• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

What did Angst say the race would be next week, those 20mil classics? So 330 P4 vs Mark IV vs XJ13?

I think we should do a high-powered AWD race soon, Gallardo vs Audi R8 vs GT-R.

I'd like to see a race with the Mclaren MP4. I love that car. The tuning prohibited is preferable as well. You don't have to worry about wasting time trying to setup your car.

weekend_warrior said:
What did Angst say the race would be next week, those 20mil classics? So 330 P4 vs Mark IV vs XJ13?

Not sure if that's a good idea. Making this very expensive cars mandatory for the race would restrict players.

Polyphony

Dash Kappei said:
It also still says NAT 2 Bamdwith Very High. What could be my problem?

NAT 2 is normal, and very high bandwidth is the best you can have. That's odd... was your network being used by other computers or devices at the time? Have you been experiencing similar problems in other online lobbies? Was it fine at some point since the last patch? If it's a recent problem, then maybe it's just your ISP that is being unreliable.

asclepio_gtr said:
Not sure if that's a good idea. Making this very expensive cars mandatory for the race would restrict players.

Na, I doubt it. Most people should have at least one of those by now, you can even get the Jag by winning the Indy 500 race.

Niks

2dKBb.jpg

BqgmC.jpg

SVqys.jpg

2bZvV.jpg

59hfR.jpg

GIpNc.jpg

0I491.jpg

btkeK.jpg

ODszo.jpg

2rRoS.jpg

L5bIC.jpg

Xedoo.jpg

HwasK.jpg

ZiMBn.jpg

bexWO.jpg

I saved it but it's 82MB and my connection is slow so I'd rather someone else upload it. I'll do it if needed though.

I watched a little of it btw and noticed I kept my tyres much better than the rest, I wish the race would've been 17-18 laps and maybe I wouldn't have pitted :p

About the super expensive cars, I only have the Jag from facebook but hey, as long as I can take part.

Angst

weekend_warrior said:

That's what I want. My concern is, as asclepio said, that it will exclude some from participating. Ford GT classic race car will be allowed as well if we go with classic race cars.

@Sunhilegend: I'll try to upload the PAL replay tonight, not sure if I can make it though.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Polyphony said:
NAT 2 is normal, and very high bandwidth is the best you can have. That's odd... was your network being used by other computers or devices at the time? Have you been experiencing similar problems in other online lobbies? Was it fine at some point since the last patch? If it's a recent problem, then maybe it's just your ISP that is being unreliable.
I don't game online much so I couldn't say how I fare on other games honestly (most of the times It was fine with KZ3 tho), but I never had any problems with lag on GTNRL races/practices before. And no, I was solo on my network and had the whole bandw for the race.
Although I should point out that I've never been able to play a lagless race joining the online lobby in random rooms, it's always been awful there for me and that's the reason I stick with only GTNRL or racing friends for GT5's online. Bummer.

The other day I was also disconnected twice from my own room while practicing for the race tho. 2 out of 2 in the span of 10 minutes.
Maybe I should check with my ISP as you suggest.

Thanks a lot for the reply!
Just as we're here, eheh, can I ask you if by any means the lag could have also make it that my car behaved differently on the race or is that very hard to believe? Because I might have had a couple of beers yesterday but I swear to god it seemed like my car was heavier than a tank, it was terrible to handle and I felt like there was a huge delay between me pushing the pedals and the car actually braking/accelerating!

Angst

^I've never experienced lag affecting my car on the track. Other cars, yes. GT5 rarely have issues with lag and the few times it has happened the player in question warps all over the track and it's really noticeable. I never noticed that with you yesterday. I say the beers were to blame... :p

The M3 combined with Sports Hard takes a bit of getting used to, so it was probably that.

Gynoug79

my race was done after the first 5 seconds.... lights go green, car in front of me moves immediatly to the left, i cant see why and crash into a stationary Camaro. Engine damage for me while everybody else heads off into the distance.

Angst

Gynoug79 said:
my race was done after the first 5 seconds.... lights go green, car in front of me moves immediatly to the left, i cant see why and crash into a stationary Camaro. Engine damage for me while everybody else heads off into the distance.
Yeah I noticed, your bad luck has been really consistent lately... It's bound to turn around sooner or later though.

Angst

chillumchilla said:
gutted...disconnected lap 1
Just at the start too... you were the only disconnect as far as I know.

Thinking about it - I think your car was the weirdly behaving obstacle that ruined gynoug's race. You disconnected immediately at the start but I think your car drove itself on autopilot for a few seconds or so.

Gynoug79 said:

And that's the kind of thing that makes me vote for light damage... :p

On the connection front after ditching wi-fi and stringing an ethernet cable from my office to the living room lag improved a lot and got me Nat 1. Didn't help this time though but I can only imagine how bad it would have been on wi-fi! Oh yes and girlfriend under strict instructions not to simultaneously peruse perez hilton dot cunt on laptop!

Angst said:
Just at the start too... you were the only disconnect as far as I know.

Thinking about it - I think your car was the weirdly behaving obstacle that ruined gynoug's race. You disconnected immediately at the start but I think your car drove itself on autopilot for a few seconds or so.
Don't think it was me (if it was apologies Gynoug), I saw the beginning screw up, started position 5 for some reason got about half way round the track and then ....

chillumchilla said:
Don't think it was me (if it was apologies Gynoug), I saw the beginning screw up, started position 5 for some reason got about half way round the track and then ....

I was right behind you and saw you sliding around for a few seconds and then you just disappeared :/

Angst

chillumchilla said:
I'm not saying you did anything wrong. The game showed you as disconnected right at the start, but due to some weird ass lag you could drive along in your own alternate universe for half a lap before the game booted you. :)

I think it was MM White Shadow's stalled car. I am the car that dodged it to the left, you must have been right behind me. Sorry, would have turned on my blinker if there was one, hahah.

gutterboy44 said:
I think it was MM stalled car. I am the car that dodged it to the left, you must have been right behind me. Sorry, would have turned on my blinker if there was one, hahah.

At the start line? Not me. I had a great start, went from the back to 5th or 4th.

And yeah, qualy was messed up. Everyone was on pole on their own grid, and since Angst was host his grid was probably the one that counted.

Metalmurphy said:
At the start line? Not me. I had a great start, went from the back to 5th or 4th.

And yeah, qualy was messed up. Everyone was on pole on their own grid, and since Angst was host his grid was probably the one that counted.

I think there could have been some lag issues. I would have to check the replay but I think it was an orange/red Camaro.

Gynoug79

no it wasnt chillumchilla. i just had a look at the replay, it was white shadows car.And it must have been lag. On my replay his car moved even before it should be possible but then suddenly somehow stays stationary. On the grid i was behind gutterboy, who just barely avoids white shadows Camaro. Apologies for breaking your rear right suspension White Shadow...but i couldnt avoid you anymore.

Although it ruined my race i am still for heavy damage. It gives the little extra rush when driving bumper to bumper...

Angst

Gynoug79 said:
no it wasnt chillumchilla. i just had a look at the replay, it was white shadows car.And it must have been lag. On my replay his car moved even before it should be possible but then suddenly somehow stays stationary. On the grid i was behind gutterboy, who just barely avoids white shadows Camaro. Apologies for breaking your rear right suspension White Shadow...but i couldnt avoid you anymore.

Although it ruined my race i am still for heavy damage. It gives the little extra rush when driving bumper to bumper...
Same here.

About next race:

historic racing cars @ Monza or Nordschleife sound ok?

Gynoug79 said:

Ah yeah I couldn't tell if it was lag or someone botching the false start check. I was very lucky to dodge it. Reminded me of the GPL days. Best grid starts ever. The chaos of a 15 car grid going into curva grande..epic.

Gynoug79

yeah i was thinking about a false start to but i think it was lag, just took these images:

trialmountaincircuitj7c1u.jpg

White Shadow's car somehow moves early
trialmountaincircuit_8xcm0.jpg

drifting off to the right
trialmountaincircuit_orfo9.jpg

facing back to the left
trialmountaincircuit_c6ffq.jpg

gutterboy clear, me not so....

Dibbz

Amazing pictures everyone. False starts are always tricky. Luckily I was just beside the Camaro rather than behind. About the next race, Historic cars sound fun as long as they are not limited to the 20 mill cars. I don't have any of them :(

paskowitz

Angst said:
Same here.

About next race:

historic racing cars @ Monza or Nordschleife sound ok?

I would say Circuit de Le Sarthe. Also !EVERYONE! who does not have any of the classic race cars (GT40, P3/4, XJ13, GT40 Classic Race car, chaparral 2j, chaparral 2d, etc) private message me and I will put you in touch with someone who can get you the prize tickets for the year of the car(s) you need. The only reason I am not mentioning his name is because I do not know if he wants lots of people PMing him at once.

paskowitz

Angst said:
Because I want something more exciting. I'd prefer Nordschleife, but I've had my most enjoyable races on Monza.

Le Mans... not exciting? What? You are the boss.

Not to sound arrogant, but The Ring is very hard for most people... so I think Monza no chicane would be interesting.

Dibbz

Are we talking Nord or Nurb GP? Monza is great track also. I'd really like to go race some city tracks soon. Madrid and Rome never get chosen and they're pretty good.

It was definitely the false-start shit that got me. I was thinking about my strategy for the first set of corners and completely forgot. I tried to move as far right as I could and unfortunately Gynoug tried to pass on that side. I feel really bad too because he took a lot more damage and it really sucks to be out of the race that quickly. Major respect to him for sticking it out and continuing the race.

I think Le Mans and Monza are much more suited for the proposed cars than a track like Fuji (I hate Fuji, ugh)

Tokyo would be fun as well. Need some high speed corners to slide through!

magawolaz

Hi, sorry to interrupt.

Metalmurphy said:
This happened also when I raced with you guys some months ago.

From what I know, there's a bug occuring during the qualy if someone enters the pit or returns from the track to the lounge.

If everyone stays on track during qualifications, the starting grid will be ok :)
(during a championship with my friends we NEVER had a problem with the grid)

By the way, I'd like to join you if the next race will have historical race car :) I love old cars :D

Business

magawolaz said:
From what I know, there's a bug occuring during the qualy if someone enters the pit or returns from the track to the lounge.

That makes a lot of sense and is exactly what I thought happened yesterday.

Actually we are aware of that bug and we constantly warn people that they shouldn't leave to the lobby or enter pits through the menu.

But since alot of new people started racing I guess some didn't knew about it.

magawolaz

Metalmurphy said:
Actually we are aware of that bug and we constantly warn people that they shouldn't leave to the lobby or enter pits through the menu.

But since alot of new people started racing I guess some didn't knew about it.
sorry, I thought you weren't aware. Nevermind!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Angst said:
Because I want something more exciting. I'd prefer Nordschleife, but I've had my most enjoyable races on Monza.
Monza is much much better and exciting imo, plus there's plenty of places to overtake and fuck up (so that who's behind has a reason to keep driving even if in last place for 20 laps -ie *me* lol)

paskowitz

PSA: The next race will have very expensive classic cars. If you do not have any classic Le Mans car (GT40, P3/4, XJ13, 2J, 2D, etc) PM me ASAP. I can get you in touch with someone who gives away free gift tickets in GT5. All you need to do is receive the ticket, back up your save, and reloading it until you get the desired car.

Or you could do it the honest (hard) way and just grind for cash...

Angst

Historic racing cars

Eligible cars:
Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67
Ford GT40 Race Car '69
Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
Chaparral 2D Race Car '67
Chaparral 2J Race Car '70​

Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane

picture.php

Best engine roar: