• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Angst

I've updated the OP with a banner courtesy of Niks, I've also locked down the tyre selection to Sports Soft. Sending out PMs to the regulars that haven't signed up yet.

Xun

Since there's no tuning is it not possible for you to force the car on everyone or does that not work if you don't have the DLC?

Would really love to take part in it.

Angst

Since there's no tuning is it not possible for you to force the car on everyone or does that not work if you don't have the DLC?

Would really love to take part in it.
No. There are a few cars in the recommended section online, but it's very limited unfortunately.

Angst

I've looked for alternate cars for the non-DLC crowd, but I haven't been able to find a similar car that would work as a balanced competitor.

2scoops

I would like to join this race if possible please! It will be my first time racing in the NRL, but i do not have a wheel at the moment. Will this be a problem?

Polyphony

Shouldn't be a problem, a few participants use the controller as well.

I'm curious to see what kind of laps you guys are posting.

My hotlaps are mid 1:37s at Laguna Seca and mid 1:33s at SSR5.

Btw, I'm in the NRL lounge right now, and will be free to practice later today as well if anyone wants to do 5 laps practice races!

2scoops

Shouldn't be a problem, a few participants use the controller as well.

I'm running mid 1:37s at Laguna Seca, curious to see what kind of laps you guys are posting.

Btw, I'm in the NRL lounge right now, and will be free to practice later today as well if anyone wants to do 5 laps practice races!

Awesome! So how do i sign up? Or did I do that just by posting here...?

Polyphony

Indeed you did lol, just wait for Angst to add you to the list of participants.

Also, add GT5NRL to your friends list, you will need to join its private lobby (the teacup) on race day.

Polyphony

Angst, could you put me on reserve as well?

Just throwing a quick idea out there, but since we are driving race modified cars, there's the possibility of assigning a unique number to every car to make identification easier.

Angst

Just throwing a quick idea out there, but since we are driving race modified cars, there's the possibility of assigning a unique number to every car to make identification easier.

Sure, will do!

As for numbers on the car: Look at the player grid in the OP and pick that number for your car. If you're on the reserves list, just pick 16+<your reserves #>. I.e. R1 gets #17, etc.

paskowitz

The number on your car should be the number next to your name on Angst's big race info post thing.

Edit: Beaten... damn

Yes I can race this Sunday.

iGVsjQr1dlm1B.gif

Syn23

Can we turn off visual damage for the next race?
The damage model in GT5 is quite bad, and shots of damaged cars are pretty much always bad. If turned off we could be able to do some cool photos of overtakes in the last part of the race, when otherwise cars would possiby be already damaged.

Polyphony

Make sure everything is stock, including transmission settings, suspension settings, aerodynamics. The only thing allowed by the 'no tuning' restriction is a lowered engine power.

Make sure everything is stock, including transmission settings, suspension settings, aerodynamics. The only thing allowed by the 'no tuning' restriction is a lowered engine power.

Thanks, but my engine is a stage 3 tune from earlier. Any options available to me apart from withdrawal?

Polyphony

I guess the only way for you to participate then is if we remove the Tuning restriction during the race, and hope that everybody abides by the same code of honor in regards to tuning ;)

By the way, does a lowered engine power with Stage 3 car perform identically to its stock counterpart?

By the way, does a lowered engine power with Stage 3 car perform identically to its stock counterpart?

No, the power limiter works by limiting the peak horsepower, but without changing the powerband. Example:

ovaHm.jpg

You can see that the peak horsepower is the same, but the powerband is significantly larger, creating max power across almost the entire rpm range. In addition to this the torque doesn't scale down with the HP, so when to use the limiter to bring down a stage 3 car you end up with about 20% more peak torque then a stock car would have.

I'm getting sick (throat is being a bitch) but I hope I can still make it to the race :) Haven't even painted my car yet, but no tuning + old tracks + nice and not too fast car = great race assured!

My stage 3 run in engine is making 224hp over 795Kg. Ratio 0.281

How much is the stock engine power?

p.s. weekend_warrior did you draw those cool graphs yourself?

xtwo

can someone let me borrow aguar XJ13 Race Car '66? I need it for Historic Racing Car Cup. I will give the car back in day or two.

p.s. weekend_warrior did you draw those cool graphs yourself?

Yes.

can someone let me borrow aguar XJ13 Race Car '66? I need it for Historic Racing Car Cup. I will give the car back in day or two.

You can't gift cars over 1 million credits, but if someone has it "shared" you'll be able to use it for A-Spec. I don't think the Jag will be enough to win the race either, look for a shared Toyota 7 in your friends list. This is also the wrong thread to be asking for cars. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33134294#post33134294

Polyphony

Anybody up for last minute practice? Will be free in the next hours or so.

Edit:
10:30 GMT-5, practicing with chillumchilla, epic black screen lol

Polyphony

Good practice with chillumchilla... just realized it's 5 AM over there in Ireland lol

I raced along in my stock Roadster versus his Stage 3 car. Both were capped at 195 hp to make it fair, and the difference was minimal. His car would accelerate a tiny bit faster as evidenced from the race start, but I was still able to overtake at different areas of the track. So I don't think that chillum having the upgrade would drastically alter the race results. If everybody's ok with it, we could remove the tuning restriction before the race starts, ensuring that everybody else is stock, and that chillumchilla can qualify and join the race as well.

Unrelated: SSR5 practice lap

magawolaz

That's a pretty good lap. Yesterday I did something like 1:35 :/ Thanks for the video because now I get what I was doing wrong.

Gonna do some practice now with my DS3...

Wait a minute, I have Engine Tuning Stage 2, is that stock or did I fuck it up when I got the DLC?

Nevermind, I see I have 197bhp so it should be okay.

I'm definitely faster on SSR5, got to 1:33.5 going all out.

Top Bottom