• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Polyphony

Haha yeah that would be fun. I'm still unsure if I can make it on Sunday, and I'm placed on reserve anyway. I'll see!

Realistically, if I didn't go off track, I could've finished around 38:30.

How long is a pitstop without refuel? About 25 seconds? (I didn't count)

With a 1 stop strategy of that length, it would require me to run at an average laptime of 1:31.4 to match my no pitstop strategy. Then again, there are overtakes, etc, etc. Something to think about ;).

Pretty sure Toxa or ashk would destroy this time with a sub 37 minute race or something lol.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
You're on a reserve spot?
You deserve to be there much more than I do, I suck. Your times are amazing (for me anyway).

Kaze13

Polyphony said:
Haha yeah that would be fun. I'm still unsure if I can make it on Sunday, and I'm placed on reserve anyway. I'll see!

Realistically, if I didn't go off track, I could've finished around 38:30.

How long is a pitstop without refuel? About 25 seconds? (I didn't count)

With a 1 stop strategy of that length, it would require me to run at an average laptime of 1:31.4 to match my no pitstop strategy. Then again, there are overtakes, etc, etc. Something to think about ;).

Pretty sure Toxa or ashk would destroy this time with a sub 37 minute race or something lol.

My calculation is around 37:30 without pit so our estimates are about the same. This is ideal though so it really doesn't mean anything. As you mentioned, too many variables in a race.

I do not know how long a pit stop usually takes. I was actually going to test it tonight.

1:30's with a 1 pit strategy is comparable with the no pit strategy. Either way it should be interesting between the two strategies. I dare say it's actually equal.

I'm not even worried about ashk and toxa.They are on a different league that I am aiming to be in one day. Not there yet...lol

Polyphony

Dash Kappei said:
You're on a reserve spot?
You deserve to be there much more than I do, I suck. Your times are amazing (for me anyway).

Lol, have confidence! Everybody starts somewhere, and it's only a game anyway. I had my fair share of suckage in the Super GT races, but practice makes perfect as long as you enjoy it. I might not even be available on Sunday, so please, don't give away your spot lol.

Kaze13

Polyphony said:
Lol, have confidence! Everybody starts somewhere, and it's only a game anyway. I had my fair share of suckage in the Super GT races, but practice makes perfect as long as you enjoy it. I might not even be available on Sunday, so please, don't give away your spot lol.

No kidding. Every single one of us has been there before. Hang it there.

Polyphony said:
I felt like a Jenson Button wannabe during this whole practice race lol. Pacing myself and making sure I didn't brake/throttle @100% (especially on the first corner). That was crucial in conserving the tires.

I never ever brake 100% (max 70%, maybe) and turn as smoothly as possible, maybe that's why I almost always keep my tyres better than the rest... I won the Grand Valley/IntegraRM race because I didn't pit at all and I could/should've done only one pit on last week's Spa race, I chickened out though :(

Light damage this week? And I won't be there damn :(

By the way, to those attempting a no-pit race, be very careful because doing a couple of powerslides or burning too much rubber on the start sometimes bites you in the ass even if you think it won't matter much :p

Angst

After some more thinking I'm back to heavy damage :p

I find the car to be able to handle bumps with other cars without taking damage so we stick with heavy damage as originally outlined in the OP.

Dibbz

We have done heavy damage with LMP's on the Nurb with like 14 cars so I think we should be ok this week.

I think I remember that Nab crashed out on lap 1 in that race and still manage to pit and win the race after. These long races mean not everything is decided in the first few laps, so even if you do get damage, if you are quick you will make up the time.

Funkystudent is coming for you 15th place.

although if you dont hear from me about a hour or 2 before race time tomorrow its a safe bet I wont be there so if you need to fit someone else in then do it.

Angst

Kaze13 said:
So I need to know the US PST time of this race please. Just making sure I don't miss it.
Dunno as dst messes things up. It's in 12 hours from now if that helps.

I'll probably be spectating tonight - on my way home from a party now and its 9 am here....

f0rk

Angst said:
Dunno as dst messes things up. It's in 12 hours from now if that helps.

I'll probably be spectating tonight - on my way home from a party now and its 9 am here....

Man up

Kaze13 said:
Polyphony I just tested a race and ended it at 38:51.xxx. You better race because it should be a good one!

I just did a racing simulation, in "practice"... 39:00.xxx, with 1 pit stop... God I hate the AI sometimes.

Xun

I highly doubt I'll be able to make the race tonight, since we have some family over. But I'll find out closer to the time.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
I can make it today. If there's room.
There is. Worst case I'll not spectate. Sorry for being a wimp today, but my body is extracting it's revenge for yesterday now...

Dibbz

POsting for this page so everyone knows when the race starts.

Race starts in:
t1320004800z0.png

Xun

Xun said:
I highly doubt I'll be able to make the race tonight, since we have some family over. But I'll find out closer to the time.
Well turns out I wouldn't of been able to race anyway since I don't own the DLC. I didn't realise until now that it was a DLC-only car.

Ah well.

Xun said:
Well turns out I wouldn't of been able to race anyway since I don't own the DLC. I didn't realise until now that it was a DLC-only car.

Ah well.

Oh what? Guess I am out too then, I only bought the track pack.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Metalmurphy said:
Clocks went back on some (all?) regions. Make sure you get the times right
lol.gif
Yeah, I'm out. Still at work on a sunday, my gf will kill me if I skip dinner to play GT 5 again.

Polyphony take my spot, you deserved it anyway! :)

Polyphony

Qualifs are starting in 8 mins right? Peeps are watching a football game, should end in the next 5 minutes, and then I'll be there.

fuck.

really wanted to do the whole thing but my brother keeps asking me about this damn router and now the local scum bags are tossing fireworks at the house.

couldnt get through the first lap without random distractions making me crash so I called it quits at lap 5 when it took 2:00 to do a lap. Even me and my DS3 can get into the mid 1:30's on a iffy lap during a practice.

Give me a call when you return to Spa. Hopefully I can get enough quiet time to do a full race.

Top Bottom