• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Nor501

Has anyone tried to play this with the pro controller on an undocked switch? I can't get this to work on Golf Story but it works with Zelda just fine. I really want to play using a controller and not have to dock the system.

Cerium

Has anyone tried to play this with the pro controller on an undocked switch? I can't get this to work on Golf Story but it works with Zelda just fine. I really want to play using a controller and not have to dock the system.

I think other posters reported having trouble switching controllers when docked.

I'm absolutely lost

I got the fire golfballs and I need to unfreeze everyone. I swore I unfroze everyone, got the last piece of ice ore for the blacksmith, but the one guy still says "It would be nice if I could unfreeze everyone".

Crash331

The game does autosave to some extent. My game crashed while playing minigolf on hole 6 or so. I had to restart the game and it put me back to where I first walked in to the minigolf building. I had not saved at all prior to this, I only put my switch to sleep and had not switched to any other game.

The game does autosave to some extent. My game crashed while playing minigolf on hole 6 or so. I had to restart the game and it put me back to where I first walked in to the minigolf building. I had not saved at all prior to this, I only put my switch to sleep and had not switched to any other game.

when it shows that paper and pen symbol near your head?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
when it shows that paper and pen symbol near your head?

I notice that the game autosaves as you walk into buildings or new areas (there is no indicator that it is saving). That symbol you are talking about just means a new Note (aka quest) was added to your menu.

I notice that the game autosaves as you walk into buildings or new areas (there is no indicator that it is saving). That symbol you are talking about just means a new Note (aka quest) was added to your menu.

my bad. thanks. now im at level 6 and im afraid of losing this shit and being back at 1 when i reload lol

I was contemplating buying a switch for this game, but thankfully my brother isnt really using his that much (as we are mainly playing Destiny), and he let me borrow it so i could just buy it on his. So worth the $21CDN and I really hope they do well enough to add on to the game as well as work on sequels and other titles (say tennis).

Only real complaint is that it does feel very on the rails right now so hopefully that lessens later on in the game. I could also use more natural type golf courses instead of all of them being weird themed, but they did a great job so far changing up how each course plays which helps.

Okay, I need help

I have to find 5 ice ores. I have 4, but the 5th one is literally nowhere to be found...

I'm shocked there are no let's plays of this game out there so I can just watch to find what I'm looking for, or even an story focused guide.

I'm loving the humor here. Maybe it's just that I love idiotic things. the
ball hitting coach
had me floored. The guy
interjecting
...hahahaha dude shut up. I'm giggling my ass off here. And the golf is great once you get full reigns.

Catvoca

Banned
Okay, I need help

I have to find 5 ice ores. I have 4, but the 5th one is literally nowhere to be found...

You get the one just to the right of the entrance to the course? There might be one hidden in a clump of ice you have to hit with a fire ball IIRC. They're all just dotted around the one area so it can't be too hard to find!

You get the one just to the right of the entrance to the course? There might be one hidden in a clump of ice you have to hit with a fire ball IIRC. They're all just dotted around the one area so it can't be too hard to find!

Yea, I didn't think about doing other things. Once I got the fire balls, I got the last one. Thanks!

JonnyKong

I've decided to play this in handheld mode for the first time, and I don't seem to be getting any rumbling in my joycons. This should be happening automatically shouldn't it? How strange.

-GJ-

I've decided to play this in handheld mode for the first time, and I don't seem to be getting any rumbling in my joycons. This should be happening automatically shouldn't it? How strange.
I've had that happen to me as well. A quick reboot of the game fixed it.

Can someone tell me how they're distributing their XP?

I always put 2 points on Power, and use the rest to "fix" Purity and Strike going down. And then add one more point to raise Strike.

But I don't touch ability and spin.

Am I doing this right?

Still chilling at #1 in the UK!

ex4Jjr5.jpg

Cerium

If not for Stardew Valley, I think this game would dominate the chart for weeks.

The competition is fucking brutal.

JonnyKong

Can someone tell me how they're distributing their XP?

I always put 2 points on Power, and use the rest to "fix" Purity and Strike going down. And then add one more point to raise Strike.

But I don't touch ability and spin.

Am I doing this right?

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with it. Everytime I go up a level I'm putting a point into each one 🤷

I realise I'm probably doing it horrifically wrong.

cilonen

I'm absolutely lost

I got the fire golfballs and I need to unfreeze everyone. I swore I unfroze everyone, got the last piece of ice ore for the blacksmith, but the one guy still says "It would be nice if I could unfreeze everyone".

This also happened to me and it turns out to be a massive red herring - at least it did in my game. I completed the area by doing something on the main storyline unrelated to him and he disappeared. I think he sticks at that dialogue point.

JonnyKong

I don't have enough money to buy the vintage irons, and I can't seem to find any side quests anywhere to make money. I'm not sure how I can make any more, can I just redo a tournament again on any hole and grind money that way?

I'm getting marginally better at the actual golfing over time, but I still suck at putting, and when driving, the ball almost always bounces further than I think it's going to.

Put backspin on it to reduce the distance it goes after the bounce! Definitely helps make shots more accurate.

Fei

For anyone who has 100%’ed the game, what am I missing? I’ve completed the all courses and the caching, but I have three empty spots in the Story menu. It’s the left side middle, and I have no idea what it could be..

Pygrus

My SO was insistent that you couldn't do the first
disc golf challenge
. I proved her wrong though. Really clever mini game.

So anyone want to give me a good club set for Blue Moon Dunes Tourney or am I just in a "get gud" problem?

I'm getting so sick of my shots going into the water.

Cerium

Did I get a bug? I'm at the Bermuda Isles
trying to get this dude his water, I got water and fruit from the girl by trading her the music from the shop, but when I talk to the dude he only talks about how thirsty he is. He doesn't react to this shit in my inventory. Bugged?

Did I get a bug? I'm at the Bermuda Isles
trying to get this dude his water, I got water and fruit from the girl by trading her the music from the shop, but when I talk to the dude he only talks about how thirsty he is. He doesn't react to this shit in my inventory. Bugged?
Sounds like it :(

I don't have enough money to buy the vintage irons, and I can't seem to find any side quests anywhere to make money. I'm not sure how I can make any more, can I just redo a tournament again on any hole and grind money that way?

did you hit all the holes at aqua golf? You get a bunch of cash for that one

lawnchair

Banned
there's no way to alter the course of a putt, right? i'm stuck on this hole at the cheekybird peak where i have to sink a putt in the middle of a bunch of birds and i have no clue what to do. :\

Top Bottom