• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Tom Penny

KAOz said:
I hate the Get Stoned challenge so, so soooooo much. :( Manage to get to 9, then I fuck up. Constantly. And it's the only one I need aswell.

Anyone got any good tips?

How many challenges / arena things are there and is it just like 10 minutes of content?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Square Triangle said:
For those with the Ultimate Edition..

Did your soundtracks of the trilogy and metal both download properly? Mine didn't, the DL finished and gave me an error- called Sony and the guy said there is an issue with the soundtracks at the moment.

Damn you Sony! Damn you!

Mine downloaded properly although it did take a long long time. i was up until 12am putting on my itunes. ugh.

Zeliard

It's probably because I'm coming to this from the cancel-happy Bayonetta, but I'm having issues with the timing on Kratos' roll dodge that I never had in previous GoW games.

Fakto

I hate you guys ! I hate you !

You convinced me to endure and keep Titan's difficulty and try harder ....
Well, after 2 hours of combat with
Hades
... I'm just ... exhausted. Can't kill him/it.

Jim

alr1ghtstart said:
any good spot to start? I'm a few short and the last couple chapters seem pretty devoid of orbs.

Before the Labyrinth on worked for me, depending on difficulty. If you want to do it the super easy way, drop down to the Easy mode (after dying 4 or so times), and I think you get more orbs.

Almost at the end now.

Tail end of the labyrinth. Playing on Easy for now and I'll replay on the higher difficulties again later.

I've screwed Aphrodite sooooo many times. Awesome.

KAOz

Short bus special
Tom Penny said:
How many challenges / arena things are there and is it just like 10 minutes of content?

Only 7, but you can lock up something more after completing them. Don't fully know what it is yet though.

And depending on how good you are, you might spend everything from 40 minutes to a couple of days on the challenges. But, it shouldn't be too hard, so don't expect to get super-duper much out of it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
anyone know what's in (or how to open), those locked doors in the
chamber of the flame
?

There is also around 5000 orbs here. Check the back of the room and use the Helios Head.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
NeoUltima said:
What's with the screen scale option? Should I use it until the corners things are visible? I don't want to smush the picture up though(kinda like how you shrink a large image and it looks all shit like).

Presumably it's for TVs that have overscan. If you have an LCD with a 1:1 pixel mapping option, then you want the screen scale at maximum. If you have a CRT or LCD that doesn't do 1:1 mapping, adjust the scale until the corners fit just right.

In other words, if you can see all the corners properly at max scale, that's how it's supposed to be.

ZeroRay

Started the Zues fight. I gotta say WOW at the area. Also the boss battle, at least the first part anyways plays more like something from Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden than God of War.

Zeliard said:
It's probably because I'm coming to this from the cancel-happy Bayonetta, but I'm having issues with the timing on Kratos' roll dodge that I never had in previous GoW games.

Yeah, playing the GOW3 demo after Bayo was really jarring. Kratos takes a bit longer to dodge. Just remember the heavier the attack is, the longer it takes to roll cancel, some can't be canceled at all like the L1 moves.

Fakto said:
I hate you guys ! I hate you !

You convinced me to endure and keep Titan's difficulty and try harder ....
Well, after 2 hours of combat with
Hades
... I'm just ... exhausted. Can't kill him/it.

I wept too - God mode :-/

protonion

KAOz said:
Holy shit, I did NOT think of that! All this time I've been doing it normally. Thanks alot for that tip man! Hopefully I will make it with that in mind, once I've gathered enough Spartan rage to boot up the PS3 again. :D

Also -like in GoW2- the gorgons counter attack with their gaze when you try to grab them.

So grab-deflect-fail-repeat. If there are many enemies do not fail the qte. Kill a stoned gorgon and grab the one that respawns.Or kill the enemies. Not that hard.
I finished all the challenges in less than an hour...

KAOz

Short bus special
Just did Get Stoned on my first try after winding down and learning of the good way to do it! :D SO fucking chuffed! Thanks alot guys!

The Chef

neos said:
I've played a couple of hours, and ....i don't know what to say.

I'm asking myself: do i really need something else from a videogame? What else can i expect?

No, nothing, i'm done.
This game is all about PURE SATISFACTION.

Jaffe was right.

I love seeing how universally blown away we all are by this game.

Darkatomz

Well I just got to the sex minigame. Was worried there for a bit, it's always been earlier in the other 3 games and I was really wondering when I'd run into it :lol

The Chef

TacticalFox88 said:
Same with Uncharted 2, and too a lesser extent Killzone 2, though the latter was found to have many MP problems later on.

Yeah either its the hardware or the developers but ever since Uncharted release it seems like game after game after game is going beyond anything I thought we would see this gen.
Crazy Ken is vindicated in full.

is opening the chest broken or my R1 is about to crap out on me? when i hold it it would release or somethings kratos would jiggle and move.

EDIT: actually it's the hold button. gliding just stops sometimes.

So I've noticed that whenever you defeat a major boss character there is usually a collectible item lying around somewhere around their corpse. Is there one for
Hermes
? I can't find one in the room anywhere.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good and bad things:

+ Graphics
+ Sound and Music
+ Good'ol classic GoW-gameplay

- Jumping mechanics, what the fuck happened? Why does it have the same problem as Darksiders?
- Ending

Four (?) years of wait, worth it? Yup.

Kamal007

Neo Member
I can't believe how much I fell in love with the herculeus fists you get in the game... when I first saw them at E3 I thought they looked extremely lame and were going to break the fast paced action of the blades... but they quickly became my fav. weapon.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Angst

f@luS said:
bug or gift or i dont know the fuck but soundtrack are freely downloadable here of the official site
That's been mentioned before, but should be removed by now.

As should your links in case they still works...

Spasm

MisterAnderson said:
So I've noticed that whenever you defeat a major boss character there is usually a collectible item lying around somewhere around their corpse. Is there one for
Hermes
? I can't find one in the room anywhere.
Yeah there is, it's
his lucky coin
. You can find it before and after the fight (not during),
under the head of the statue, where you first come into the room

Filldough

Kamal007 said:
I can't believe how much I fell in love with the herculeus fists you get in the game... when I first saw them at E3 I thought they looked extremely lame and were going to break the fast paced action of the blades... but they quickly became my fav. weapon.

Yup! Love the Cestus! I had to force myself to use them too, once I did I couldnt stop!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JWong said:
Uh.... isn't the trophy only for Titan mode?
It is, lol.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
oh man, easy mode is such a joke. In the flying sections you can just not even touch the controller and you'll survive.

GeoramA

Just murdered
Hades
. Shit that was awesome.

Playing on normal and haven't died once yet. I guess playing GoW Collection before this kinda helped.

KnightM7

Banned
Encountered a bug
With the big scorpion. After breaking its legs twice the prompt does not come up after smashing its face, even when using the cestus. It just lays there.
Had to restart from last checkpoint.

The Chef said:
Yeah either its the hardware or the developers but ever since Uncharted release it seems like game after game after game is going beyond anything I thought we would see this gen.
Crazy Ken is vindicated in full.

Do you guys have to ruin threads with shit like this?

KnightM7 said:
Encountered a bug
With the big scorpion. After breaking its legs twice the prompt does not come up after smashing its face, even when using the cestus. It just lays there.
Had to restart from last checkpoint.

Sounds funny, that's a new one.

The only bug I still encounter is the R1 Chest glitch. Still very iffy when trying to open chests. :(

Kamal007 said:

best weapon hands down. pun intended.

KnightM7

Banned
Sounds funny, that's a new one.

The only bug I still encounter is the R1 Chest glitch. Still very iffy when trying to open chests. :(
Yeah it is weird
The first time I broke the onyx I didnt get a prompt, but it woke back up and the onyx GREW BACK. After breaking it again it just lays there.

I also had another glitch before
with aphrodite after coming back from the forge. One of her two companions is invisible and the voices are out of sync

klier

Just killed the second boss.

OMFG, epic stuff. This game is crazy. Uncharted 2 crazy. This is what next gen was supposed to be 6 years ago, I'm telling you guys. Damn.

The Chef

One thing that SM did with the game that I thought was so brilliant was that in Kratos rage and determination to let nothing stand in his way to kill all the gods
he is inadvertently destroying the harmony of the whole planet and each time you kill another god Chaos truly does run through the earth.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Do you guys have to ruin threads with shit like this?

Sorry Michael I fail to see what is so controversial about my post.

Top Bottom