• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

KnightM7 said:
Yeah it is weird
The first time I broke the onyx I didnt get a prompt, but it woke back up and the onyx GREW BACK. After breaking it again it just lays there.

I also had another glitch before
with aphrodite after coming back from the forge. One of her two companions is invisible and the voices are out of sync

I find it strange and somewhat disappointing that a series known for complete 100% polish and perfection, that the latest iteration seems so buggy.

Santa Monica weren't rushed at all during development were they? I thought they were given all the time they needed.

Hopefully they patch it soon, because it sounds like people are gettign far worse glitches than I've been getting. But the R1 chest glitch seems to be the most common.

The Chef

I am sure you guys represent the lower percentage. I haven't ran into even one glitch yet. I just beat
Hermes
. So unless it all of sudden gets really bad after that I don't have any complaints as far as the polish is concerned.

One thing I noticed has been tweaked/changed is light attack when hanging on horizontal ropes.

You can't switch the side you attack as quickly and smoothly as you could in God of War 1 and 2. I've only played on Easy so far, so maybe they don't throw as many enemies on either side of you to make up for it.

I assume you cop it hard when the difficulty ups?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah light attack on ropes been nerfed as heck.

Jim said:
Before the Labyrinth on worked for me, depending on difficulty. If you want to do it the super easy way, drop down to the Easy mode (after dying 4 or so times), and I think you get more orbs.

So you are able to run back to older areas and enemies respawn? I can't imagine reloading old saves, sure they restore your upgrades and orbs back to what they were at that time.

Just finished the game on Titan mode my time was 8 hours and 10 minutes. What an EPIC experience. For shame that there isn't a video about deleted levels/lost levels.

Chaos mode here I come:lol

Yoshichan said:
Yeah light attack on ropes been nerfed as heck.

I really hated the rope sections on the harder difficulties in GoW1 and 2, really seemed to mess with the flow.

I haven't played 3 yet so not sure if it's the same.

DualShadow said:
I really hated the rope sections on the harder difficulties in GoW1 and 2, really seemed to mess with the flow.

I haven't played 3 yet so not sure if it's the same.

To me in GoW3 they aren't as hard, also I have encountered very few of them.

MrPliskin

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:
I find it strange and somewhat disappointing that a series known for complete 100% polish and perfection, that the latest iteration seems so buggy.

Santa Monica weren't rushed at all during development were they? I thought they were given all the time they needed.

Hopefully they patch it soon, because it sounds like people are gettign far worse glitches than I've been getting. But the R1 chest glitch seems to be the most common.

...what?

Lunchbox

Banned
beat the
ice scorpion

how much left, hour wise

wanna finish it tonight, but im really tired. might soldier on if im close

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
2 Minutes Turkish said:

0 glitches here.

ZeroRay

Lunchbox said:
beat the
ice scorpion

how much left, hour wise

wanna finish it tonight, but im really tired. might soldier on if im close

Game gets a bit more difficult from there so I'd say 2-3 hours left.

2 Minutes Turkish said:

one fps test on beyond3d showed GoW2 vanilla tearing 55% of the time with average of 45 fps, hardly perfection. funny how history gets rewritten with the passage of time.

edit: sorry, it tore 50% of the time:pS2 avg. of GoW 2 was 45.016 fps, the tearing, 50.794%.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This Bare Hands challenge is pissing me off. I've done it twice but it doesn't seem to register. Unless some skeleton is hanging on the edge or something, I completed it. grr.

Just a bit past the
Hermes, "give me your feet, muthafucka!"
scene. LOVING this game. Been living up to the hype so far, the presentation is just so epic. Kratos is as awesome as he is pissed, and he's super-pissed all. the. time. I'm leaning on the
Kratos-was-the-villain-the-whole-time
side pretty heavily though.

Kak.efes

LiquidMetal14 said:
Weird, nothing here.

It happened quite frequently for me, but it got really bad after
killing Kronos, during his collapse, and after the first phase of the Zeus fight, when the temple is collapsing.

Macattk15

Just beat
Hades
. Game is more epic than I thought it would be. I should of played on Hard though as I have had no problems thus far at all.

ScOULaris

As polished as this game is, I have run into several major bugs on my first playthrough. I am only a little over halfway through the game, and I have had to reload from the last checkpoint twice in order to progress.

Here are the bugs I ran into:

1)
First two minutes of the game, when you have to fight the slew of skeletons that drop down onto Gaia's arm, the combo meter got stuck and the cutscene that allows you to progress past the burning branch never triggered. Had to restart and do it over again.

2)
When fighting Hermes, he got stuck in a wall running in place. No matter how many times I hit him, it wouldn't trigger the cutscene to end the fight. Had to do the fight over.

Neither of these glitches set me back a significant amount of time, but they definitely hurt the flow of the game. Just putting in my two cents.

Has anyone else encountered these?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just completed the (awesome) battle in the Caverns (
with the chain
). How far into the game am I, how much do I have left?

I'm loving the game but it feels like I only just begun and already the end is in sight! I always get paranoid like that with games that I love playing as I first experience them. Much like noticing your favourite book only has ten pages left or something.

My huge list of 'wow' moments can wait until the game is done, at the moment my only real concerns are that

a) the game will end all too soon; and
b) each area isn't really feeling different enough in tone and feel like in God of War II and to a lesser extent I

My worries could be unfounded, though. We shall see.

edit: re bugs

the only bugs I've encountered have been the game occasionally refusing to show the R1 prompt to save. If I run away a fair distance and then return it usually fixes it, though.

Azerach

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
This Bare Hands challenge is pissing me off. I've done it twice but it doesn't seem to register. Unless some skeleton is hanging on the edge or something, I completed it. grr.

Can't complete trophies with the unlockable costumes on.

Stillmatic

alr1ghtstart said:
Are you grabbing any of the big 3 when the 'O' is displayed? Hitting them with the prompts counts as a weapon kill.

Finished the game last night on Normal, it took me 10 hours. Loved it, though i can't decide if i like this or GoWII better, i'm leaning towards this. It's just right there in your face saying, "i'm fucking awesome". I'll start my Chaos run after i finish the challenges, it's going to be tough.

klier

Quick question guys:

How do I change the bow with the head of Helios??? It's driving me crazy, it's such a NOOB thing :(. I'm now at the flame of Olympia and Pandorra's box, and I know I have to switch, but don't freaking know how...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
klier said:
Quick question guys:

How do I change the bow with the head of Helios??? It's driving me crazy, it's such a NOOB thing :(. I'm now at the flame of Olympia and Pandorra's box, and I know I have to switch, but don't freaking know how...
Hold L2 and press Square for Bow and Triangle for You-Know-What.

theignoramus said:
one fps test on beyond3d showed GoW2 vanilla tearing 55% of the time with average of 45 fps, hardly perfection. funny how history gets rewritten with the passage of time.

edit: sorry, it tore 50% of the time:pS2 avg. of GoW 2 was 45.016 fps, the tearing, 50.794%.

I dont care about useless inane shit like that.

The ONLY time a game has had a distracting level of tearing for me, ever, was Resident Evil 5. Even then I still enjoyed the game immensely.

I notcied some in Heavy Rain when indoors, but again minor.

I barely notice stuff like that.

Ditto for Sonic and Sega All stars racing. Everyone complains and call the frame rate drops 'game breaking'. What a load of shit.

Dogenzaka

Banned
To whoever mentioned it, Santa Monica was definitely under a lot of pressure/rush. They expounded upon this in their making of videos for God of War 3. They even had to squeeze in time to create a game engine that blows other games of this gen out of the water, so they were pretty strapped for time. Some stuff got cut, actually.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dogenzaka said:
To whoever mentioned it, Santa Monica was definitely under a lot of pressure/rush. They expounded upon this in their making of videos for God of War 3. They even had to squeeze in time to create a game engine that blows other games of this gen out of the water, so they were pretty strapped for time. Some stuff got cut, actually.
well, yes, but this is true of most big-budget 'blockbusters', to be fair.

hell, go back and watch the god 1 and 2 docos.

Raziel

Rez said:
with the chain

I'm loving the game but it feels like I only just begun and already the end is in sight! I always get paranoid like that with games that I love playing as I first experience them. Much like noticing your favourite book only has ten pages left or something.

My huge list of 'wow' moments can wait until the game is done, at the moment my only real concerns are that

b) each area isn't really feeling different enough in tone and feel like in God of War II and to a lesser extent I

the only bugs I've encountered have been the game occasionally refusing to show the R1 prompt to save. If I run away a fair distance and then return it usually fixes it, though.
do you mean where
you protect the chain?
if so, not even halfway yet.

JB1981

Rez said:
with the chain

This is what I am worried about too. I just got the
Helios head
. How far into the game am I?

Top Bottom