• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Wow, awesome video there Polyphony :D Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Angst said:
That's amazing! How much time did you spend doing that edit? oO

Also: R32 and R33 will be available on Sunday.

Yay, now let's see if I can get it. Could you tell what their specs are though? I still haven't seen the DLC cars specs anywhere. And I guess they are AWD?

Polyphony said:
Alright, I uploaded my race edit of the last NRL race!

I have to head out soon, and it's still being processed by Vimeo. It should be available for viewing in about half an hour at this link:

http://vimeo.com/31453885

Awesome video, and great editing, polyphony!

Shame on me about the crash with Gynoug79...

And No 17 almost hit me with a dive bomb :p

Polyphony

Thanks guys! Yeah it's a bit hard to tell who is who. I though we all had unique numbers, but a few cars had #1. Still, even with a number, it's hard to remember who has which number.

Angst said:
That's amazing! How much time did you spend doing that edit? oO

Had a bit of free time, but it didn't take too long, maybe an an hour and a half max. :p

asclepio_gtr said:
And No 17 almost hit me with a dive bomb :p

Lol, yeah #17 was me. I locked my brakes and tried going wide to avoid you but I don't think it was enough, good thing you turned in. It was a really fun race.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Angst said:
Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

(I know the cars are wrong)

Everybody is welcome to join.

Players Participating (13 / 16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - Toxa
  • 04 - Gynoug79
  • 05 - Risk Breaker
  • 06 - Weekend_warrior
  • 07 - asclepio_gtr
  • 08 - Dibbz
  • 09 - ashk
  • 10 - SunhiLegend
  • 11 - SpeedOfNuts
  • 12 - MikeDub
  • 13 - Niks
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - Polyphony
  • R2 - Metalmurphy

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 20.00 CET
Lounge reset - 20.55 CET
Qualifications start - 21.00 CET
Race start 21.15 CET

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
Reserve 3/ Dash Kappei

I prefer to be on reserve so if I'm there and there's a spot I'll race, otherwise I'll spectate but at least I won't feel bad if I don't make it again, I'm glad Polyphony got my seat in the Ring race :)
I will practice anyway, but I'll have to go with the Lexus since I don't have any of those other cars :(

Edit: oh, tuning allowed? Unless someone helps me out with a tune (it's not like I'd ever be a serious contender so you can share with me, lol) I'm out then, can't tune for sh*t

Angst

Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

(I know the cars are wrong)

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1320609600z0.png

Allowed cars:

DTM Cars:

S Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI Touring Car '93
S Audi A4 Touring Car '04
S Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car ‘02
P Lexus IS F Racing Concept ‘08
S Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II Touring Car ‘92
S Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car ‘00
S Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) ‘00
S Opel Calibra Touring Car ‘94
S Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car ‘00
S Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car ‘94
P Nissan Skyline R32 TC
P Nissan Skyline R33 TC
S BMW M3 Race Car
S Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09

Post your chosen car before the race!
Tuning allowed:
  • Knock yourself out - PP limited to 580 PP

Tyre Selection
Racing Hard, Racing Rain, Racing Inters​
Track:
Circuit Spa de Francorchamps (change weather)
Laps:
20 (tentatively)
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS
TCS​
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip: Realistic​
Players Participating (21 / 16): :p
  • 01 - Angst - Nissan Skyline R33 TC
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - Toxa - Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car ‘00
  • 04 - Gynoug79
  • 05 - Risk Breaker
  • 06 - Weekend_warrior
  • 07 - asclepio_gtr
  • 08 - Dibbz
  • 09 - ashk - Lexus IS F Racing Concept ‘08
  • 10 - SunhiLegend
  • 11 - SpeedOfNuts - Audi TT-R Touring Car ‘02
  • 12 - MikeDub
  • 13 - Kaze13
  • 14 - Risk Breaker
  • 15 - l2ound
  • 16 - Niks - Audi A4 Touring Car '04
  • R1 - Polyphony
  • R2 - Metalmurphy
  • R3 - DashKappei
  • R4 - Xun
  • R5 - chillumchilla

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 20.00 CET
Lounge reset - 20.55 CET
Qualifications start - 21.00 CET
Race start 21.15 CET

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Awesomeness:

Angst

As you guys can see, the grid is now full, with 4 guys in reserve. I would still be very surprised if we get 16 cars on the grid on Sunday, so if you are on the reserve list - don't worry too much.

Also: if you are on the regular list but don't plan on participating or if you're unsure if you can make it through the pretty long race, let me know ASAP and I'll move you to the reserves and move up one of the reserves - Xun is first in line in that case (all the others specifically stated that they wanted to be reserves).

Toxa

DTM Cars:

S Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI Touring Car '93
S Audi A4 Touring Car '04
S Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car ‘02
P Lexus IS F Racing Concept ‘08
S Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II Touring Car ‘92
S Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car ‘00
S Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) ‘00
S Opel Calibra Touring Car ‘94
S Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car ‘00
S Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car ‘94
P Nissan Skyline R32 TC
P Nissan Skyline R33 TC

why no BMW ?

Business

I'd like to take the Audi TT-R Touring Car ‘02, I think it's the only one I have besides the Lexus anyway.

Angst

SpeedOfNuts said:
I'd like to take the Audi TT-R Touring Car ‘02, I think it's the only one I have besides the Lexus anyway.
No problem. The Opel is available in the OCD btw.

Angst

Good point. Next race I'll sign you guys up with the same number as this race. Only matters with cars with numbers you can change, but still.

ashk

I've found that I have an extra CLK and M3 Race Car that I already fully upgraded for the previous DTM race we did, so I'll use one of those. No idea which one yet though, I need to do a few laps but Dark Souls doesn't let me :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Polyphony said:
Nobody's driving the Alfa? I heard it's a very good car, don't have one unfortunately...

I would... but I don't have that car.
Btw, is the UCD the only way to get the ABT Audi TTR? What about the BMW M3 RC?

Polyphony

Yeah, I think they were all being sold in the Online Car Dealership a while back. Now there's only the Opel Astra.

You can shuffle the UCD by loading 6 license tests without racing in them. It can be done pretty quickly now with the new track load times.

I have the Alfa, the Astra, the M3 and the Calibra, IIRC. And I think they are faster in that order.

Dunno how many BHP the Alfa gets with these settings though, but it was really really fast on La Sarthe when we raced there.

I hope I can be competitive with the big ass Calibra :p

Angst

chillumchilla said:
I have befriended GT5NRL ,now pardon my ignorance what is 20.00 CET in Irish time?
t1320609600z0.png

It's not at 20.00 CET though, but 20.00 BST / 21.00 CET. No idea what time zone you use in Ireland. [EDIT]I looked it up and you guys are apparently on UK time - so 8 PM GMT for you.
However, the grid is quite full, I have signed you up as a reserve, but there's no guarantee you will be able to participate on Sunday unfortunately.

General guidelines that apply to everybody on Sunday:

If the room is full on Sunday priority will be given to the guys with spot 1-16. If you are on the reserve list and guys on spot 1-16 can't get in I will have to ask you to leave to give room. If the room is not full everybody that is currently in the room will be allowed to participate.

If the room is full and you can't get in - send me a PSN message so I can make room (only applies to spot 1-16). You either already have me on your FL or you can add me now (PSN handle is in my GAF profile).

[EDIT] We have a full grid and five reserves. If we end up with 11 cars on track on Sunday I will be seriously disappointed...
[EDIT2] Now I'm really hyped for the race! DTM cars, SPA and full grid!!!1ONE! It's going to be awesome.

Angst

ashk said:
Neither the M3 Race Car or the R8 are DTM cars, I dunno why they are considered as such in GT5.
Yeah I know. Same thing with the Lexus RM that is just a RMed Lexus without the liveries used by the actual DTM Lexus.

Niks

Angst said:
[EDIT2] Now I'm really hyped for the race! DTM cars, SPA and full grid!!!1ONE! It's going to be awesome.

Yeah, not to mention the entry list has some really fast names in it.
Should be great.

Angst

Niks said:
Yeah, not to mention the entry list has some really fast names in it.
Should be great.
My only concern is that I'm going to another party on Saturday and I will probably not be back home until 7 AM or something... So watch out for irrational behaviour from me on Sunday. :D

I believe Metalmurphy asked why I've moved the races from Saturday to Sunday - there's you explanation. :lol

paskowitz

Sunday is my birthday... lol. Just realized NRL is the same day. No big deal, I will give myself the present of victory.

Top Bottom