• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP Candidate Rubio opposes Rape and Incest Exemptions for Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

APF

Frankly I don't understand people who say they are pro-life but allow for rape and incest exceptions.
I feel it's because pro-lifers can make practical compromises, just like pro-choice advocates can compromise on abortion limits. Not everyone actually needs to be an absolutist even if they have strongly-held values; especially if the alternative is untenable and the overall goal--in this case limiting the amount of abortions / having abortions not be "another type of birth control" which was a common talking-point--is still being served. "I don't agree with it, and it's not a choice I personally would make, but it's something I can accept in these horrible circumstances" is not the sort of position I feel warrants needling someone over. In fact I'd much prefer there were more of this sort of person involved in political negotiation.

M3d10n

Just apply bootstrap logic to the fetus: kick them out of the womb and if they cannot survive on their own, it's their problem.

Ben Carson asked about abortion . .

"I spent my entire career as a pediatric neurosurgeon, frequently staying up all night, fighting, struggling to save the life of little babies, even operating on babies inside the womb. So I don't think it should be hard for anyone to understand that I am totally opposed to killing babies," Carson said on "CBS This Morning."

When host Norah O'Donnell asked whether he opposed all abortions -- even one that might be necessary to save the life of the mother -- Carson said, "You have to look at the individual situation."

"That's largely a spurious argument because we have advanced so much in medicine these days that that situation rarely occurs," he said.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-carson-responds-to-hillary-clinton-on-abortion/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

That situation rarely occurs so we can ignore it? What kind of answer it that? Answer the question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Savita_Halappanavar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom