• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök G|OT|Y

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Because of the grammar? Or just because of the fact?
The fact you haven't started it yet.
Episode 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Have it installed. Haven't touched it.
I Dont Believe You Dr Strangelove GIF

Last edited:

Krathoon

I have not finished the previous one, but I was thinking about getting it.
I have not found any discounted copies.

Mr Branding

More fluid traversal? That’s exactly what I was just asking for. Care to expand?
You can drop fluidly from ledges and there are designated grapple points to go up ledges. No more climbing every single damn one. I guess both of these are made to help the new combat options. Also, since Atreus has grown you don’t need to carry him anymore. As a dad, I get the choices they made regarding gameplay in the first one but in this one, Kratos feels much more agile.

Last edited:

skit_data

Damn it feels good to play some GoW again!

I’m only at Svartalfhein but I’ve already noticed it feels like they’ve tweaked the combat when using Blades of Chaos quite a lot. Can’t put my finger on what it is exactly but it’s like you have a much wider arc in your attacks which make them feel more like GoW 1-3 rather than GoW 2018.

GymWolf

Gold Member
So if i wanna try the performance mode locked at 60 and the quality mode unlocked what i have to do?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So if i wanna try the performance mode locked at 60 and the quality mode unlocked what i have to do?
Just select unlocked framerate in the option.

If your tv supports VRR and you dont see it you might need to enable VRR in your PS5 System settings.

Reactions: Isa

Hugare

One little dope easter egg: the dwarf that you find playing some kind of banjo is the composer of the game (and 2018, of course)

I immediately recognized him since I was watching recently the Raising Kratos documentary

Small role, but pretty good voice acting from him

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
only spoiler tagging this as a precaution

just some pics from the first 2 hours or so

game has good art direction and lighting

RiLUZaP.jpg

It's a good looking ps4 game for sure but has been topped by a few other games, Horizon, lou part 1 and 2 and Plagues tale to name a few. Where it shines is its direction and sense of scale imo.

Justin9mm

Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to choose from one of these?
  • Favour Resolution – 4K/30FPS Locked
  • Favour Performance – 60 FPS Locked
  • Favour Resolution (High Frame Rate) – 4K/40FPS Locked
  • Favour Performance (High Frame Rate) – Targeting 120 FPS

Example: what do I need to do to play; Favour Resolution (High Frame Rate) – 4K/40FPS? What settings do I need to turn on/off on my PS5 cause ingame I only have two options? I have a LG CX.
As far as getting 40fps Locked, you need to have enabled 120hz on the PS5 itself, its not in game and just select favour resolution. If you want 40fps unlocked (High Frame Rate) then make sure VRR is enabled on the PS5.

Same deal for Performance. If you just want the standard 60fps performance then you need to disable 120hz on the PS5 which will give you 60 FPS @1440-2160p. If you want higher frame rate performance then leave 120hz enabled but it is Locked to 1440p.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Copy just arrived from UPS. Disc was loose in case as per usual.

Installing now and will be starting it right after work tonight. Performance mode of course.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to skip cutscenes like the first one? I’m holding x but the little prompt isn’t coming up

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ragnarok midnight launch. Mumbai. India.

lha9zXp.jpg
Nice ass.

At my gamestop in a quiet suburb, there were around 20 people which is pretty cool because they no longer even have midnight launches.

What stood out the most was how old everyone was. Pretty much everyone was in their 30s. All Dads of War like me. No Gen z teenagers or college kids. A couple of younger mid 20s looking millenials but thats it. I know Gen Z and the young fortnite and minecraft generation doesnt play these R rated games, but video game developers HAVE to look at the demographics and realize that millenials are only getting older and we still make up a huge portion of the audience for these games. Stop treating us like kids even if we act like kids on message boards and twitter.

Only one woman who was with her bf and she seemed to not want to be there at all. lol. Didnt Sony say 45% of PS gamers are women. Where are these women??

About 2 hours in. If these 2 hours are any indication of how stacked the rest of the game is going to be then yes, at least gameplay-wise, it's gonna be better than GoW 2018

Nice lighting improvements and overall sharpness but it's definitely iterative rather than a generational leap. Still looks excellent though

Isa

I went Quality and HFR on for the first time on my PS5. Its a nice option to have between them all. I also appreciate being able to flip between them all quickly, its fun to try out the options without having to restart.

Hugare Hugare I think it was a hurdy gurdy of some kind? That was a cool moment.

Nice ass.

At my gamestop in a quiet suburb, there were around 20 people which is pretty cool because they no longer even have midnight launches.

What stood out the most was how old everyone was. Pretty much everyone was in their 30s. All Dads of War like me. No Gen z teenagers or college kids. A couple of younger mid 20s looking millenials but thats it. I know Gen Z and the young fortnite and minecraft generation doesnt play these R rated games, but video game developers HAVE to look at the demographics and realize that millenials are only getting older and we still make up a huge portion of the audience for these games. Stop treating us like kids even if we act like kids on message boards and twitter.

Only one woman who was with her bf and she seemed to not want to be there at all. lol. Didnt Sony say 45% of PS gamers are women. Where are these women??
what they don´t tell you is that this statistics also includes mobile games like candy crush.

In reality probably less than 1% of people who play AAA titles are women.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Maybe someone can help me with this. Audio usability allows to change audio panning, the balance between left and right channels but even though I change it it always comes back to 0. What am I doing wrong?

Dibils2k

only 4 hours in, visually abit underwhelmed, feel like in combat there isnt as much blood/particles as there was on GoW2018. there is more dismemberment which is plus

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Anyone playing with pulse 3d and 3d audio enabled?
Game detects headset as 3d perfectly fine.
Are you using balanced out loud setting?

I am not so sure on 3d in this. Sounds ok direction wise but some effects seem muddy

Top Bottom