I can't wait to find out if I fall into the love or hate camp with regard to the ending.

aristotle said:
I agree. The damage is already done. It's a terrible mistake on Sony's part, but I was giving a heads up to the quoters and posters so hopefully they won't get banned over it. ;)

Yeah I edited my post out, regardless of the links not asking for authentication if what you said is correct, people shouldn't really be posting links (at least not on here, don't want to upset Santa Monica, even although it is really their fault...).

LosDaddie

Banned
Fakto said:
I died almost 30 times in the 3th trial of the realm Hades, ok, thats it, I'm changing the dificulty to God ! >,<

Yup, pretty much what I said above too :lol

LunaticPuma said:
It makes me wonder why you're not given the option to switch down to normal from hard difficulty. It's pretty asinine not to offer that option. Also, the jumping is extremely annoying. I'd say this game is a solid 8-8.5 for the first couple of hours.

Agreed. I would've loved the option to switch to any lower difficulty, not just Easy. But replaying the first 2.5hrs won't be a drag. This game is great.

On that note; Is there a NewGame+ feature? If not, does anything carry over to other playthroughs? I think I can take Titan once I know the boss patterns.

glaurung

LosDaddie said:
On that note; Is there a NewGame+ feature? If not, does anything carry over to other playthroughs? I think I can take Titan once I know the boss patterns.
Same question from me.

I know that there is an
unlockable skin with damage boost
, but is it usable in higher difficulty settings?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
The brutality in this game is on a level I've never experienced before in a game. It's a little unnerving actually.

Jaw droppingly amazing though :D

gogojira

My first night with the game I went to bed thinking it was really fun, but way too familiar. The second night in shit got ridiculous and I can't wait to play more.

I think it's the high production values, music and environments that won me over completely -- GoW III is insanely well produced.

SToRM

LosDaddie said:

I did the same after 15 minutes :lol
I've only played it for about 1,5 hours so far. I'm really liking the way the
Medusa's
look and the way they move. The
snake
skin looks so real.

gogojira said:
My first night with the game I went to bed thinking it was really fun, but way too familiar. The second night in shit got ridiculous and I can't wait to play more.

I think it's the high production values, music and environments that won me over completely -- GoW III is insanely well produced.
I had the same feeling yesterday after I quit, now I can't wait to play to see what happens next!

Dra-Q

Banned
lawblob said:
This thread is killing me. Can't believe I bought that turd FF13 instead of this. :lol

Why not get both? ;)
I've been play'in FFXIII for 25h now and will get God of War 3 tomorrow, woho :D

Zabka

God damn this game looks sharp. Only complaint in 3 hours or so of progress (restarted on normal because God Mode was a bit much for a first play) is the QTE button placement. I'm either watching the action and missing them or watching the edges and missing the action.

I don't understand why they changed it. The buttons would always appear during lulls or slow-motion bits, but now I have to scan the screen like I'm playing whack-a-mole.

LosDaddie

Banned
Unregistered007 said:
LMAO, did you play God of War 2 ?

I have agree with him. IMO, both GoW 1 & 2 were perfection in video game form. Absolutely loved those games.....and were really the reason I kept my PS2 for as long as I did.

Violater said:
I am not impressed by the god's character modeling. They look plastic or even stone more than skin.

Same here. I mean, the game looks awesome, but I kinda wish SSM kept the CGI vids for the cutscenes. Still one of the very best looking games on the market today. The sense of scale is fucking epic. :D

It still seeming kind of each for God of War, but I just got to the point where they explained what my goal for the entire game is.

What seems easier is the button mashing segments. Minotaurs especially. I remember those guys making me physically tired. In a previous version of GOW there was a puzzle where you had to freeze a minotaur on a pressure switch. I just kept figthing infinitely spawning minotaurs, and My thumb couldn't even handle it anymore by the time I figured out it was a puzzle.

Also the lady-snakes that freeze you are no longer on the thumb stick. They are just quick-times all around. I loved how those thumb sticks made the enemy encounter seem different. My guess is they are going to introduce more enemies later on, and they had to save some of that stuff for those enemies.

Weenerz

Banned
The way they changed the QTE buttons makes it so much easier and pretty much automatic button presses even if you're watching the action. The only time it sucks is if you have to mess with the analog sticks.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Zabka said:
God damn this game looks sharp. Only complaint in 3 hours or so of progress (restarted on normal because God Mode was a bit much for a first play) is the QTE button placement. I'm either watching the action and missing them or watching the edges and missing the action.

I don't understand why they changed it. The buttons would always appear during lulls or slow-motion bits, but now I have to scan the screen like I'm playing whack-a-mole.
Eh, the edges correspond with the placement of the buttons so I hardly ever have to look at the buttons themselves, just what side of the screen is flashing.

Azerach

Banned
Zabka said:
Only complaint in 3 hours or so of progress (restarted on normal because God Mode was a bit much for a first play) is the QTE button placement. I'm either watching the action and missing them or watching the edges and missing the action.

How effing big is your screen if you can't watch the edges of the screen with the corner of your eye :lol

I'm liking this system better than the one before, haven't missed a single QTE so far (playing on titan)

Jim

The last fight with
Zeus
is not that bad on Titan. Once you figure it out, you can beat that part with life to spare.
Use the chains, fight him a bit (counter his projectiles and singular clones) until he recharges with Gaia's energy.

Then just camp out by the heart, save up your magic for the big batch of clones, counter/reflect the projectile and the singular clones (which releases magic orbs) when he's sitting towards the bottom of the screen, and then rush him a bit when you have full energy.

When the heart starts beating, you're right there, so just to L1+square once, and you'll get the energy instead of Zeus. And repeat.

Remember, you can use Rage of the Gods BEFORE it's full. So that helps if you don't have much magic.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Weenerz said:
The way they changed the QTE buttons makes it so much easier and pretty much automatic button presses even if you're watching the action. The only time it sucks is if you have to mess with the analog sticks.
I realized about halfway through the game that I was supposed to use the left analog stick for those. :lol

Also the O button is sometimes hard to catch.

Top Bottom