• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 |OT| For 360, James? No... For Wii

gamingeek

Effect said:
Say you are on Agent difficulty but you didn't get one of the objectives and in order to progress to the next level it drops you down a difficulty. Can you then go back (after accepting the lower difficulty) to that mission that you didn't fully complete objective wise and select the Agent difficulty setting again to do it or does it automatically place you in with the lower difficulty again without giving you a choice?

Didn't think about this last night to check.

You just go back to mission select and choose the higher difficulty. But say you have done 6 levels and failed level 2's objectives, you wont be able to start level 5 or 6 at a higher difficulty, you have to go back to the point where you failed i.e level 2 and complete that on a higher difficulty and work your way on from there.

Effect

gamingeek said:
You just go back to mission select and choose the higher difficulty. But say you have done 6 levels and failed level 2's objectives, you wont be able to start level 5 or 6 at a higher difficulty, you have to go back to the point where you failed i.e level 2 and complete that on a higher difficulty and work your way on from there.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Local multiplayer is a disappointment. Only four modes compared to online.

Game also crashed for me halfway through the first mission.

Still enjoying it though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
my pre-order from amazon still hasnt arrived wont come until the 11th , what is the point?? awoo gonna maybe kick up a fuss a I have spent over £2K in the last year and a bit, why can't they get it to me sooner, it's cheaper than the highstreet but at the moment I would have taken the loss in savings to have played it already... awoo

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So, anyone else have issues with their Gamecube analog sticks? Haven't busted one of those out in a while, but all of my GC controllers have "sticky" analog sticks. The plastic feels as if it is melting and it feels sticky to my thumb. All of them have this.

I've had them packed nice and neatly in a drawer away from harms reach. Very odd.

Taxman

I was having such a hard time with the controls with this game using Experienced 3 because I didn't notice the "customize" option. :lol
I've seen people say that they do things like shrink the dead zone down to microscopic size and all that but I just can't seem to aim anywhere with the camera turning on me all the time. This hampered my enjoyment of the Conduit too.
Then I tried the opposite, and it's been so much fun. I made the dead zone as big as possible for both normal and ADS, and turned off Camera Look or whatever it's called, and now it's basically a light-gun game but with player-controlled movement. I feel like I should go back and play the Conduit again as well, I would probably enjoy it much much more now that I can actually aim easily.

dark10x said:
So, anyone else have issues with their Gamecube analog sticks? Haven't busted one of those out in a while, but all of my GC controllers have "sticky" analog sticks. The plastic feels as if it is melting and it feels sticky to my thumb. All of them have this.

I've had them packed nice and neatly in a drawer away from harms reach. Very odd.

The universe is trying to make you play the right way, man.
anyway,
Fuck the russian dude's contact list, I had to gamefaqs that shit!

Effect

Gram Negative Cocci said:
The universe is trying to make you play the right way, man.
anyway,
Fuck the russian dude's contact list, I had to gamefaqs that shit!

I'm pretty sure I looked everywhere in his office for this list but didn't come up with anything. This is the level I want to redo.

Effect said:
I'm pretty sure I looked everywhere in his office for this list but didn't come up with anything. This is the level I want to redo.

Its "hidden", remember that alot of objects in this game are destructible. Like I said, I had to go to gamefaqs.

Effect

Gram Negative Cocci said:
Its "hidden", remember that alot of objects in this game are destructible. Like I said, I had to go to gamefaqs.

Guess I have to remind myself to think that way. Hidden objects are actually hidden in games. I don't usually think that way outside of RPGs since that's usually the only place I would be able to check pots, dressers, etc.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
In split screen multiplayer, how do you get proximity mines? How do you use them?

Maybe I missed something because I didn't see them come up when I cycled through guns.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Lone_Prodigy said:

Why can't you have Bots during local?
Or take multipeople online with you?

When they say 'take multiplayer back to its roots," they weren't kidding.
It's disappointing. Was so happy for couch co op to come back!

Thank goodness for NBA Jam.

Solo

Penguin said:
Was wondering where you were for either thread. :lol

Didn't have a Wii (at the time) for this, and Bloodstone looked kinda janky to be honest. Amazon says my red Wii/007 should arrive late next week, so Ill be able to comment then!

Frankly, I was also waiting for reviews/GAF feedback on ths one too. Seems overwhelmingly positive, so I could no longer resist.

antonz

Solo said:
Didn't have a Wii (at the time) for this, and Bloodstone looked kinda janky to be honest. Amazon says my red Wii/007 should arrive late next week, so Ill be able to comment then!

Frankly, I was also waiting for reviews/GAF feedback on ths one too. Seems overwhelmingly positive, so I could no longer resist.

Its without a doubt a solid Bond Game. As others have said I really hope that Eurocom gets to make another Bond Game for Nintendo.

As for Bloodstone what can be said. Goldeneye in the emulator looks better graphically lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Solo said:
I just re-bought a Wii (had one in 2007 which I sold) just for this. Be worth it, motherfucker!

The single player is the best Bond game since GoldenEye, in my opinion.

AniHawk

Solo said:

Haha, you fell for it.

Good job everyone. That's a wrap.

Awww fuck, the classic controller doesn't work for Gamecube games? Should have done my research. Part of the reason I bought the golden controller edition was so I could finally finish my Gamecube backlog. The controllers I still have don't work.

Solo

AniHawk said:
Haha, you fell for it.

Good job everyone. That's a wrap.

daniel-craig-workout31.jpg

John Harker said:
Why can't you have Bots during local?
Or take multipeople online with you?

When they say 'take multiplayer back to its roots," they weren't kidding.
It's disappointing. Was so happy for couch co op to come back!

Thank goodness for NBA Jam.

Bots I don't care about. There's no satisfaction in shooting someone who's not your friend.

Splitscreen multiplayer would've been nice but that would probably be too taxing. Mario Kart can do it, but I guess it's a simpler game.

I also miss the ability to pick up weapons and armour. It made games much more interesting when you were racing for the armour locations.

Facility also seems very different from the N64 version.

linkboy

revolverjgw said:
Awww fuck, the classic controller doesn't work for Gamecube games? Should have done my research. Part of the reason I bought the golden controller edition was so I could finally finish my Gamecube backlog. The controllers I still have don't work.

Nothing for the Wii works in Gamecube mode. The Wii physically becomes a GC when playing GC games.

As for this game, totally love it. Best Bond game I've played since, well, Goldeneye.

Also, can someone tell me how Bond has cell service in the mountains of Russia. Wish I had a phone like that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lone_Prodigy said:
Facility also seems very different from the N64 version.

It had to be.

Watched again goldeneye (the movie) today.

Holy wow, there are so much little details they have put into the game from the movie.

The fight with the bathroom soldier, the plane scene, the changed quote about the false license plate of Onattop's car to the false vodka in the Barcelona pub with Onattop dress as a waitress...

linkboy

balladofwindfishes said:
Why? QoS had a fairly accurate remade version

I guess when it's ina game blatently named after the source material, you have to be careful how close you get to the IP.

If Activision and Eurocom remade Goldeneye 100%, RARE (and MS) would take them to court in a heartbeat.

Nintendo was the publisher of the N64 game and RARE was the developer. RARE still holds some rights to the N64 game (which is why some levels were in the Perfect Dark XBLA port) and Nintendo still holds rights to the game (which is why the LIVE port got killed). As long as those rights are split between Nintendo and RARE, the N64 game will never get remade.

Because of that, Activision and Eurocom can't do a 100% remake of the game. However, there's nothing stopping them from doing a reimagining of the game (which is what they did). There's a very good reason why they went and got the guy who wrote the movie script to update the story for today's world. There's also a reason why the game plays similar to the N64 game.

EatChildren

SpacePirate Ridley said:

Holy wow, there are so much little details they have put into the game from the movie.

The fight with the bathroom soldier, the plane scene, the changed quote about the false license plate of Onattop's car to the false vodka in the Barcelona pub with Onattop dress as a waitress...

Yeah, I do love that this game has tons and tons of references to the actual movie and not just the original game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Does the wii zapper work for games like this? Excessive wiimote pointing with my arm extended out towards the screen makes my wrist sore and gets pretty uncomfortable, but maybe I'm just a little bitch.

I'll probably try to CCpro with it but if I'm playing FPS on Wii I wanna use the 'mote.

EatChildren

Snuggler said:
Does the wii zapper work for games like this? Excessive wiimote pointing with my arm extended out towards the screen makes my wrist sore and gets pretty uncomfortable, but maybe I'm just a little bitch.

I'm pretty sure there's support for the zapper, but I dont know how well it works. Why are you stretching your arm out though? You dont need to.

Snuggler said:

I'll probably try to CCpro with it but if I'm playing FPS on Wii I wanna use the 'mote.

You're playing it (and FPSes on Wii) wrong.

Penguin

EatChildren said:
The single player is the best Bond game since GoldenEye, in my opinion.

Replace that with Everything or Nothing and I'll agree with you.

I finally figured out why these games don't feel like CoD to me... at least personally.

Blood Stone and Goldeneye get the "Bond" feel. As much as he is a one man wrecking crew, he honestly isn't a one man wrecking cew. You can't run and gun and expect to succeed. I think even more so in Blood Stone. There's nothing better than doing a takedown and than using the focus aim to clear the rest of the room.

KevinCow

Banned
Snuggler said:

Rest your arm on something and just aim with your wrist.

Doorman

SalsaShark said:
so..

should i make a thread in the online side ?

i wanna get some GAF matches going!
Heck yes you should. I just came off some online matches with a buddy of mine. It was pretty fun and I wound up doing a lot better than I expected I would (at least two matches with a 2:1 ratio and I led my team in scoring in like three matches...these are things that I don't think ever happened in any of my previous shooter experience). That said, I can definitely feel the effects of the reduced framerate. Or at least I still need a better TV. :lol

Has anybody else gotten a little trigger-happy thinking that the random debris shit that floats around is actually a person moving? I keep seeing a little bit of it pass by the corner of the screen and freak out. It's probably just me, but I feel like I have a harder time making out enemy players in this game compared to CoD Reflex, the bulk of my Wii shooter experience.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
SpacePirate Ridley said:

Yes, the game has those details included and so is true to the movie, but as a result, they stick so rigidly to the movie as to suck the fun out of certain levels of the game. My main gripe is with quick-action events.

For example, in the Jungle level, you fight
Xenia who is attached to a helicopter (just like in the movie) and you go through a series of quick-action events to bring the helicopter down.
In the N64 version of the Jungle level, you actually get to fight her in a gun battle. You even get her grenade launcher as a trophy of victory.

The N64 jungle level was more fun even if it wasn't true to the movie.

Another example is when you
jump off the motorcycle and into the escape jet.
It was all a bunch of quick-action events that felt tacked on if only because that's how it went down in the movie and not because it adds any fun to the game. The developers could have at least capitalized on the action and let you
actually fly the plane away from the mountain range in maybe a mini-level or something

insin

Neo Member
Every game I've ever preordered with Zavvi has turned up, at earliest, 3 working days after the release date.

CaVaYeRo

Lone_Prodigy said:

Nah, the problem is with online MP.

We're setting up a tournament... but we cannot create/config matches! :lol

Also, my console froze for 4-5 times online and the host shit is really bad.

I cannot get to understand why didn't Activision get to use Treyarch online code and options.

EDIT: Frozen again, and now with terrifying BEEEEEEEEP on the sound :S

jufonuk

not tag worthy
It finally Turned up yah, great first level, play a local 2 player mode me on Wiimote my bro on CCPro I did beat him in a one on one firefight he got me a few times with a greneade launcher though.

aiming Wiimote versus ccpro Wiimote out classes it, if it way ccpro vs ccpro he would slaughter me

edit wilhelm scream in one of the levels cool

finding the wiimote controls good so far for single player

So does upping difficulty not really up the difficulty at all, just add objectives? So far it feels like nothing has changed, although I can't seem to one shot one kill with a p99 headshot anymore.

Top Bottom