• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Dogenzaka

Banned
Rez said:
well, yes, but this is true of most big-budget 'blockbusters', to be fair.

hell, go back and watch the god 1 and 2 docos.

I did.

It's how SSM works. They're always strapped for time :p Though of course, unlike in GoW1 and GoW2, this time they had to build a whole new engine too..

Silent Death

lemme get one or two licks
The game is way too easy. Beat it twice on normal and hard and never upgraded any weapons.

KnightM7 said:
The game was as long as the first two games for me. [spoilers]8+ hours[/spoilers]

It seemed shorter to me, more along the lines of GOW:COO than the other two main series.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
maybe to my own detriment, in every God of War game, I always max out the main Blades first. Always.

It kind of bugs me how I have to earn the exact same L1+[button] moves back in every single game, but ah well.

I wish I was playing more of this now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Silent Death said:
The game is way too easy. Beat it twice on normal and hard and never upgraded any weapons.

sure you did.

And if you're wondering, you can skip around (assuming you have multiple save files) and collect all of the Godly Possessions.

Snipes424

Just beat it on Titan,

I actually enjoyed the game just as much as my first play through,

I can't really say that about any other game.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Anyone else's Amazon Apollo skin code not work? I actually didn't get one at first, but I contacted them and they responded back like 15 minutes later with one. Doesn't work though. :(

Still haven't received my Slurpee one either, though I also contacted them as well. All this crap over some skins. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to play on Hard, but i figured I'd play through it again almost immediately, so I might as well save Hard for then. Very Hard usually makes me want to off myself, so I'm not sure I'll dabble into it yet.

ZeroRay

NameGenerated said:
Anyone else's Amazon Apollo skin code not work? I actually didn't get one at first, but I contacted them and they responded back like 15 minutes later with one. Doesn't work though. :(

Still haven't received my Slurpee one either, though I also contacted them as well. All this crap over some skins. :lol

Those guys still haven't emailed mine. They'll be hearing from my lawyers soon. :p

Silent Death

alr1ghtstart said:
sure you did.

And if you're wondering, you can skip around (assuming you have multiple save files) and collect all of the Godly Possessions.

I meant I beat the game twice, once on normal and once on hard, and never upgraded any weapons.

Tideas

Banned
this is the greatest game ever to have bee made. the end

Silent Death said:
I meant I beat the game twice, once on normal and once on hard, and never upgraded any weapons.

pic or didn't happen

I'll have my copy in about 10 hours :D

Ended up paying £37 instead of £33, but you can't beat ShopTo delivery service, never using TheGameCollection again for that fuck up on their behalf.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
Lol I feel stupid... at the last boss

I kept pressing circle for god who knows how long... wondering why the hell it was taking so long to kill Zeus :lol

Amazing game... still trying to take it all in!

The Chef

My god...Just got done fighting
Hercules
I had chills the whole time through that fight. This game just continues to one up itself.

Also I loved Gow1 and 2 but is it just me or does the combat and switching between all the weapons feel so much better now. Combat is so damn fun they do such a great job making you feel truly unstoppable when your chaining all your combos together.

-PXG-

Beat the game this morning. Bravo SSM. Epic isn't a strong enough word to describe this masterpiece.

I brought the game and my PS3 over to a friend's house today. I think we one more person to the PS3 NPD numbers in the near future. He had to pause the game at one point to take in what was happening on screen. He just couldn't believe it. Oh, and we were playing on a 50" screen with 5.1 surround sound. I think that had something to do with it too. :lol

LowParry

shagg_187 said:
Took me 11 hours to beat the game (including changing the difficulty from hard to easy in the last 30 minutes).

Fucking ass,
Fire Cerberus pussied me out.

If you thought that was bad...you were in for more frustration later on. :lol Which I'm stuck on but I'll be damned to let that put me down.

Silent Death

alr1ghtstart said:
You had zero problems with Titan mode?

At first, during hard mode, I died a lot till I realized I had to be more conservative with my attacks and block and dodge more. On normal all I really did was button mash and rarely dodge or block. Also on normal mode I could by pass a number of health caskets before needing to use one, on hard mode I needed every last casket I came across. I don't know if it's my recollection or if I've gotten better, but I didn't have nearly the trouble with this game than the last two. I certainly never made it through hard mode on the other two games without upgrading, I did do it on normal mode though.

DualShadow said:
:lol GAF's obsession with pic's

But
Proof would be nice :p

If you want you can come over and watch me load up the last save and play it for yourself.

nskinnear said:
:lol I did the same thing. I thought
"the fuck isn't this guy dead yet?"
:lol

A mere 10 seconds into it, I knew exactly what was happening but I was so furious after what happened earlier in the game that I decided to continue and laugh maniacally for the next 5 minutes...

lantus

shagg_187 said:
Took me 11 hours to beat the game (including changing the difficulty from hard to easy in the last 30 minutes).

Fucking ass,
Fire Cerberus pussied me out.

I just beat the game a few minutes ago as well, and I found that fight to be the hardest part of the game for me.

ZeroRay

Dogenzaka said:
I did.

It's how SSM works. They're always strapped for time :p Though of course, unlike in GoW1 and GoW2, this time they had to build a whole new engine too..

Sony should give these guys Valve time, I wouldn't mind.

Then again, they already give it to Team Ico and Polyphony Digital. :lol

Phatcorns

NameGenerated said:

If you're following the instructions in the email that says to go to that webpage, don't. Just enter it in the redeem code section on PSN. Did it for me anyway. Check the amazon community forums for more info, that's where I found out about it.

kaskade

I'm trying to take it fairly slow, as in not playing for 3 hours in a row. I have never had a game make me say out loud "oh shit".
beating in hercules' face was fucking awesome

Rikyfree

Phatcorns said:
If you're following the instructions in the email that says to go to that webpage, don't. Just enter it in the redeem code section on PSN. Did it for me anyway. Check the amazon community forums for more info, that's where I found out about it.
Still waiting on my fucking phantom skin. How hard is it to be like everyone else and just have it be redeemable right off the bat, sony? I mean wtf seriously.

Silent Death

KB24 said:
So it took you around 4 hours? ....
First Time I beat it on normal in 6:33:52.

The second on hard was 8:25:22

Obviously GOW:COO total play time was shorter than my GOW3 playtime. I should have said, my perception of it was that GOW3 was just as long as COO, obviously this isn't true in actual length.

Finally got it today. Just beat Hades. Awesome fight.

Pretty great game so far. I still haven't gone WOW, but its still a great game. The graphics are insane Kratos and the minotaurs look so good.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I came in here to see if it was short. I figured it was because I'm 3 hours in and I've already maxed the blades of exile.

Oh well, great game otherwise. Except for those damn harpies. Keep falling.

dralla

wow, maxed out weapons are so damn good. the part near the end that a lot of people have trouble with,
I used maxed out Hades Claws with the Siren soul, it basically damages/stuns all enemies on screen since the room is so small. this gives you time to move away from the spikes or stun enemies in them. and best of all, there's no animation for summoning souls, so you don't have to worry about dying in the spikes because your stuck in the magic animation.

maxed out nemesis are also awesome. combo'ing into its lvl 3 magic attack with the 'charged' attacks is quite the spectacle.

the combat in this game is so good.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit, my PS3 sounds like a jet-engine!

this is not normal.

any idea what's causing it?

I'm just playing the game, like usual.

Beat it in 1.5 sittings, really great shit.

Don't know if I like it more than I liked GoW2 at the time, it absolutely trumps it in terms of spectacle, but it lacks the epic odyssey feeling you get from the 2nd game.

*edit*
All this length discussion is what I mean, the play time may be the same, the physical size of the levels may be bigger, but the fact that it's all contained in what is essentially one location as opposed to traversing the (known) world in the 2nd makes it seem shorter, since traversing vertical distance feels like you're stuck in one spot.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hmmm, how does one go about securing a Morpheus skin code?
Was that preorder/retail exclusive like the Apollo and Chaos skins?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Rez said:
holy shit, my PS3 sounds like a jet-engine!

this is not normal.

any idea what's causing it?

I'm just playing the game, like usual.

you are entering 4d

MickeyKnox said:
Beat it in 1.5 sittings, really great shit.

Don't know if I like it more than I liked GoW2 at the time, it absolutely trumps it in terms of spectacle, but it lacks the epic odyssey feeling you get from the 2nd game.

*edit*
All this length discussion is what I mean, the play time may be the same, the physical size of the levels may be bigger, but the fact that it's all contained in what is essentially one location as opposed to traversing the (known) world in the 2nd makes it seem shorter, since traversing vertical distance feels like you're stuck in one spot.

absolutely agree. it's not that it IS short, it's that it feels short. there's almost no downtime.

Top Bottom