• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

I just read that over 2000 copies of the game were sold at the official release in a store in São Paulo (brazil). Here are some videos of the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRlMpgfjBiw -> Kratos, really nice :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeokxCgJ8nk

Pics

txm.jpg

znn.jpg

0,,38435193-FMM,00.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
heres a technical hypothetical question for you techsavvy guys out there :

What would have / could have been different if lets say the ps3s ram were doubled? And just to get some ramification lets answer this with regards to gow3

jmd494

Does the HUD disappear when not fighting? What about the Rage of the Titans indicator?

I have a brand new plasma and don't want any pre-break-in image retention.

bunbun777

Well I finished this beast, am now going through it again in titan mode, I have to say:

Titan is much more fun than normal, also much more difficult for me. I realized I am not that great and tended to just mash and not pull off that many interesting combos- but now....I have to block! and combos are coming now, sure I seem to restart too much- NO I do not want to switch to easy mode thankyou - everything seems much more satisfying.

This game melts my face.

Trevelyon

BeeDog said:
Seriously, what's the best fucking way of disposing the Satyrs? Definitely the hardest enemies in the game for me.

Claw of Hades + set Gorgon Soul = Satyrs ain't shit.

Beat the cerberus on the first try with it on. I can't believe I didn't try it sooner. /facepalm

Baha

Crisco said:
Can you do the 1000 hit combo trophy in the combat arena?

There's a very easy/cheap way of getting that trophy
after getting out of Hades and making your way to a Spartan door that requires you to kill hordes of enemies, equip the Hades hooks and do L1+O over and over again. The move is weak and won't kill them which means you can spam it over and over again till you reach 1000 hits. If your combo meter keeps getting interrupted, do this on easy.

ZeroRay

Corky said:

What would have / could have been different if lets say the ps3s ram were doubled? And just to get some ramification lets answer this with regards to gow3

Twice the memory would allow better textures and better/higher resolution effects to be shown on screen, more detailed character models, bigger scale, etc. Basically like putting an Expansion Pak on your PS3.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Ok I need help,
Hades kicked my ass repeatedly. Should I upgrade my bow and stay at range for next try? Can I change the difficulty mid-game to easy?

Baha

DeadGzuz said:
Ok I need help,
Hades kicked my ass repeatedly. Should I upgrade my bow and stay at range for next try? Can I change the difficulty mid-game to easy?

You can change the difficulty to easy only if you die a lot.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Corky said:

You could have larger textures but the same low bandwidth. A better upgrade would be 256-bit memory.

Dever

Banned
Trevelyon said:

Beat the cerberus on the first try with it on. I can't believe I didn't try it sooner. /facepalm

...By the gods. Will try this. :lol

BeeDog

Trevelyon said:

... that's fucking brilliant. Thanks!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm looking at the Making Of videos now and I think that Tim Moss looks like Jason West from IW.

Same person? It is a mystery.

teepo

titan mode has been kicking my ass. i just recently plowed through the gow collection on normal settings and barely broke a sweat. now can't break out of the habit of button mashing and once i do and develop a pattern, they introduce some new enemy or boss to just fuck everything up. with all said and done, i'm loving it so much more now that i'm actually having to try.

fantastic game so far.

BeeDog said:
Seriously, what's the best fucking way of disposing the Satyrs? Definitely the hardest enemies in the game for me.

Grab them three times, they are dead. Problem is they can interrupt you so use a spell or something to disrupt others. All it takes is three throws, you dont even have to hit them.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Thanks nskinnear. I apparently was doing it all wrong, the furthest I got was the flying skulls part, once...

I have yet to block anything, so that was one of my main problems. Any insight on when to unleash the titan rage or whatever it is called when you pull out the sword? Maybe speed up the middle section with it.

FUCK BARE HANDS

FUCKIT FUCKIT FUCKIT

Every time I try to run one of the big guys off the edge it gets me into that head smashing on the rock animation or it makes me pass right by them and when I try to back up it makes me hit them and make them go towards the center

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Raist

Banned
Just watched the "character art" video. wtf happened to the crow scene? It looks like it wasn't just a teaser and supposed to make it in the final game.

edit: Brian Ka Chun Yu. FUCK YOU, Sir!
apparently he's reponsible for the Scorpion fight :p

jett

D-Member
Can someone explain to me how the fuck to beat what I think is the final boss in this game?
fighting zeus around gaia's heart
. There has to be a trick to it, but fuck it if I can figure it out.

Enojado

nskinnear said:
Yes, you should upgrade the bow. That's how I beat him.

*snip*
Awesome. I was also having trouble at that boss. Once I kept my distance by using the bow it was an easy battle.

polyh3dron said:
FUCK BARE HANDS

FUCKIT FUCKIT FUCKIT

Every time I try to run one of the big guys off the edge it gets me into that head smashing on the rock animation or it makes me pass right by them and when I try to back up it makes me hit them and make them go towards the center

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It's hard, very very hard. I can't recall the amount of times the timer ran out while i was killing the last enemy. The trick really is to push the stone guys and the big guy off the platform, but that's not easy - it's more luck than anything else. The collisions don't work very well sometimes, and grabbing enemies can be very frustrating when near a bigger enemy, especially when it triggers a mini-game. Surprisingly, when i managed to beat this challenge, i had about 10 seconds left on the clock.

BeeDog

jett said:
Can someone explain to me how the fuck to beat what I think is the final boss in this game?

When the heart lights up (you'll hear a big Gaia sound right beforehand), attack the heart immediately until it stops glowing/stops spitting out green orbs. Then keep pummeling Zeus until the heart glows again. Rinse and repeat.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I took a little break from Yakuza 3 and started GoW3. Hmm, can't really say I'm impressed. So far I'm an hour in and I can't stand the QTE prompts positioning on the screen. I guess I've been spoiled by Heavy Rain and Yakuza 3 in that regard.

In terms of the visuals it is a beautiful game but the gameplay to cutscene transition is extremely distracting. These "realtime" cutscenes look so much better than the gameplay that I wish they didn't add so many filters to them.

Gameplay is typical GoW, start
over powered, get Metroided, Hades, start game
:lol The never ending formula.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
jett said:
I had a tough time too. The solution:
spam the normal Blade's triangle hit...I think you repeatedly tap triangle? This launches Zeus in the air and you can keep mashing triangle. I beat him with full health on Titan mode with this strategy.

stuck on titan mode:

just went through
the labyrinth and the icarus drop right after it... now i'm in the part where you do the "three trials" for the judges early on, where there's a cerberus that shoots exploding fucking dogs. finally rip off one of the heads and a satyr shows up. rip off a second head and you get a second satyr.

I can't do it! I need help. :(

Raist

Banned
jett said:

Use L1 to throw back his electricity salvas at him
Constantly move and stay quite away to prevent him doing his triple punch attack which hurts a lot
Use L1+O to grapple him and dash, then spam triangle to him him while he falls. If he starts raising, dash away to avoid the ground smashing attack thing.
As soon as Gaia growls, rush towards its heart and spam L1+square to draw all health orbs before Zeus does
Clones are a bit annoying but L1+O and L1+square are very useful as well

BeeDog

burgerdog said:
Is it possible to max out all your weapons/items in one play through? I think I'm about half way and I'm not even close.

Definitely. During my Normal run, I maxed everything out, and still ended up having almost 22000 orbs by the end of the game.

KingGondo

Banned
corrosivefrost said:
stuck on titan mode:

just went through
the labyrinth and the icarus drop right after it... now i'm in the part where you do the "three trials" for the judges early on, where there's a cerberus that shoots exploding fucking dogs. finally rip off one of the heads and a satyr shows up. rip off a second head and you get a second satyr.

I can't do it! I need help. :(
I try to get through the first Cerberus stage without using magic or Spartan Rage (or whatever it's called this time). Kick the hounds back at the big Cerberus and roll away if they're about to explode. Focus on evasion for this round.

In the second stage, I focused on using the blades of exile magic (can't remember what it's called, with the shields and arrows) when the cerberus and satys are together, and using circle to grab the satyrs when they're isolated.

In the third stage, I used Spartan Rage (R3 and L3) and went after the satyrs first. The cerberus is much easier to take down without them bugging you.

Top Bottom