• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Business

I did 34'328 with the Jaguar. There's definitely room for improvement but things are getting a bit dangerous :D

The car is a beast. Quicker than the Ferrari on the straights but it takes quite a lot more distance to stop it. Also the handling is much trickier than the Ferrari. Good fun though.
Don't have the Ford so I can't compare.

Xun

Yeah I'm doing the rubber band trick.

Seems to be working alright so far, just chilling on the iPad at the moment.
Well it didn't go fine.

I was too tired to finish it and thus I paused it.

By the time I was set to continue in the morning my dad had turned off the PS3 (it's his).

:/

Not sure if I have the time to redo it now.

Angst

Race will not be postponed this week, it's on in two and a half hours. I'll be starting the lounge now to make sure I'm host. Anybody that wants to practice is of course welcome to join.

Angst

Post one of those countdown timers.

Race starts in:
t1322424000z0.png

EDIT: I'm in the lounge, but AFK, so if anyone joins and try to talk to me, don't be offended by my silence

Xun

Well it didn't go fine.

I was too tired to finish it and thus I paused it.

By the time I was set to continue in the morning my dad had turned off the PS3 (it's his).

:/

Not sure if I have the time to redo it now.
I'm currently redoing it.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it tonight!

Edit: Car is now mine!

Dibbz

Sorry I dropped out guys I was having problems. Since we started qualy I had no tyre sounds. I couldn't tell when I was losing traction and it was pretty hard to drive like that. No idea why that happened. Practice was fine.

Angst

Sorry I dropped out guys I was having problems. Since we started qualy I had no tyre sounds. I couldn't tell when I was losing traction and it was pretty hard to drive like that. No idea why that happened. Practice was fine.

Weird, that has never happened to me.

Next race will be shorter, with slower cars and with light damage.

Mazda TC @ Monaco - 10 laps and then same car at Autumn Ring perhaps?

Angst

Results
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/487767IMGP0917.jpg

about fatest lap :
[IMG]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/475360IMGP0909.jpg

congrats patriots[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure your fastest lap times are wrong, we did better times in the beginning and you only watched from lap 18 or so.

Sorry about the trouble I caused today. I bumped Round the first lap, and EdgyPoo later. Couldn't concentrate at all, my head is clogged up. I ended up pulling over with 5 laps left so I wouldn't mess anyone else up.

Syn23

Does anyone know why I was in pole position? :O
My qualification lap times were something around 1:38 - 1:39 so I should have been 7th ot 8th. When I saw I was first I instantly knew it wasn't going to end well. I've read that you guys make the first turn at 300km/h and I can't do better than 280 without going off track. So I knew that someone was going to crash into me.

Anyway, I started from the last place and got back to the 7th position, despite making many mistakes. The last half of my race was a little more solid, always around 1:40. Slow but solid. :p

Ah, very less lag problems this time, at least on my side.

Sounds good :) Damage didn't hurt me that much today but yeah... it'll be more fun for almost everyone.

It's weird though, those were my times for fastest lap as well. I did 1.35'2 or something on the last lap though.

Anyway, great race, I had the pace but ww lost control and hit me so it had to be a 3th after I lost Patau... It would've been perfect at 15 laps and light damage, I think, so I'm glad we're changing settings :)

l2ounD

Well.. that was kinda unfulfilling. Didnt really have a race with anyone till the last few laps...
And that lasted like 2 laps..

It was like a leap frog game from the pits.

Good race, here is my photo diary

My first prang lap 4.....

4Ggt2l.jpg

Imminent crash (mea culpa). Silver Jag tries desperately to avoid me.......

F8hH6l.jpg

KERRSMASSHH.. my car is banjaxed the Jag not so bad thankfully

4GkhNl.jpg

Limpin' back to the pits the coppers pull me over for kerb crawling.....

nMljQl.jpg

Gettin' Lapped again.....

HITzal.jpg

And hats off to the winner thepatriots......

qKpVSl.jpg

fin.

paskowitz

Sorry I couldn't make it to the race against yesterday... Sunday has become the hang-out-with-girlfriend day for me lol.

GT5 can be a spectator sport...

Also, Angst, what is the next race going to be? If you cannot think of anything, may I recommend:

I actually found a perfect car combo we need to do in the future. The new WRX RM from the DLC vs 07 Mitsubishi Evo RM on a city course like Madrid. I would love to see a more touring car style race, maybe with light damage and a more open contact policy. With a full grid it would be loads of fun.

Another thing, as much as I enjoy winning, if the other top contenders are ok with it and do the same, I would be ok taking something like a 5-7% weight increase and maybe a 2-5% power reduction. Maybe just experiment for one race and see how it turns out. Thoughts?

Also, anyone who is on GTPlanet.net should check this out.

Polyphony

GT5 can be a spectator sport...

Then I will need a livestream :p.

I love the Monaco track, I've been there once and it's pretty cool to see the omnipresent curbs in the streets of Monte Carlo. I hope to catch a few NRL practices, since it'll be my best chance to race with you guys.

Niks

Angst, can you consider another track instead of monaco?
I mean, I like monaco but its too single file, but with light damage it could work...

other options
Laguna Seca Raceway (they hold a real-life miata event there annually)
Circuito de Madrid (city track we haven't raced on)
Special Stage Route 7 or 5 (night race!)

Angst

Next race will be with Mazda TC, I'll post the OP later today hopefully. I'm in the same boat as Polyphony currently, but weekdays instead of Sundays.

Damn - I just remembered, I'll be in Morocco this weekend! So no race for me... lol

I'll still post the OP but someone else will have to organize things on Sunday. Tracks will be:

Laguna Seca and Special Stage Route 5

Great choices, I'm sure the races in those tracks will be nice.

BTW I'm with pasko, something like +50kg or +70kg for the top 3 or whoever has been doing better laptimes than the rest in the last race would be interesting, even if it bites us in the ass :p

Angst, you're going to Morocco? Hope you have a good time in there!

Sorry I couldn't make it to the race against yesterday... Sunday has become the hang-out-with-girlfriend day for me lol.

New girlfriends need training just like Pokemon (mine now rolls tactical spliffs and administers strategic beer sips during race), remember NeoGaf takes precedence!

Angst

Great choices, I'm sure the races in those tracks will be nice.

BTW I'm with pasko, something like +50kg or +70kg for the top 3 or whoever has been doing better laptimes than the rest in the last race would be interesting, even if it bites us in the ass :p

Angst, you're going to Morocco? Hope you have a good time in there!

Thanks! Yep, it's going to be awesome! Company kick-off :)

Business

^^Doesn't sound too bad :) I am out this week traveling too so I will miss sunday's race.

Regarding putting extra weight on the top 3 or so, I'd be ok with that.

Polyphony

Lol, nono this whole situation is nothing new, just a change of schedule.

I think the victory ballast could be a good idea to try out.

Angst

Will these be tuning restricted races?

Yeah, as you'll all be using the same car it will be set to No Tuning. Makes things easier and more even for everyone. As for ballast, I'll have some free time tonight and will post the rankings and the OP for next race then. Polyphony has kindly offered to make a banner for the OP and hopefully he will have it ready by tonight as well. Sorry for the lackluster updates recently :p

paskowitz

Yeah, as you'll all be using the same car it will be set to No Tuning. Makes things easier and more even for everyone. As for ballast, I'll have some free time tonight and will post the rankings and the OP for next race then. Polyphony has kindly offered to make a banner for the OP and hopefully he will have it ready by tonight as well. Sorry for the lackluster updates recently :p

One thing for the ballast, please do % not just a standard weight. 50kg and 100kg affects a 900kg car differently than a 1400kg car.

Angst

2oOii.gif

YXEcf.png

Credits to Polyphony for the Logo and Niks for the banner!

Roadster Cup

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1323028800z0.png

Allowed cars:
Mazda Roadster TC (DLC car)
Tuning allowed:
No Tuning​
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft
Track:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (10 laps)
Special Stage Route 5 (10 laps)
Laps:
See above
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS​
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip: Realistic​
Players Participating (10 / 16):
  • 01 - Niks
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - Risk Breaker
  • 04 - weekend_warrior
  • 05 - chillumchilla
  • 06 - Syn23
  • 07 - magawolaz
  • 08 - ashk
  • 09 - 2scoops
  • 10 - Dibbz
  • 11 - SunhiLegend
  • 12 - l2ound
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - gynoug79
  • R2 - Polyphony
  • R3 - Metalmurphy
  • R4 - Norante
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed. Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Awesomeness:

iGVsjQr1dlm1B.gif

League Standings:

Coming soon, stand by for transmission... (still haven't had the time)

paskowitz

In obviously.

For tires, I tested sports medium and soft at Monaco and they felt just about right. I would go with SS so DS3 users have no trouble.

Top Bottom