• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Anilusion

Niks said:
Nice race, congrats to Paskowitz.

Hard race for me (DS3 user) coudnt get my tires to last for more than 7 laps.. any more and I would had spun out for sure. Was actually surprised I could keep up with Paskowits for the first 4 laps.

Spa + rain + LMPs = count me out.
Too hard for me :p

What controller setup are you using for DS3? I just got the game and I don't have a wheel (only wheel I have is an old logitech USB one, guess that won't work on ps3?).

Angst

Anilusion said:
What controller setup are you using for DS3? I just got the game and I don't have a wheel (only wheel I have is an old logitech USB one, guess that won't work on ps3?).
It will most likely work :)

Angst

I can't decide on a car + track combo. Will post it tomorrow instead, sorry about that.

I'm thinking a lower powered car, perhaps that Mazda from the 90s on Sports Hard on Trial Mountain.

Or LFA on High Speed Ring. Or perhaps Aston Martin DB9 vs Jaguar XK '10?

Xun

Dash Kappei said:
Btw, nice going Xun! Ahah, took me 3 laps to remember Monza and the F1, then I was so on the edge that when I finally managed to catch you (but I'm positive you slowed down on purpose to make the race fun, don't you lie to me! :D) I was pushing so hard that I completely missed the chicane's breaking point since I was looking at you instead of the track, went straight to the wall LOL!
And after that I missed another one again, later.
But I had a lot of fun, mainly thanks to you being a gent :)
Was a lot of fun man, anytime! I'm always up for a race on GT5.

paskowitz said:
Also a special apology to Xun about my comment when you entered the room. It was not necessary even if it was not meant to be taken seriously.
No problem dude, I knew you were joking anyway.

Angst said:
I can't decide on a car + track combo. Will post it tomorrow instead, sorry about that.

I'm thinking a lower powered car, perhaps that Mazda from the 90s on Sports Hard on Trial Mountain.

I think we should do something different this time, like a rally race on Eiger Nordwand G Trail, Evos vs WRXs.

Angst

Niks said:
I thought we were going to use one of the new cars this time?
Forgot about that. Then we'll do the new Mazda RX7 TC at Nürnburg Ring GP/D.

I'll post the full details tomorrow, but you can start practicing. No tuning allowed. Racing Hard tyres.

weekend_warrior said:
I think we should do something different this time, like a rally race on Eiger Nordwand G Trail, Evos vs WRXs.
I've wanted to do rally for a while, but the rally stages have no room + the dust cloud makes things pretty hard...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Angst said:

Ugh, hope you don't go with that one.
Track that isn't wide enough for a 16 grid + low powered car + hard tires + GT5 magnet walls = boooooring clusterfuck

Vastly prefer your M3 vs C6 or going with some beasts.
Or WRC cars. But the track needs to be appropriate for a 16 grid.

Just putting my two cents out there of course :)

Angst

Angst said:
We do the new Mazda RX7 TC at Nürnburg Ring GP/D.

I'll post the full details tomorrow, but you can start practicing. No tuning allowed. Racing Hard tyres.
We go with this choice. I want to do a M3 vs C63 race, but want to do it on the Ring - so it will have to wait until after we return to Spa.

Car #1 is the new Mazda RX7 TC.
I'm considering allowing a second choice and will look through the old RM cars to see if I can find one that can compete.

Angst

Toxa said:
Mazda RX7 TC ? ok I'm in , my last race until Nascar :p
We did do a Nascar race when Spec 2 released. It was.... interesting. I think ashk set a new record for being airborne.

ashk

Angst said:
We did do a Nascar race when Spec 2 released. It was.... interesting. I think ashk set a new record for being airborne.

I could see the ocean.

NASCAR is fun, but a bit too chaotic for a full-on weekend race. Also if it's on an oval you barely need any practice :p

Angst said:
We go with this choice. I want to do a M3 vs C63 race, but want to do it on the Ring - so it will have to wait until after we return to Spa.

Car #1 is the new Mazda RX7 TC.
I'm considering allowing a second choice and will look through the old RM cars to see if I can find one that can compete.

I'm in too... Already practicing.

Angst

Nürburgring GP/D

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races. I.e. less casual than what we've been doing during weekdays.

Race starts in:
t1320004800z0.png
Note that EU moves to non-DST the day before the race, race will be at normal CET time, but might vary depending on where you live. Always refer to the countdown above which is (should) be correct​
Allowed car:

Mazda RX7 TC​
Tuning allowed:
  • Nada. Lounge will be set to no tuning allowed.
To be able to enter the race you will need to reset everything. I.e. transmission, suspension, LSD and all other tweakable settings.​
Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Track:
Nürburgring GP/D​
Laps:
25 (tentatively)
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS​

Players Participating (16 / 16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - Toxa
  • 04 - Dash Kappei
  • 05 - Kaze13
  • 06 - Risk Breaker
  • 07 - weekend_warrior
  • 08 - Niks
  • 09 - ashk
  • 10 - asclepio_gtr
  • 11 - f0rk
  • 12 - Xun
  • 13 - Dibbz
  • 14 - Gynoug79
  • 15 - MikeDub
  • 16 - Funkystudent
  • R1 - Polyphony
  • R2 - Metalmurphy

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 19.00 CET
Lounge reset - 20.55 CET
Qualifications start - 21.00 CET
Race start 21.15 CET

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Angst

I took cut some corners this week and added the regulars that have posted recently and the new guys that have expressed interest above. :p (and kaze13 by PM)

If you're not on the list and want in, sign up here.

If you're on the list but can't make it, let me know.

I'll update the list as we go, now I'm off to save some more Riddler hostages.

paskowitz

Make sure you put this in the Spec II thread. It is kinda falling by the wayside. DLC is releasing today in the US and nobody seems notice. Curse you that other game :p

Also, does anyone here have an HD PVR (if you don't know what that is you do not have one)? If you do, message me. I want to work on a special project for NRL.

Dibbz

Hope we manage to get a full grid this time. Also please everyone make sure you read the regulations and come with the correct car and tyres. It's bit a lame that people join the races with the wrong setup when it's posted well in advance by Angst.

I don't mean to have a go at anyone but I'd just really like if we could get up to 16 drivers all racing and competing.

EDIT:- Since I've basically just posted a rant I thought I'd shift the topic a bit and post some pics :)

From our GT-R only Monza wet race a few weeks ago.

6241778167_0572eaaea1_b.jpg

6241778169_385df986a7_b.jpg

6241778179_d17c40402b_b.jpg

Damaged cars! I really like the way PD have handled damage. None of that premade stuff even if it is a litte rough right now.

I'll echo Dibbz, it would be really nice to have a full grid at least once.

The damage stuff for me is all over the place, I always really liked the implementation in GTA4 and wondered why nothing similar has crossed over to the racing genre.

Dash Kappei

paskowitz said:
Make sure you put this in the Spec II thread. It is kinda falling by the wayside. DLC is releasing today in the US and nobody seems notice. Curse you that other game :p

Also, does anyone here have an HD PVR (if you don't know what that is you do not have one)? If you do, message me. I want to work on a special project for NRL.
Are you going to post a video of the RX7 TC at the 'Ring GP D?
The Spa one helped a great deal.

Angst

I only did five laps with the RX7 but I really had to mistreat it for it to start drifting, i.e. full throttle in the middle of a hairpin - it might be trickier with a DS3, granted.

Thanks Dibbz, it is pretty frustrating to have people show up in the lounge just before the race with a new car that they haven't done a single lap with.

Dash Kappei

I'm going to race with #58 for Super SIC, sorry. I'm going to multiply my donation to its foundation for every spot I gain from not finishing last.

Anybody up for some multiplayer fun after the football matches have ended? Like 11pm CET?
Can't be the host myself tho, so if you guys open a room just post it in here.

B.K.

I need to hurry and get my level up and get enough money to buy some cars. I want to race a few of the GAF races. I'd probably be in last place, but it would be interesting to race with everyone.

Whatever happened to UFRA? Is he still too busy with his job or whatever? I still see him on PSN every now and then, but he's usually playing another game.

Angst

Practice Friday at 22.30 (ish) CET in the NRL lounge.

To the new guys: remember to send a friend request to GT5NRL to be able to participate.

Top Bottom