• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Dibbz

car-in.gif

Angst

Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

(I know the cars are wrong)

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1320609600z0.png

Allowed cars:

DTM Cars:

S Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI Touring Car '93
S Audi A4 Touring Car '04
S Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car ‘02
P Lexus IS F Racing Concept ‘08
S Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II Touring Car ‘92
S Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car ‘00
S Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) ‘00
S Opel Calibra Touring Car ‘94
S Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car ‘00
S Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car ‘94

Car list subject to change (Audi LMS etc?)

Post your chosen car before the race!
Tuning allowed:
  • Knock yourself out - PP limited to 580 PP

Tyre Selection
Racing Hard, Racing Rain, Racing Inters​
Track:
Circuit Spa de Francorchamps (change weather)
Laps:
20 (tentatively)
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS
TCS​

Players Participating (13 / 16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - Toxa
  • 04 - Gynoug79
  • 05 - Risk Breaker
  • 06 - Weekend_warrior
  • 07 - asclepio_gtr
  • 08 - Dibbz
  • 09 - ashk
  • 10 - SunhiLegend
  • 11 - SpeedOfNuts
  • 12 - MikeDub
  • 13 - Niks
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - Polyphony
  • R2 - Metalmurphy

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 20.00 CET
Lounge reset - 20.55 CET
Qualifications start - 21.00 CET
Race start 21.15 CET

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

ashk

By "tuning - knock yourself out" you mean it's allowed to buy every possible upgrade and then restrict engine/add ballast?

Angst

ashk said:
By "tuning - knock yourself out" you mean it's allowed to buy every possible upgrade and then restrict engine/add ballast?
Yes. Reason for that is that's how we did it the last time + when limiting to PP with so many cars to pick from it's impossible to check how people upgraded their cars. And I can't remove the engine stage 3 upgrades I did prior to the last race... :p

Even though you didn't say it you're now signed up ashk :)

paskowitz

You really should consider adding the new r32 & r33 tc cars to the list. They are more "touring car" than the r8lms. If anything the m3 gtr race car also needs to be added. It just would look strange without it.

Angst

paskowitz said:
You really should consider adding the new r32 & r33 tc cars to the list. They are more "touring car" than the r8lms. If anything the m3 gtr race car also needs to be added. It just would look strange without it.
Sounds good, I'll add them later.

I think I'll use the Calibra TC '94, one of my favs. I may swap it for the R33 or R32 if they're finally included and I manage to get the DLC this week. They just look awesome.

What times is everyone getting? I can do 1:26's in the 190E and 1:25's in the Vauxhall Astra, both stock suspension settings and after very few practice laps, so I expect wheel users to have hot laps in the 1:22's and race laps in the 1:24's. If we're adding AWD Skylines to the lineup I'll be trying those next.

And let me just say again- Good God I love Spa. What an incredibly smooth, enjoyable track.

edit:

Stock the Skylines can't touch the Vauxhall. It powers like a beast out of corners, but entry and mid-cornering speed is much lower. Tuning the suspension might help a bit, but I'd be surprised if the lap times for the R32 and R33 were within 2 or 3 seconds of the real Touring Cars.

ashk

Angst said:
Yes. Reason for that is that's how we did it the last time + when limiting to PP with so many cars to pick from it's impossible to check how people upgraded their cars. And I can't remove the engine stage 3 upgrades I did prior to the last race... :p

Even though you didn't say it you're now signed up ashk :)

I'm not so sure I'll join as I don't want to ruin any of my DTM cars by upgrading it to the max. Maybe if I find one that I already ruined by accident :p

fake edit: Actually I just remembered about the premium Lexus, I'l probably just buy another one of those.

Business

Hi guys, I'm pretty much new here (not new to the game though). I'd like to join the race if there is a slot available.

Polyphony

I'm working on a little race edit for the previous race. Always wanted to try one of these. It's going to be off-screen though.

Polyphony

Did a bit of testing with stock settings using a DS3. The Audi R8 LMS is FAST! It swerves dangerously through Eau Rouge, but it tears in the corners. The Astras are stable through Eau Rouge and very predictable.

Audi R8 LMS (Team Playstation)
Fastest lap: 2:20.0
Average lap: 2:20.4

Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car
Fastest lap: 2:20.8
Average lap: 2:21

Open Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix)
Fastest lap: 2:20.4

IS F Racing Concept
Average lap: 2:23

Can't tell the difference between the Opel and the Vauxhall...

Niks

The M3 seemed on par with those times.

btw, remember to test in the online lounge, cars handle differently in offline practice for reasons unknown.

Angst

ashk said:
I'm not so sure I'll join as I don't want to ruin any of my DTM cars by upgrading it to the max. Maybe if I find one that I already ruined by accident :p

fake edit: Actually I just remembered about the premium Lexus, I'l probably just buy another one of those.
I don't want to mess up my cars either - if you meet 580 PP without engine stage 3 I'd say you are ok without it. Yeah, the power band is more even across the RPMs with a fully tuned engine with BHP limited, but in my experience that doesn't really make that much of a difference.

STG

Do you guys still upload the Replays of those Races? would love to watch some of those (PAL version replay)

Toxa

The M3 is fast , R32 & R33 are too slow. I'll go with the CLK so far (maybe with the opel astra later ?)

Angst

STG said:
Do you guys still upload the Replays of those Races? would love to watch some of those (PAL version replay)
I've been to lazy lately, but I can upload our last two races later today.

Polyphony said:
Did a bit of testing with stock settings using a DS3. The Audi R8 LMS is FAST! It swerves dangerously through Eau Rouge, but it tears in the corners. The Astras are stable through Eau Rouge and very predictable.

Audi R8 LMS (Team Playstation)
Fastest lap: 2:20.0
Average lap: 2:20.4

Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car
Fastest lap: 2:20.8

Open Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix)
Fastest lap: 2:20.4

IS F Racing Concept
Average lap: 2:23

Can't tell the difference between the Opel and the Vauxhall...

WOW... Flying laps everywhere!

Would you be kind to share your settings? I only tested stock cars...

Angst

Xun said:
I hope so.

Also I propose a GT5 Formula league sometime in the future.
If we can't do a crash free race in 450 BHP cars I doubt the way to go is 950 BHP and 500 KG...
KuGsj.gif

Xun

Angst said:
If we can't do a crash free race in 450 BHP cars I doubt the way to go is 950 BHP and 500 KG...
KuGsj.gif
Unless we limit them? I've done it before and it seems to handle pretty decently.

The F1 2011 game is lacking in online, but GT5 would bode quite well for all of this.

I also think that severely limiting the FGT (or the Ferrari ones) would make for some nice Formula racing. Something like 500 bhp and 700 kg, dunno. It's still fast, only not Formula 1+ fast.

Angst

Xun said:
Unless we limit them? I've done it before and it seems to handle pretty decently.

The F1 2011 game is lacking in online, but GT5 would bode quite well for all of this.
If we're going to do an F1 race (and we will) they will definitely be stock. If we're going to do it you guys just need to man up. ;)

Risk Breaker said:
I also think that severely limiting the FGT (or the Ferrari ones) would make for some nice Formula racing. Something like 500 bhp and 700 kg, dunno. It's still fast, only not Formula 1+ fast.
But then it wouldn't be F1. More like F3000 or something :/

Angst said:
But then it wouldn't be F1. More like F3000 or something :/

Yep, that's it more or less. Not that I won't like an F1 race, just that it could be nice too, maybe in Nordschleife or something :p

I already have an F10 and FGT so I'm ready for anything.

Xun

I'm open to whatever, but a league would be a hell of a lot of fun if there was enough interest in the future.

Monaco, Monza, Spa, Suzuka, Indianapolis, Nürburgring, Fuji Speedway to name a few tracks that could be used.

It's a shame there aren't more proper F1 cars in the game, since both Ferrari's handle flawlessly. Alternatively however it could be part of the fun using the Formula GT, since each team could come up with their own tuning option per race.

The cars could be "designed" by each team and then used in the race.

Dunno, just putting that out there.

Polyphony

asclepio_gtr said:
WOW... Flying laps everywhere!

Would you be kind to share your settings? I only tested stock cars...

Mine were stock too, except for the transmission which was set at 300 km/h.

I can make up a lot of time in the first sector, barely lifting through Eau Rouge. But in a race situation, this is too dangerous to attempt lol. Also, maybe our times vary due to the fact that you practiced offline. My times were done in the NRL lounge.

Business

Tried it with the Audi and best I could manage is a mid 2.21. So if I understand correctly I have to add GT5NRL to my friend list on PSN to practice in the NRL Lounge?
My PSN ID is Patau.

2mww1he.jpg

Angst

SpeedOfNuts said:
Tried it with the Audi and best I could manage is a mid 2.21. So if I understand correctly I have to add GT5NRL to my friend list on PSN to practice in the NRL Lounge?
My PSN ID is Patau.
Yep, add the account and I'll accept it.

You're signed up.
SunhiLegend said:
Woo DTM awesome. Sign me up.
You're signed up too.

Angst

Xun said:
I'm open to whatever, but a league would be a hell of a lot of fun if there was enough interest in the future.

Monaco, Monza, Spa, Suzuka, Indianapolis, Nürburgring, Fuji Speedway to name a few tracks that could be used.

It's a shame there aren't more proper F1 cars in the game, since both Ferrari's handle flawlessly. Alternatively however it could be part of the fun using the Formula GT, since each team could come up with their own tuning option per race.

The cars could be "designed" by each team and then used in the race.

Dunno, just putting that out there.
While we're at it - you joining us on Sunday?

SpeedOfNuts said:
My PSN ID is Patau.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2mww1he.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh what's this, a fellow spaniard? Why hello there and bienvenido :D

Angst

Polyphony said:
Alright, I uploaded my race edit of the last NRL race!

I have to head out soon, and it's still being processed by Vimeo. It should be available for viewing in about half an hour at this link:

http://vimeo.com/31453885
That's amazing! How much time did you spend doing that edit? oO

Also: R32 and R33 will be available on Sunday.

Polyphony said:
Alright, I uploaded my race edit of the last NRL race!

I have to head out soon, and it's still being processed by Vimeo. It should be available for viewing in about half an hour at this link:

http://vimeo.com/31453885

Wow that was great! I only wish I could see the names of everyone on the cars, couldn't tell who was who.

Top Bottom