• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla |OT| Oh No, There Goes Tokyo!

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
I'm really confused how stuff in Evolution Mode carries into Destruction Mode and vice versa.

It overrites your save data each time? Going Ashore?

Dragoshi1

Mothra and Rodan are garbage against anything with ranged attacks.

Unlocking Biollante is gonna be hard as hell, gonna have to go through with Godzilla '14 to get him.

So uhh, I ordered Godzilla off Amazon during the E3 deal and I'm still seeing this in my order status today, the day of release:

ifb7ZML.jpg

Should I contact Amazon about this?

Hey everyone, apologies for the lack of OT updates today: I've been busy at work and haven't had the chance to really get away. I'll update it with discovered information from you guys later today.

Raoh

God Damn Work and Wife...

I forgot to pre order this.

Fortunately and unfortunately I don't see this selling out, although it depends on how many copies each store receives.

But I guess I missed out on any pre order bonuses.

I hope to find a copy tomorrow during lunch.

It sounds like they made limited copies. BestBuy only had one copy, the one I preordered. GameStop has none. Walmart, none. To make things odder, it seems they made one universal North American release. The box art has both English and French, which you normally only get on copies of games sold in Canada. Looking at it again and it also includes Spanish, so this release must be for all of NA which is very unusual.

Sounds like the physical release was a very limited run.

Teknoman

It sounds like they made limited copies. BestBuy only had one copy, the one I preordered. GameStop has none. Walmart, none. To make things odder, it seems they made one universal North American release. The box art has both English and French, which you normally only get on copies of games sold in Canada. Looking at it again and it also includes Spanish, so this release must be for all of NA which is very unusual.

Sounds like the physical release was a very limited run.

Better Amazon it now I guess. The vs mechagodzilla video looked fun. If vs mode online works nice, even better.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think it's really funny that this game has a 24fps cinematic filter in the options.

Yeah, the game could look better, but I think people need a reminder of what a PS2 Godzilla game looked like
I think the monsters and particles look fine most of the time. The rest is pretty dated.

Dominator

Not really a Godzilla fan at all (only have seen the version that came out last year), but still picked this up. I've seen the monsters before so it's cool to fight against them during be levels while I try to 100% destroy everything. Games badass I'm really enjoying it.

I'm really enjoying the game, but coming from DAMM/STE (I just played some last night) it's a big difference and it's taking a bit to get used to.

I just wish it used more classic Godzilla music, I may need to make a playlist on my USB.

Fighting other monsters is really fun. I probably should have picked the hard instead of normal paths, it's kind of easy. I see myself getting a lot of play out of this though.

The graphics don't bother me. The Kaiju look great and the framerate is a steady 60fps.

Aki-at

So is there anywhere in the UK that Godzilla 14/63 is a preorder bonus? I really cannot seem to find any clear cut information on this :/

napalmjam

I'm really enjoying the game, but coming from DAMM/STE (I just played some last night) it's a big difference and it's taking a bit to get used to.

I just wish it used more classic Godzilla music, I may need to make a playlist on my USB.

Fighting other monsters is really fun. I probably should have picked the hard instead of normal paths, it's kind of easy. I see myself getting a lot of play out of this though.

The graphics don't bother me. The Kaiju look great and the framerate is a steady 60fps.

Could you tell me the multiplayer trophies please?

SandTorso

Any word on the PS3 version? I don't have a PS4, but I love Godzilla. If it's 720p and a steady 30 I guess I could probably deal with it. PS4 footage looks great (Well, the monster models anyway)

The Argus

This looks like stupid good fun, will wait for some more impressions before jumping in full price. Watching these trailers just makes me want a new War of the Monsters game even more. It was like this and Powerstone had a baby, and it's missing from my life.

BokehKing

Banned
Being a huge godzilla fan, I must download this now

Edit: Err.. I thought it was $40? Says $60 in the psn store

I'll wait until next paycheck

RobbieNick

Anyone worried about "Exclusive pre-order DLC" will be happy to know it's all just early unlocks and everything is still in the game no matter where you buy it.

I love the little attentions to detail like Godzilla 64 has kind of a floppy head past the neck point where the actor would have less control. '64 Goji also has regular fire breath and does that Space Monster dance when charging forward.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The difficulty being dictated by the politician in charge of the region is a really clever idea. The easy guy is hilarious.

"Now why won't Godzilla keep to the playbook, hmmm? We're trying our gosh darndest out there."

BokehKing

Banned
Even though I don't own the game yet, should I download all this free stuff from now? Is it only temporarily free?

How is that filter for in game?

I'm looking forward to encountering him. Cool design.
he's pretty neat. he has most of his moves from the movie too, and he can (moveset spoiler?)
levitate indefinitely until knocked down

I'm confused by hard mode. I always ran into the world destroying 100m MechaGodzilla on mission 2 until my last run. Was 55m Hedorah instead aka a cakewalk. Must be luck of the draw? Hard mode isn't very difficult if you can avoid the 100m monsters early on.

Kinsei

Banned
Quick question. Can you do all twenty levels in a single playthrough of Destruction mode or do you have to choose a path and stick to it like in Star Fox 64?

I'm going to get this when I've finished Arkham Knight and I'd like to know how many playthroughs I have ahead of me since I want to beat all 20 stages with every monster.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question. Can you do all twenty levels in a single playthrough of Destruction mode or do you have to choose a path and stick to it like in Star Fox 64?

I'm going to get this when I've finished Arkham Knight and I'd like to know how many playthroughs I have ahead of me since I want to beat all 20 stages with every monster.
Star Fox style

Top Bottom