• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Click

Banned
IAMBEEFLESS said:
Just beat it on Titan difficulty not too long ago. My biggest complaint is actually within the story. I just hate the fact the Kratos can kill immortal beings with his bare hands.

Yeah, but he still kills most of the important / powerful ones with the Blade of Olympus.

aristotle

Valkyr Junkie said:
I someone could make me a Obama Hope avatar of Kratos, that would be awesome :D

Have fun ;)

http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/entries/by_style?style=obamicon

Also for the very last boss fight :
Zeus in the Gaia's heart room. It's incredibly easy, although this strategy may make the fight last a bit longer. Switch to the last weapon (forgot the name..the green chain thingy from Hephastus. Just spam L1+O. He can hardly get out of it and break your combo. Just make sure you always go for Gaia's heart when it glows to stop Zeus from getting his health back. Sometimes if he gets too many clones going, run away and wait for the very last slam drop the real Zeus does. You can't block it or parry it. You just have to be off the ground when it goes off. Then go right back into spamming L1+O. If you get completely surrounded and they keep breaking the L1+O chain, just throw down some magic which is a long lasting shock. That should take care of the clones. Then go back to L1+O spam. Rinse and repeat as necessary. ;) I hope that helps someone.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Click said:
Yeah, but he still kills most of the important / powerful ones with the Blade of Olympus.

God-wise, he only kills Zeus with it. He just snaps the neck of Poseidon(who is one of the most powerful gods) and hera, rips off helios head, and hermes dies from losing his legs somehow.

The Chef

jett said:
:lol I'll replay it on hard now. I was going to start on Titan but I didn't want my first experience of the game marred with frustration. I had been playing GOW2 last week on hard mode and some parts pissed me the fuck off. :p

:D I totally understand. There were some parts in GOW2 that I remember wanting to break the controller at.

I have to say though I feel like I have a lot more refined control over Kratos this time that even the most difficult parts aren't making me nearly as angry since it just exposes some in-efficiency that I am relying on when I die over and over again.

Slurmer

Banned
Baha said:
There's a very easy/cheap way of getting that trophy
after getting out of Hades and making your way to a Spartan door that requires you to kill hordes of enemies, equip the Hades hooks and do L1+O over and over again. The move is weak and won't kill them which means you can spam it over and over again till you reach 1000 hits. If your combo meter keeps getting interrupted, do this on easy.

or you can just
attack the remnants of the scorpion boss with the whip

~Kinggi~

Banned
Finally beat it!!! Damn that shit was tense. The very end left a bit to be desired though, kind of anti-climatic. But up until the final scenes everything was suitably epic.

Also, this game has the best Making-of content hands down. Is the big "Making of GoW 3" a compilation of all the smaller videos that unlock at the end, or is it its own separate video?? I watched the Poseidon video and that was like 20 minutes long, and they actually catered to the people that know what the hell they are talking about. I loved to see them talk about how they used the normal maps and everything. How many freaken hours of content is there? Its all in HD too, so amazing....

IAMBEEFLESS said:
Just beat it on Titan difficulty not too long ago. My biggest complaint is actually within the story. I just hate the fact the Kratos can kill immortal beings with his bare hands.

Well he is Zeus' son, used to be a god, opened pandora's box, and is always getting help from Athena's crazy ass. That stuff helps.

jett

D-Member
What's the point of the soul sucking move anyway? Total crap.

~Kinggi~ said:
Finally beat it!!! Damn that shit was tense. The very end left a bit to be desired though, kind of anti-climatic. But up until the final scenes everything was suitably epic.

Also, this game has the best Making-of content hands down. Is the big "Making of GoW 3" a compilation of all the smaller videos that unlock at the end, or is it its own separate video?? I watched the Poseidon video and that was like 20 minutes long, and they actually catered to the people that know what the hell they are talking about. I loved to see them talk about how they used the normal maps and everything. How many freaken hours of content is there? Its all in HD too, so amazing....

"The Making Of" is its own thing. I think there's like three hours of bonus material up in this bitch. It's crazy.

Decado

Fuck me. I can't beat Zeus (just normal difficulty). It seems like I fight the guy forever before getting worn down and finally dying. Any tips?

~Kinggi~

Banned
jett said:

"The Making Of" is its own thing. I think there's like three hours of bonus material up in this bitch. It's crazy.
It's not even special edition. EVERY FUCKING DEVELOPER making a AAA game should do this damnit!

V_Ben

Banned
jett said:

This is what I love about the god of war games. So much extra content. Although, I would have loved to see a lost levels section. Always loved seeing what had been cut.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Choke on the Magic said:
I'm pissed that there's no Cod of War costume for this one. I was looking forward to a fish costume with physics.

They dropped the ball on costumes. No joke one at all, and the ones that even are available aren't very interesting--not to mention you can't fucking get all of them unless you preordered the game at like 4 different places and buy the ultimate waste of money.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Papercuts said:
They dropped the ball on costumes. No joke one at all, and the ones that even are available aren't very interesting--not to mention you can't fucking get all of them unless you preordered the game at like 4 different places and buy the ultimate waste of money.

The costumes should be up on psn maybe in a few months. I really hate Pre-order DLC. Mass Effect 2 was the same way.

The Apollo costume is quite good, I like it. Then again I never liked the cod of war or those silly costumes.

DasRaven

Finally finished my first GOW run ever on Titan. I always meant to play the other two, but never got around to it. After this one, I'm strongly considering picking up the collection.

This studio is the BAUCE!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's been one helluva ride but I've loved every second of it!

Platinumed :)!

JohngPR

Every time I fall into this pit while
holding Helios' head,
the game keeps freezing.

I'm trying to play GOW III but an episode of The Tester broke out instead.

Neiteio

The best DLC content would be an all-new Titan encounter. Gaia and Cronos were unforgettable high points of the game. I'd happily pay $10 for a chance to scale the body of another Titan, maybe the electric or fire one (what were their names?).

I have no idea how they'd shoehorn it into the narrative, but by the gods would that be amazing... Actually, now that I think of it, it'd be slick to play as one of the -other- gods against the Titans in a prequel episode. Hmm...

Neiteio said:
The best DLC content would be an all-new Titan encounter. Gaia and Cronos were unforgettable high points of the game. I'd happily pay $10 for a chance to scale the body of another Titan, maybe the electric or fire one (what were their names?).

I have no idea how they'd shoehorn it into the narrative, but by the gods would that be amazing... Actually, now that I think of it, it'd be slick to play as one of the -other- gods against the Titans in a prequel episode. Hmm...

The cut "epilogue" they've been talking about seems to have something to do with another giant boss encounter. Not sure what, though.

Neiteio

Pai Pai Master said:
The cut "epilogue" they've been talking about seems to have something to do with another giant boss encounter. Not sure what, though.
It's not that I doubt you, but could you point me toward the interview or whatever where they state/allude to it involving a Tian(-esque) figure?

Just finished GoWII tonight and moved directly on to this. I can't believe the leap in visuals and presentation from only a three year gap and a move to new hardware. Insane.

I can't imagine what we'll be seeing from the PS3 by the end of it's life-cycle. This shit is unreal!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I fucking loved the making of videos (all of them). Freaking amazing stuff and I'm so glad they included it on all versions. Ya'll could make a tv show out of it and I'd watch every episode. Shit was entertaining and at times, awe-inspiring.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
X-Burner said:
I'm going to be completing another Titan Walkthrough with techniques i use to beat bosses easily, and uploading them to youtube. if anyone cares here's my channel.

http://www.youtube.com/xkonohaflash
Nice. I was gonna do that but gave up and instead recorded myself playing on Easy with Fear Kratos. So much easier than playing on Titan! :lol

I fucking loved the making of videos (all of them). Freaking amazing stuff and I'm so glad they included it on all versions. Ya'll could make a tv show out of it and I'd watch every episode. Shit was entertaining and at times, awe-inspiring.

Agreed. I love making-of stuff and these are done well and not just a 5 minute bullshit making-of-video for box quote.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The Chef said:
I have never had a problem immediately going on the offensive or defensive when doing a roll.

You played it on normal? Jett, Jett your such a pussy. I expected more from you.

really?..cause the delay is right there..in the game...youre vulnerable for a good halfa seond after rolling..pretty damn noticable imo

Exactly how long is "Making of" video?

Video player is such a shit. Only on screen controls are stop, pause and play. It's fucking terrible. If I quit, I'll be forced to restart from beginning.

NameGenerated said:
Around 45 minutes or so.

Thanks.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
nskinnear said:
Roll + Square immediately after works wonders.

and isnt always an option in a game which tends to pit you against a thousand enemies at the same time..but sure yea why not

jett said:
Am I the only one that thought this is how you gained new souls for your special?

When I realized that wasn't the case I was so disappointed

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Agent White said:
Am I the only one that thought this is how you gained new souls for your special?

When I realized that wasn't the case I was so disappointed

I think the point is, souls you pull off the enemies go back at them hurting them and those nearby.

Finally finished the game. Zeus is one tough motherfucker. Definitely my game of the year so far.

I have to commend Sony and team Santa Monica on their job with this game. Like Uncharted, Gow 3 is really moving the games industry forward. The bar has been raised.

Neiteio

original_image.png

Top Bottom