• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Silent Death said:
At first, during hard mode, I died a lot till I realized I had to be more conservative with my attacks and block and dodge more. On normal all I really did was button mash and rarely dodge or block. Also on normal mode I could by pass a number of health caskets before needing to use one, on hard mode I needed every last casket I came across. I don't know if it's my recollection or if I've gotten better, but I didn't have nearly the trouble with this game than the last two. I certainly never made it through hard mode on the other two games without upgrading, I did do it on normal mode though.

If you want you can come over and watch me load up the last save and play it for yourself.

I guess its not too easy like your first post says if you had to strategize that much.

And even if you didn't upgrade any weapons, I bet you upgraded your magic.

Kak.efes

G-Fex said:
wow that's some epic shit right there. Just started the game.

I almost feel sorry for Poseidon

You do some pretty horrific things to Poseidon, even after the fact. I guess you'll see eventually ;)

Kak.efes said:
You do some pretty horrific things to Poseidon, even after the fact. I guess you'll see eventually ;)

Did u happen to notice the guy you quoted used spoiler tags?

Please do the same, not everyone has played the game.

Yes i know Poseidon was a pretty known boss already but not everyone would know

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
LiquidMetal14 said:
For those saying it's short, I'm only at the beginning of Ch.8 on Titan with 8 hrs logged.

What is chapter 8? The games never really split it up like that.

nskinnear said:
You fight in a pretty dark room, but it didn't seem overly dark to me. You might want to check your TV.

I changed the color option from FULL to LIMITED and it looks way better now. Full made everything look dark and saturated.

Canova

Banned
ok this game is epic.

didn't quite like it in the beginning. blade of athenas feels kinda weak. when i hit the enemies feels just like hitting air, there's no 'umph' to it. but once i got the next 2 weapons and upgraded them, i can really the power of kratos

So, for the most part, I was on a media blackout for this game prior to playing it. The only footage I saw for this game was the demo and a couple screen-shots showing the first parts of the game.

I started playing the game about two hours ago and... HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT ON A STICK! This is incredible! I can't believe that the game runs at 60 frames in some parts. It blows my mind. The lighting sometimes makes the game look like CG. Really incredible stuff. Good show, Santa Monica.

RPGCrazied

lol okay, cause my brother is gonna rent it.. I dont own a PS3, I was gonna go over there an play it all day, I guess Ill have to return on sunday to finish

elcapitan

My PS3 was getting real loud so I just gave it an overdue vacuuming, back to a low hum now. Guess the game's really pushing the system.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Can someone tell me without spoiling if there is a boss battle that rivals
Poseidon
? I just beat
hades
and while it was entertaining it clearly was a step down.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
neojubei said:
Just beat the game and the credits are rolling now. oh snap!!!!

Elijah Wood
?
If the internets is a correct source, I guess he was suppose to play Pan but it got cut.

Stillmatic

Playing through the challenges has me craving for a co-op horde style mode. They could've set up a coliseum styled arena, you and a friend on/offline take on waves of enemies, would've been magic i tell ya.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Reading this thread earlier you guys had me all freaked out about fighting
Hades
on Titan mode. Beat him in 3 tries...:lol

It really wasnt too bad once you figured out the attack patterns and the best way to take him out. An incredibly AWESOME battle it was with him too....wow!

tzare

just reached the same part that was in the demo. WOW. Game is awesome, even gameplay and combat is the same as always, it has subtle changed and improved and feels sooooooooo fluid now.
So rewarding, spectacular. And image quality is just beyond anything else.

Melfice7

im taking my sweet time (and dying alot) in titan. just beat
the scorpion
and im with 10h, no clue how much game theres left and dont care :3

Kak.efes

DualShadow said:
Did u happen to notice the guy you quoted used spoiler tags?

Please do the same, not everyone has played the game.

Yes i know Poseidon was a pretty known boss already but not everyone would know

I couldn't be any more ambiguous, relax.

-PXG-

Oh shoot. How could I possibly not give props to Terrence Carson? He did a great job, of course.

Unrelated, I beat the game on Normal, in under 8 hours. I should have just played on Hard.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Corran Horn said:
Ya but its gonna be around 10~ hours depending on your skill.
According to the guide
the Labyrinth
is right about Ch.8. I'm going by the way the guide lists the story progression. There are 11 in total and the section I am entering can be a long section depending on how you handle it.

Le-mo

~Kinggi~ said:
Can someone tell me without spoiling if there is a boss battle that rivals
Poseidon
? I just beat
hades
and while it was entertaining it clearly was a step down.
Yes.
Cronos

The Chef

So, for the most part, I was on a media blackout for this game prior to playing it. The only footage I saw for this game was the demo and a couple screen-shots showing the first parts of the game.

I started playing the game about two hours ago and... HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT ON A STICK! This is incredible! I can't believe that the game runs at 60 frames in some parts. It blows my mind. The lighting sometimes makes the game look like CG. Really incredible stuff. Good show, Santa Monica.

:lol Bout time you joined the party bro. I feel the same way I mean I thought it would be a long long time till something really floored me after Uncharted 2 but holy hell this game is just the most exhilarating fun time I have had this gen and thats saying a lot.

I wonder if the Sony devs get pissed when they get one up and they are determine to make their game look bettter. I can see ND right now 'We'll show those bastards at SSM whos th REAL graphics king'. :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TacticalFox88 said:
I wonder if the Sony devs get pissed when they get one up and they are determine to make their game look bettter. I can see ND right now 'We'll show those bastards at SSM whos th REAL graphics king'. :lol

Meanwhile Guerrilla Games laughs from the other side of the ocean.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
TTP said:
I can't wait to see what KZ3 looks like man. If it is a similar jump to what Naughty Dog achieved from Uncharted 1 to 2, then my head will freaking explode. Boom.
Back to GOW3: this game is fucking amazing. Buy it if you have a PS3.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I remember people laughing when someone (was it N'Gai?) said God of War 3 would overtake Uncharted 2 in the graphics department. My how things have changed.

aristotle

I haven't played too far into this game but damn it's amazing. Just beat
Hades
. Mammoth scale is an understatement.

What is a good upgrade path for those who have beaten the game already? I'm playing on Titan (hard) btw. I don't want to know what other weapons I may find along the way
I had no idea I would get Hades' hooks ;).
So for anyone who responds just say max the second/first/third/whatever weapon if you can please :). I've only upgraded the blades to level 2. I don't want to waste any red orbs by upgrading something I won't use very much.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TacticalFox88 said:
Meanwhile at sony hq
keikaku.jpg

Kaako

Felium Defensor
aristotle said:
I haven't played too far into this game but damn it's amazing. Just beat
Hades
. Mammoth scale is an understatement.

What is a good upgrade path for those who have beaten the game already? I'm playing on Titan (hard) btw. I don't want to know what other weapons I may find along the way
I had no idea I would get Hades' hooks ;).
So for anyone who responds just say max the second/first/third/whatever weapon if you can please :). I've only upgraded the blades to level 2. I don't want to waste any red orbs by upgrading something I won't use very much.
What I always do is upgrade my blades to MAX. I'll save up all the orbs in the world just for this. Then I suggest you upgrade the
Lion heads, the bow, and etc...

-PXG- said:
Oh shoot. How could I possibly not give props to Terrence Carson? He did a great job, of course.

Are you deaf? He did a teeeerrrrrible job, and he looked even more baked in the behind the scenes video this time around than he did on GoW2's bonus content (and he was really fucking high in those clips) Everyone else did really good work.

TTP said:
... and we all end up winning.

*hugs PS3*

I love my Xbox, but dayum do some PS3 games feel like they're a half-step into next-next-gen already.

VariantX04

MickeyKnox said:
Are you deaf? He did a teeeerrrrrible job, and he looked even more baked in the behind the scenes video this time around than he did on GoW2's bonus content (and he was really fucking high in those clips) Everyone else did really good work.
He didn't look high at all. Didn't sound high either. Voice actors have their own techniques in order to get into the groove and tone of voice they need. He looked more focused to me actually.

TTP said:
And on that side of the ocean:
evan_wells

Back from dinner with @Media_Molecule. These guys are amazing. Thanks for a great night. Looking forward to seeing your studio tomorrow.
Welcome to the club, MM.

VariantX04

RavenFox said:
wtf is that suppose to mean? KZ2 was made that way for a reason not because they couldn't do color.
Seriously, I don't know why people want more color in the Killzone universe. It's meant to look that drab and muted.

Top Bottom