• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

WilyRook

Got the platinum. I wish that site showed how many platinums are needed to clear the image, if that's what's even going on there.

Actually, now that I think of it, it's probably 300.

Edit: I must be drunk, how many copies have sold the past week? I'm sure there's well over 300 platinums earned by now...

Kittonwy

Banned
Trevelyon said:
Claw of Hades + set Gorgon Soul = Satyrs ain't shit.

Beat the cerberus on the first try with it on. I can't believe I didn't try it sooner. /facepalm

That works well (provided you don't miss, otherwise you're fucked), that encounter was more frustrating than every other boss so far.
Indifferent2.gif

corrosivefrost said:
The real point is -- it rips those ground scythe arm bitches out from mole-land.

A normal L1+O with the blades does that. It made those guys a breeze after giving me a hard time in the first two games.

ultron87

Yeah, I really could've lived without (boss right before 4th weapon spoiler)
ripping off Chronos' finger nail.
Ew ew ew ew ew ew eeeww eeeeeww.

But besides that, that was an amazing fight.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Anyone else shocked at how much of an asshole Malcom McDowell was in the VA section? He seemed genuinely angry when he started his 'don't make me do 2 takes for everything' rant. I could see that clashing with your personal method of getting things done, but man, what a dick :lol

RainbowByte

Neo Member
lttp on this, but finally beat it and loved it aside from the platforming parts which i suck terribly at. still my goty.
once i got the hades claws I never really bothered using the blades of exile. Although the cestus are pretty f'ing amazing to use full time at the end parts.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Darunia said:
Anyone else shocked at how much of an asshole Malcom McDowell was in the VA section? He seemed genuinely angry when he started his 'don't make me do 2 takes for everything' rant. I could see that clashing with your personal method of getting things done, but man, what a dick :lol

Yeah. I JUST watched that scene actually, and i was really surprised. Kevin Sorbo, on the other hand, was totally badass.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Darunia said:
who did/does he voice?

SlickVic

Played about 10 hours over the weekend up to
beating the Scorpion boss
and definitely loving the bosses so far. Only one that's annoyed me so far is
Hades. Fun fight but just frustrating to get to the 3rd stage, die, and start over from the beginning

Really wish I could've beaten it but was only home with my PS3 for the weekend and won't be able to play it for another month. :( Imagine I got pretty close to the end too.

DihcarEM

Darunia said:
daedalus. I wasn't aware of it while playing the game either.

I did sorta suspect it was him the first time i heard him.
Kratos was a badass sob:
"Your son is dead."

And yeah Kevin Sorbo was awesome, i loved his Hercules series. He's such a nice guy in real life.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
BTW, I noticed
special thanks to Elijah Woods
on the credit roll under voice actors. What roll did he play in the voice acting?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
neorej said:
BTW, I noticed
on the credit roll under voice actors. What roll did he play in the voice acting?
Hermes

wizword

Banned
I had alot of problems with this game versus the other god of wars

1. Kratos was an asshole in this game. He just was incredibly unlikeable the whole game his character unlike the first 2 games.
He killed the only likeable character in the game (Hephastus) making me actually want to quit the game. SCE santa monica really shouldn't have killed the only LIKEABLE character in the game. It just made me want to quit and stop playing the game.
2.They kept showing the same epic set pieces over and over. I felt like this was due to budget (graphics were incredible) but come on the game basically only had
3 different stages that made up 80% of the game. The labrynth, Hell, and Mt. Olympus specifically where pandora box is. By the end of the game you go to all of them at least twice.
. Basically Causes the end of the game to be anti climatic.
3. The final boss fight sucks. It is easy, and not really bad-ass. I mean it is probably the worst boss fight in the game.
4.They added the worst enemy in god of war and he appears about 10 times as much (the fucker that blocks). They do too much damage and are a bitch to kill. I mean there is no way to beat those guys without taking damage. Those enemies are a pain

BeeDog

How the fuck do you finish the "Bare Hands" and "Simply Smashing" challenges? The first one is the hardest by far, and I can't come up with a working strategy for the second one. Compared to these, all other challenges were a breeze.

DihcarEM

wizword said:

1. Kratos was an asshole in this game. He just was incredibly unlikeable the whole game his character unlike the first 2 games.
He killed the only likeable character in the game (Hephastus) making me actually want to quit the game. SCE santa monica really shouldn't have killed the only LIKEABLE character in the game. It just made me want to quit and stop playing the game.

Kratos only killed him because Hephastus betrayed him. We later on learn from Kratos that he did respect Hephastus actions as a father protecting their child. But there was definitely nothing wrong with Kratos killing the backstabbing bastard.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
BeeDog said:
How the fuck do you finish the "Bare Hands" and "Simply Smashing" challenges? The first one is the hardest by far, and I can't come up with a working strategy for the second one. Compared to these, all other challenges were a breeze.

For Bare Hands, you obviously need to rely on the grunt ram (O, square) to finish off the statues. If you circle around them they go down quick. do NOT engage in the minigame, this eats up way too much time. Just grunt ram like a madman and make sure you don't hit any of the stones. Kratos crushes the enemy against it and the animation for that is another time eater. you should have finished off at least one statue when the cyclops appears. when he does, once again grunt ram the shit out of him and don't do the minigame.

so basically: grunt ram x 100

Simply Smashing is the pot breaking game right? only do single strikes, no combos. that one's easy.

BeeDog

Darunia said:
For Bare Hands, you obviously need to rely on the grunt ram (O, square) to finish off the statues. If you circle around them they go down quick. do NOT engage in the minigame, this eats up way too much time. Just grunt ram like a madman and make sure you don't hit any of the stones. Kratos crushes the enemy against it and the animation for that is another time eater. you should have finished off at least one statue when the cyclops appears. when he does, once again grunt ram the shit out of him and don't do the minigame.

so basically: grunt ram x 100

Simply Smashing is the pot breaking game right? only do single strikes, no combos. that one's easy.

Alright, will try that tactics, thanks.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
neorej said:
BTW, I noticed

AFAIK he was supposed to voice Pan, but his role got cut.

roMonster

wizword said:

2.They kept showing the same epic set pieces over and over. I felt like this was due to budget (graphics were incredible) but come on the game basically only had
3 different stages that made up 80% of the game. The labrynth, Hell, and Mt. Olympus specifically where pandora box is. By the end of the game you go to all of them at least twice.
. Basically Causes the end of the game to be anti climatic.
3. The final boss fight sucks. It is easy, and not really bad-ass. I mean it is probably the worst boss fight in the game.
4.They added the worst enemy in god of war and he appears about 10 times as much (the fucker that blocks). They do too much damage and are a bitch to kill. I mean there is no way to beat those guys without taking damage. Those enemies are a pain

Yea I kind of wish that you
didnt have to kill Hephestus.
--even though he did instigate the attack. I would have liked it better if Zues had just magically appeared and zapped him lol.

DihcarEM

neojubei said:
The costumes should be up on psn maybe in a few months. I really hate Pre-order DLC. Mass Effect 2 was the same way.

The Apollo costume is quite good, I like it. Then again I never liked the cod of war or those silly costumes.

Yeah, i like the Apollo and Dominus skin the most. Phantom of chaos not so much and i haven't taken a good look at the forgotten warrior yet. It does kinda suck that you can't change the costume ingame, you need to restart a new game with the costume and you can't skip the cutscenes.
Agreed, i hate those silly costumes like the cod and i hope they don't waste their time with it. Cool looking costumes are what i'm interested in, i hope we get the god of war armor from part 2, it was the only outfit where Kratos wore pants:D .

BeeDog

TTP said:
Also try to push them towards the edge of the arena for a chance to have them falling down.

That's what I did to bring down the cyclops. After following Darunia's tips, I finished that challenge on my second try. :D Thanks!

All challenges are now complete; just have to replay the game on Titan Mode to get the last trophy needed for the platinum. Game's awesome, and the Combat Arena is fun as hell; add all the biggest, baddest enemies and play on Olympus Summit on Chaos mode. Utter insanity. :lol

PS: The "Fear Itself" challenge is awesome!

Just had funky time with Aphrodite and im heading to the Maze. So much awesome so far.

And what a huge tribute that Hercules is being played by Kevin Sorbo. :D

Gr1mLock said:
whoever came up with the final boss fight in this game needs to be hit in the teeth with a hammer.

I found it challenging but in no way is it terrible.

One thing this game didn't have over the previous games was the narrator. I know it didn't work within the context of this game but I still missed it.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
neorej said:
BTW, I noticed

according to my friend at SMS, he came in begging to be put into the game, so they put him in there and recorded everything but it didn't fit with the rest of the game so it ended up getting cut. :lol But yea that's why he's listed there as special thanks instead of having an actual role.

Ploid 3.0

Just finished the game, talk about amazing. I can't imagine how they would be able to top this. Your turn ND, or GG. Try to impress me and you both better have this awesome AA thing. The image quality on GOW3 seems flawless.

Oichi said:
according to my friend at SMS, he came in begging to be put into the game, so they put him in there and recorded everything but it didn't fit with the rest of the game so it ended up getting cut. :lol But yea that's why he's listed there as special thanks instead of having an actual role.

Aww man, I would have done the same, too bad he didn't get in.

Loudninja said:
God of War Collection announced for Europe, trilogy boxset also announced
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/22/more-god-of-war-brutality-coming-your-way/

I want that! D:

Too bad I've already imported the Collection from the US... which was awesome by the way. I can't believe I never gave the games a chance when they came out (I didn't like 'hack and slash' - If only I had known that GOW is much more than that).

Bought the GOW3 EU Collector's Edition yesterday. One hour in now.
Gotta wait till tuesday to continue though, as I'm playing it with my GF (she also joined me while playing the first two and was a big help during some of the puzzle-sections).

First hour was great though. The opening is AMAZING. The visuals are out of this world!

Finished the game yesterday. One of my absolute favorite games of the generation! I had to call a friend to come over and watch me play some of the bigger fights just so I could see how impressed he'd be :lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Might pick up that trilogy box set when on the cheap, just to complete the collection. :lol

DihcarEM

Just checked out the voice acting vid, i think Malcom McDowell was ok. He didn't really seem angry. I think the voice director was correct in that every actor is different, Malcom is old school acting.

Noisepurge said:
And what a huge tribute that Hercules is being played by Kevin Sorbo. :D

Yeah and he still looks awesome. I would love for him to do a Hercules dvd movie or something like that.
I'm trying to remember how the series ended but around the end of the show it sorta got overshadowed by Xena which i didn't like.
Also there are some things that are very a like between God of war series and Kevin Sorbo's Hercules.
Ending spoilers:
Hercules was the one that in the end killed his father. Gods are very human like. The end of the gods happend(on Xena) except a few remained like Aphrodite and Ares.

Dra-Q said:
Better be 29€ SCEE!

Bad news, it says 39euros.

Gelry

aka Bastiaan
Quite sure I'll pick up that trilogy box. Looks great, don't have GoW3 yet and didn't play GoW2. There goes my resolution of finishing my games before buying new ones.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
DihcarEM said:
Just checked out the voice acting vid, i think Malcom McDowell was ok. He didn't really seem angry. I think the voice director was correct in that every actor is different, Malcom is old school acting.
I thought it was cool that the voice director was the same guy who worked on Uncharted 2.

GONz

Just finished the game (1st time in God), what a ride ! Really liked the bosses,
especially the 1st time you fight Zeus in a side-scroller sequence (actually reminded me the final fight against Ocelot in MGS4, don't know why), that one made me really smile

How is the difficulty in Chaos? Is it as insane as Titan for GoW2?

Az

Just got the game yesterday and already put in about 6 hours. Loving it so far, what an epic beginning.

Top Bottom