• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 |OT| For 360, James? No... For Wii

Doorman

SonOfABeep said:
Activision does this with all their Wii releases. Even the Call of Duties on wii had zero info before launch. So has blood stone.

I think their marketing just doesn't see a big positive coming out of spending time showing the game to people, because wii games don't typically have the big explosive first week sales that HD games do. They're more word of mouth/slow burn games.
Well...As far as the Call of Duty games go, I've always considered the lack of marketing there due to the fact that there have simultaneously been CoDs released on the "prettier" systems at the same time, which makes for better/easier marketing. I guess you could say that they don't want to cut into the marketing for Blood Stone, but...

I guess it's just kind of irritating that in this case, they're not treating GoldenEye like it's a major important release. And it should be, because thinking about the FPS market nowadays (and some of the upcoming slate of Wii games), I'm not sure that they can get away with assuming a slow burn for this.

So no one has msyteriously picked this up a local mom and pop game shop (never heard of such till I came here) no Justin TV steams? But Bloodstone is all over the net. How does Nintendo lock down there pre release leaks?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
kinggroin said:
If you would, elaborate on the comicon build? Sans hyperbole please. I was honestly looking forward to picking this up tomorrow, especially since classic health and objectives were confirmed to be included. I respect your opinion greatly whenever you're level headed about how you present it.

If your complaints are such that im deterred from purchasing this game, then you've made my decision to pick up some ram for my pc instead, that much easier.

Thanks in advance.

Ignore the angry Amir0x gaming journalism rant and judge the game for yourself, or read the impressions from other people. He's not a single authority on quality, and it helps to get opinions from a wide range of people.

Stopped by family video today and they said they hadn't received their copies for rent yet. :(

Guess I can wait on reviews, then. I would call before going to the store on this one tomorrow. They may just be shipping it tomorrow and getting it Wednesday.

Lkr

SonOfABeep said:
Stopped by family video today and they said they hadn't received their copies for rent yet. :(

Guess I can wait on reviews, then. I would call before going to the store on this one tomorrow. They may just be shipping it tomorrow and getting it Wednesday.
It seems like Activision is sending the game to die

Doorman

Lkr said:
It seems like Activision is sending the game to die
They've been decent as far as the little behind-the-scenes promotional videos and the "get your friends" ad campaign, but other than that it seems like their logistics for this have just been really crappy. No word on campaign length, they've been very quiet about what features are in or out in the online multiplayer other than those few IGN videos last week (Hero mode does sound interesting), and it looks like they've been actively avoiding game reviewers as much as they're able to pre-release. I said it before but it looks from the outside like they're treating this as a game they have no confidence in. Or at the very least, they're treating it like a mid-level release at best, not the major return-to-form of a fan favorite like how they touted the initial announcement.

Effect

hatchx said:
Why did they embargo the review until this late?

Are Call of Duty games treated like this when it comes to reviews? How about the last few games Activision has put out? Have the reviews for them come out before release day?

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Well, at least we have something.

Just found this on GameFaqs:

IGN review 9am tomorrow from Craig Harris.

http://twitter.com/craigign

Interesting that IGN gets to post the review earlier than other sites like Joystiq.

I wonder if it's a "give us 8 or better and you get to post it earlier" type thing that happens pretty frequently.

Nemesis_

EatChildren said:
Ignore the angry Amir0x gaming journalism rant and judge the game for yourself, or read the impressions from other people. He's not a single authority on quality, and it helps to get opinions from a wide range of people.

I cannot stress this enough.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
SonOfABeep said:
Interesting that IGN gets to post the review earlier than other sites like Joystiq.

I wonder if it's a "give us 8 or better and you get to post it earlier" type thing that happens pretty frequently.

Not interesting at all, it's IGN. Blowjobs and all.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
seady said:
I wonder if this will end up being the ultimate multiplayer FPS on the Wii.

most likely local multiplayer unless conduit 2 tops it,

for online it will probally go to Black ops (co-op and Zombie mode + Voice chat!!) unless the grinder tops it.

i think onlinewise this game will be similar to MW RE if they could have added voice chat then that would've been excellent.

still i am hopefully multiplayer wise the game will be a blast

Jethro

Come on Guys I want some impressions. I have seen some in the black ops Wii forum. But they are like "it's the best game ever":lol

First off let me say that I went intothis purchase as skeptical as the next guy. But let me tell you right now, two hours with this game and I am sold. I was at Wal Mart to pick this game up at midnight and I am proud to tell the rest of this board, we are going to have an actual CHOICE when it comes to quality FPS on our little white box. The single player is action packed COD style, and the multiplayer while a blast for any modern shooter fan to pick up and play, will no doubt bring back great memories for those of us that lived through the birth of FPSs on consoles with the original. Virtually no lag, great game modes, and a superb graphics engine make this shooter a must own for not just COD wii fans but for every shooter fan. So, with that said, do not fear, Goldeneye is a great game, and we should thank Eurocom for this excellent modernization of the unforgettable classic. This I crazy to say, but it is safe to say that Black Ops now has some competition. Don't miss out my friends, buy this one NOW!!!

It is a good time to be a Wii gamer...FINALLY!!!

Black Ops Wii and Goldeneye...BUY BOTH!!!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You'll be getting waves of impressions now that the game has been leaked.

gamingeek

Jethro said:

Thanks, I also found some impressions here
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930752-wii/56992948/630291938

got the game tonight, and although im about to go to sleep, ill post some quick impressions.

played the first two levels of the single player so far, and it was pretty good. being stealthy is not as easy as you think it would be, but maybe thats just me. also, although it plays like call of duty in regards to controls, it does take a few more shots to take an enemy down, which will throw of cod players at first. all in all, pretty fun, and ill definitely be hitting it hard tomorrow.

played one match of multiplayer as well. had to turn the region option "off" just to find opponents, as im guessing no one really has the game yet lol. anyway, i only played conflict and it was pretty straight forward for the most part. any cod player should be right at home with this one, although it does move a little slower than the typical cod match. unfortunately, i did manage to experience a little bit of lag in the match, but it wasnt a game killer, (i even managed to come in first place) and im hoping that it was mainly attributed to having the region option off, meaning i was playing people worldwide. all in all, mulit seems pretty cool, but there are two issues with it so far:

1. there is no option for online private matches. this means that you and your online buds cant play any of the modifier matches together, and must stick to the stock ffa, team, and objective matches with no modifiers. why the hell online private matches were not included is beyond me, as i find it to be a pretty ridiculous omission.

2. lol i can tell already the noobs are gonna be spammin nades, as i saw quit a few in my one match. it almost felt like everyone was just throwing nades (which i honestly didnt, and got 12 of my 15 kills with my gun, 2 melee, and 1 nade kill). so yeah, expect alot of nade spammers.

overall, im enjoying the game so far, and really dont have any major complaints. with that said, im off to bed. hope to see you guys online :)

KAL2006 said:
I can't believe this game and Blood Stone still don't have reviews

Activision has better things to do like making sure Black Ops gets perfect scores across the board.

But if your looking for a Blood Stone review, someone posted a nice youtube review in the other thread.

KevinCow

Banned
Welp, just picked it up. Will have impressions soon.

Edit: Uh. Things aren't starting out well. I can't get past the "Do you want to create save data?" screen. None of my buttons are responding. This isn't good.

Edit again: Yup, it appears to be completely broken. I've tried several times now, even tried several different controllers, and it still doesn't work.

KevinCow

Banned
Wait, figured it out. It was seeing my Gamecube controllers as first and second players. Had to unplug them.

I have a feeling this is going to throw a lot of people off...

mik

mik is unbeatable
KevinCow said:
Wait, figured it out. It was seeing my Gamecube controllers as first and second players. Had to unplug them.

I have a feeling this is going to throw a lot of people off...
I have a feeling not a lot of people have two GameCube controllers plugged into their Wii by default.

MiniDitka

Drunkenthumbmaster said:
just picked this up along with bloodstone will give it a hour then post impressions.
Same. Also got Vanquish as part of the buy 2 get 1 free deal at Target. I'll have some vids up in a bit.

heringer

mik said:
I have a feeling not a lot of people have two GameCube controllers plugged into their Wii by default.
And I have a feeling most of people would figure out the problem before shouting "OMG IT'S BROKEN!!!".

:p

Top Bottom